$ 1000 Mexico (1989)

Old October 24th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
°darius°

Default $ 1000 Mexico (1989)

Does anybody nows something about this coin?
An uncle has gave me 100 as a present, but I don't know the actual value.
Please help me.

--
°darius°
(ITALY)

Old October 24th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Slime Lowlife

In article , °darius°
wrote:

Does anybody nows something about this coin?
An uncle has gave me 100 as a present, but I don't know the actual value.
Please help me.

I assume this is a big brass coin, right? If so, it was made when
Mexico was undergoing a lot of inflation. In 1992 they revalued their
money, with a new peso = 1000 of the old.

I think they demonetized the old currency later; currently, the Mexican
peso is worth about $0.092
(http://www.gocurrency.com/v2/dorate....=USD&Calculate
=Convert). So, if you can get a Mexican bank to take these things,
this is probably a rough idea of the value.

You might want to still set a few aside, particularly the really nice
coins without any wear, & as few nicks, fingerprints, or tarnish as you
can get. These pieces circulated very extensively while they were
current, & many of them were turned in & melted down when the currency
was revalued.
Old October 25th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edwin Johnston

Slime Lowlife wrote:
In article , °darius°
wrote:

[...]

In other words, it would be worth 9/100ths of one cent on a good day.
Old October 25th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bland Allison

Edwin Johnston wrote in
:

Slime Lowlife wrote:

(http://www.gocurrency.com/v2/dorate....to=USD&Calcula
te =Convert). So, if you can get a Mexican bank to take these
things, this is probably a rough idea of the value.

You might want to still set a few aside, particularly the really nice
coins without any wear, & as few nicks, fingerprints, or tarnish as
you can get. These pieces circulated very extensively while they
were current, & many of them were turned in & melted down when thema
currency was revalued.

In other words, it would be worth 9/100ths of one cent on a good day.

Well...maybe they're uncirculated. In UNC they go for $3-$4. BU is a
bit more.

--

BA
Old October 25th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Slime Lowlife

In article , Edwin Johnston
wrote:

Slime Lowlife wrote:
In article , °darius°
wrote:

[...]

Oh, no. If Darius is talking about the MX$1000 coin (which is how I
read it) then it's worth a whole 9.2˘ apiece.

Enough of these, then we're talking about real money
Old October 26th 06, 05:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edwin Johnston

Slime Lowlife wrote:
In article , Edwin Johnston
wrote:

Slime Lowlife wrote:
In article , °darius°
wrote:

[...]

Indeed, I stand corrected. Decimalpointitis.
Old October 26th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
°darius°

Thanks a lot for your answers!
I have 300 of $1000.
So, what do you suggest me to do ?
Best regards
°darius°
____________________
"Bland Allison" ha scritto nel messaggio
Edwin Johnston wrote in
:

Old October 26th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bland Allison

"°darius°" wrote in
:

Thanks a lot for your answers!
I have 300 of $1000.
So, what do you suggest me to do ?
Best regards
°darius°
____________________
"Bland Allison" ha scritto nel messaggio
Edwin Johnston wrote in
:

Slime Lowlife wrote:

(http://www.gocurrency.com/v2/dorate....N&to=USD&Calcu
la te =Convert). So, if you can get a Mexican bank to take these
things, this is probably a rough idea of the value.

You might want to still set a few aside, particularly the really
nice coins without any wear, & as few nicks, fingerprints, or
tarnish as you can get. These pieces circulated very extensively
while they were current, & many of them were turned in & melted
down when thema currency was revalued.

In other words, it would be worth 9/100ths of one cent on a good
day.

Well...maybe they're uncirculated. In UNC they go for $3-$4. BU is
a bit more.

--

BA

Depends completely on the grade. If they're UNC, you might be able to
interest a US dealer. If they're even as much as AU58 they wouldn't be
worth the shipping. Got a picture of one?

--

BA
Old October 26th 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
BBQ n BLUES

Thanks a lot for your answers!
I have 300 of $1000.
So, what do you suggest me to do ?
Best regards
°darius°

Darius;
List those suckers on eBay as a 'lot' !!

Promote the auction with _ALL of the catch phrases like:

"300K VALUE"

"RARE"

"ONCE IN A LIFETIME DEAL" etc.

Spend the bucks for a featured listing.

Old October 26th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Slime Lowlife

In article , °darius°
wrote:

Thanks a lot for your answers!
I have 300 of $1000.
So, what do you suggest me to do ?
Best regards
°darius°
____________________
"Bland Allison" ha scritto nel messaggio
Edwin Johnston wrote in
:

(snip)

Well...maybe they're uncirculated. In UNC they go for $3-$4. BU is a
bit more.

--

BA

I have another idea...
I wonder what the melt value of these things are; there must be a fair
amount of copper in them. If there's nickel as well (I don't know what
sort of brass or aluminum-bronze concoction they made them with), the
metal value might actually exceed their theoretical exchange rate.