mail problems

Old February 25th 05, 10:41 PM
amesh \(Mette\)

Default mail problems

My incoming mailserver has serious problems, and has been down for now 48
hours. Some mails come dripping in, though, 1 at a time per 12 hours !!
The redirect-service and send-function do not work, so I cannot respond, but
can see most of the mails on the server as read-only. I know that some
mails have been lost on their way, since I have been contacted through other
channels for lack of response. To those of you who (may) have written to
me, but didn't receive an answer, please be patient, eventually try again in
a couple of days. Thanks.
--
Best regards
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)

Old February 25th 05, 11:07 PM
Didier Cuidet

Le Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:41:57 +0100, dans rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,
"amesh \(Mette\)" a écrit :

My incoming mailserver has serious problems,

This group is supposed to be reserved to talk about stamps collecting.

Complain to .

--
DC
Old February 26th 05, 03:49 AM
Rodney

I have been having loading problems as well, with my server.
just in RCSD

The little green screens blink, and then, when it appears
it has annoyed me enough, it vomits up a load of posts.

Old February 26th 05, 05:02 AM

Hi Didier,

I think Mette's post is appropriate. Since she is one of the more
active members of RCSD and corresponds with a number of the members and
since she effectively does not have e-mail then her message is totally
appropriate.

Jerry B

Old February 26th 05, 09:22 AM
Victor Manta

"amesh \(Mette\)" a écrit :

My incoming mailserver has serious problems,

This group is supposed to be reserved to talk about stamps collecting.

Complain to .

--
DC

Mr. Cuidet,

After having annoyed for years the stamps collectors on
news:fr.rec.philatelie , you have suddenly turned your attention to this
newsgroup.

I can speak only in my own name, but I have noticed that all participants
who have commented on your postings, have concluded that those that concern
the usage of this NG are unnecessary and unfriendly.

Mette is one of the permanents here (which means that she is active on RCSD
for a long time), she is a passionate stamp collector, and she posts here
about stamp collecting. She had good reasons to expect that somebody from
RCSD could contact her, so she issued a friendly warning. It is not only
legitimate but also correct.

May I ask you to review your conduct (see above) and to change your
behavior.
--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization:
http://www.pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/
Romania by Stamps: http://www.marci-postale.com/
Communism on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/communism/
Spanish North Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/

Old February 26th 05, 10:33 PM
Pierre COURTIADE

Thanks Victor for saying so politely exactly what I was tempted to say
more crudely.

--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade

Old February 27th 05, 09:56 AM
amesh \(Mette\)

"amesh (Mette)" skrev i en meddelelse
My incoming mailserver has serious problems, and has been down for now 48
hours. Some mails come dripping in, though, 1 at a time per 12 hours !!
The redirect-service and send-function do not work, so I cannot respond,
but can see most of the mails on the server as read-only. I know that
some mails have been lost on their way, since I have been contacted
through other channels for lack of response. To those of you who (may)
have written to me, but didn't receive an answer, please be patient,
eventually try again in a couple of days. Thanks.

Thanks to all who have supported me in this minor Gallic attack :-) Happy
to say that my mailserver is back online.

Mette

Old February 27th 05, 10:24 AM
ThibauT

Pour participer à nos (d)ébats, "Pierre COURTIADE"
sussurait le Sat, 26 Feb 2005 23:33:50 +0100 :

Thanks Victor for saying so politely exactly what I was tempted to say
more crudely.

rooooo Pierre, no name in subject, Didier could again post a wonderful
message on that fault ))))

I didn't know there was the same problem here on rcsd than on frp, the
world is sometimes too small.....
--
ThibauT
sans être syndicaliste, je soutiens l'effort collectif )
Old February 27th 05, 02:09 PM
Didier Cuidet

Le Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:56:09 +0100, dans rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,
"amesh \(Mette\)" a écrit :

Thanks to all who have supported me in this minor Gallic attack :-)

They would have better to read the charter of this newsgroup :

URL:http://web.presby.edu/~jtbell/usenet/rcs/rcsd-charter.html

The following are prohibited:
[...]
- Any message having no relationship to philately, stamps, postal
history, or postal agencies.
- Any message requesting or presenting personal messages to specific
individuals, such as an attempt to use the newsgroup as a
substitute for E-mail.

--
DC
Old February 27th 05, 07:22 PM
Steve Frazer

"amesh \(Mette\)" a écrit :

Thanks to all who have supported me in this minor Gallic attack :-)

They would have better to read the charter of this newsgroup :

URL:http://web.presby.edu/~jtbell/usenet/rcs/rcsd-charter.html

The following are prohibited:
[...]
- Any message having no relationship to philately, stamps, postal
history, or postal agencies.
- Any message requesting or presenting personal messages to specific
individuals, such as an attempt to use the newsgroup as a
substitute for E-mail.

However this is now a small newsgroup and it's not a regular issue (got my
stamp related bit in there ;-) and so what does it matter. It's certainly
not like it was way back when we had that moron posting massive binaries
before the newsgroups split into .discuss and .marketplace.
--

Steve Frazer

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve_frazer/index.html
(updated Jan 31 '05)

Snail Mail TC Blair General Discussion 3 February 4th 05 03:34 PM
UK: Mail trains are back TC General Discussion 0 December 15th 04 06:52 PM
Mail watcthdog letters are lost Alan General Discussion 0 June 27th 04 08:29 PM
NY Times on Royal Mail Alan General Discussion 1 May 29th 04 10:55 AM
Anyone had problems with mail from Slovenia? Byron L. Reed Coins 5 April 13th 04 10:17 PM