"You made daddy have a stroke"

Old November 19th 04, 06:01 AM
Gary Dorman

Default "You made daddy have a stroke"

The kids are blaming the previous buyers for causing daddy's stroke by
questioning his integrity on these coins...

"We strongly suggest that you look long and hard at what you accomplish and
the beliefs that guide your actions before you cast disparaging remarks on a
person whose integrity earned him the respect and admiration of his peers.
My father has been a positive influence to numerous practitioners in all
disciplines and they are fiercely loyal to him. There is a chance that when
you will have a need for surgery and there is a chance that the surgeon who
is performing the surgery just happens to be one of those who feel that they
owe my father a debt of gratitude and if they have reason to believe that
you have endangered his health by questioning his integrity then there is no
telling how they will react. Don't take this as a threat "

Old November 19th 04, 10:12 AM
Jock

ebay's just hell ain't it? Nobody makes anybody buy or sell if they don't
want to.
Jock

. com...

Old November 19th 04, 10:33 AM
JSTONE9352

The kids are blaming the previous buyers for causing daddy's stroke by
questioning his integrity on these coins...

"We strongly suggest that you look long and hard at what you accomplish and
the beliefs that guide your actions before you cast disparaging remarks on a
person whose integrity earned him the respect and admiration of his peers.
My father has been a positive influence to numerous practitioners in all
disciplines and they are fiercely loyal to him. There is a chance that when
you will have a need for surgery and there is a chance that the surgeon who
is performing the surgery just happens to be one of those who feel that they
owe my father a debt of gratitude and if they have reason to believe that
you have endangered his health by questioning his integrity then there is no
telling how they will react. Don't take this as a threat "

I have seen many unusual things

in auction descriptions but this one
is a first. They are talking of the
possibility of taking a person to
court over comments made that
caused someone to have a stroke?

When they say "don't take this as
a threat" you know that it is
a threat.

Old November 19th 04, 10:45 AM
Ira Stein

Jock writes:

ebay's just hell ain't it? Nobody makes anybody buy or sell if they don't
want to.
Jock

"Gary Dorman" wrote in message
. com...
| The kids are blaming the previous buyers for causing daddy's stroke by
| questioning his integrity on these coins...
|
| "We strongly suggest that you look long and hard at what you accomplish
and
| the beliefs that guide your actions before you cast disparaging remarks on
| person whose integrity earned him the respect and admiration of his peers.
| My father has been a positive influence to numerous practitioners in all
| disciplines and they are fiercely loyal to him. There is a chance that
when
| you will have a need for surgery and there is a chance that the surgeon
who
| is performing the surgery just happens to be one of those who feel that
they
| owe my father a debt of gratitude and if they have reason to believe that
| you have endangered his health by questioning his integrity then there is
no
| telling how they will react. Don't take this as a threat "
|

| http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3941140379

Then according to you, it's okay to fraudulently misrepresent any items because
no one forces you to bid on it? Truth and integrity has nothing to do with it?

I also belive much of this seller's feedback is also fraudulent, perhapes left
by a family member or friend. The coins for which the feedback was left are not
only praised by the so-called buyers but stated that the coins now reside in
PCGS holders. When you look at the hideous toning of those coins it's plain
that these coins would never resided in a reputable 3rd party capsule.

I e-mailed the seller voicing my opinion of his fraudulent auctions and
disingenuous descriptions. I'll take a chance on having his father's
"colleagues" operate on me!

Ira Stein
Old November 19th 04, 10:46 AM
Jock

"JSTONE9352" wrote in message

| I have seen many unusual things
| in auction descriptions but this one
| is a first. They are talking of the
| possibility of taking a person to
| court over comments made that
| caused someone to have a stroke?
|
| When they say "don't take this as
| a threat" you know that it is
| a threat.

this is the litigous world those plastic suited maggot lawyers have created
for us.
Jock

Old November 19th 04, 11:08 AM
Jock

"Ira Stein" wrote in message
| Jock writes:
|
| ebay's just hell ain't it? Nobody makes anybody buy or sell if they
don't
| want to.
| Jock
|

| "Gary Dorman" wrote in message
| . com...
| | The kids are blaming the previous buyers for causing daddy's stroke by
| | questioning his integrity on these coins...
| |
| | "We strongly suggest that you look long and hard at what you accomplish
| and
| | the beliefs that guide your actions before you cast disparaging remarks
on
| | person whose integrity earned him the respect and admiration of his
peers.
| | My father has been a positive influence to numerous practitioners in all
| | disciplines and they are fiercely loyal to him. There is a chance that
| when
| | you will have a need for surgery and there is a chance that the surgeon
| who
| | is performing the surgery just happens to be one of those who feel that
| they
| | owe my father a debt of gratitude and if they have reason to believe
that
| | you have endangered his health by questioning his integrity then there
is
| no
| | telling how they will react. Don't take this as a threat "
| |
| |
| | http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3941140379
| |
| |

| Then according to you, it's okay to fraudulently misrepresent any items
because
| no one forces you to bid on it? Truth and integrity has nothing to do with
it?

| I also belive much of this seller's feedback is also fraudulent, perhapes
left
| by a family member or friend. The coins for which the feedback was left
are not
| only praised by the so-called buyers but stated that the coins now reside
in
| PCGS holders. When you look at the hideous toning of those coins it's
plain
| that these coins would never resided in a reputable 3rd party capsule.
|
| I e-mailed the seller voicing my opinion of his fraudulent auctions and
| disingenuous descriptions. I'll take a chance on having his father's
| "colleagues" operate on me!
|

| Ira Stein

You have inserted your own interpretation which is 180degrees away from my
point.
I say buyer beware. I say seller sell honestly. Otherwise, suffer your own
destiny.
Power to you. -- Ain't nobody escaped the ire of Ira yet!
Jock

Old November 19th 04, 01:49 PM
James Brautigan

Looks like a blow (torch) job. The "not a threat" sure sounds like a
threat...

JB

Old November 19th 04, 01:57 PM
Sam Flanigan

I love this part of it...
"While the rest of my siblings are reviewing their respective books on coin
collecting until their turn to do the listing for Dad I was given 4 hours to
familiarize myself with coin collecting and grading. This is where a college
education comes in handy, I read the Red Book cover to cover and just like
reviewing for finals I only paid attention to the part that I deem to be
important. My skills at grading my need more work; however, I learned to
recognize the coins that the bidders will bid on."

And...
"This coin is truly beautiful and when one grades a coin like this one the
technical stuff should be thrown out the window because true collectors
appreciates beauty when they see it and I will overstep my authority by
personally guaranteeing the winners satisfaction. With that said I will
grade this coin MS68."

The guy has taken a whole 4 hours to read the Red Book to familiar himself
with collecting and grading, and feels he only needs to pay attention to the
parts he considers important...
All that, and he grades it MS68!

He says he went to college, but I am not sure he graduated.. hehe..
Not sure I have seen such an obvious EF/AU AT..

Sam F.

"Gary Dorman" wrote...

Old November 19th 04, 03:48 PM
Eric Faust

[...]

This is why one should never fill in the "eBay User ID" blank on a hospital
admission form.

Eric

Old November 19th 04, 06:18 PM
JSTONE9352

The guy has taken a whole 4 hours to read the Red Book to familiar himself
with collecting and grading, and feels he only needs to pay attention to the
parts he considers important...
All that, and he grades it MS68!

I think he read the wrong book, after
all there is a book I believe written