Silver Ticket Found

Old November 25th 09, 12:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

Default Silver Ticket Found

Not a gold ticket, but silver will do. It is the second
state, first edition, of Roald Dahl's Charlie and the
Chocolate Factory, Knopf 1964, with blindstamped red cover,
mustard endpapers, maroon topstain, and five line colophon
on last page. Alas, no dust jacket. But I am happy. The
condition is fine and the price was right.

--
Francis A. Miniter

Oscuramente
libros, laminas, llaves
siguen mi suerte.

Jorge Luis Borges, La Cifra Haiku, 6
Old November 26th 09, 04:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
J[_2_]

At a recent bookfair, I got a very nice price on the first three
volumes of horror editor Stephen Jones' new "Not at Night" series of
anthologies. All three are numbered and signed, and in perfect
condition. Looking on bookfinder, these books generally go for twice
what I paid...and the seller "ate" the sales tax on my purchase!

"For fans of classic horror fiction, the Not at Night series of
anthologies is one of the genre's best-kept secrets. Beginning with
the book from which the series took its collective name, published in
October 1925, literary agent and author Christine Campbell Thomson
edited twelve volumes which appeared from British publisher Selwyn &
Blount during the 1920s and '30s. Now here is a new anthology inspired
by Thomson's acclaimed series."

The series seems to have come to a halt, though a new volume is listed
on Jones' website (for 2011!).