seeburg std2 scanning and failure to play

Old June 7th 05, 04:54 PM
allan

Default seeburg std2 scanning and failure to play

I am ordering the manual, and it just goes from one selection to the
next sequentially and then does a repeated pick and does not play the
same record. sometimes I can get it to go to the next one, but it
gets in a mode that it just keeps repicking and not playing. Any help
appreciated.
Old June 8th 05, 03:42 AM
Tony Miller

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 11:54:54 -0400, allan allan at his dot com
wrote:

I am ordering the manual, and it just goes from one selection to the
next sequentially and then does a repeated pick and does not play the
same record. sometimes I can get it to go to the next one, but it
gets in a mode that it just keeps repicking and not playing. Any help
appreciated.

Check my website: http:/home.pacbell.net/fmillera/troubleshoot.htm

for troubleshooting tips. Sounds like symptom #2 from your
description.

Cheers,

Tony Miller
Old June 8th 05, 07:37 PM
allan

Tony thanks for the link to your wonderful site. I was unclear, what
it is doing is going from one selection to the next, mostly playing
them, but sometimes going into the pick loop. How can I get it to
stop sequential playing. And then I need to fix the occassional pick
loop.

Old June 9th 05, 05:25 AM
Tony Miller

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 14:37:20 -0400, allan allan at his dot com
wrote:

Tony thanks for the link to your wonderful site. I was unclear, what
it is doing is going from one selection to the next, mostly playing
them, but sometimes going into the pick loop. How can I get it to
stop sequential playing. And then I need to fix the occassional pick
loop.

I have no idea what a 'pick loop' is. Can you explain? The easiest
way to clear all selections is to unplug the RCA connector from the
DCC and put the machine into manual scan. When the two scans are
complete, all selections should be canceled and you can plug the RCA
jack back in. It should function normally after that, unless you have
a panic box installed, or the read load and trip relay screws on the
DCC terminal board are connected together.

Cheers,

Tony Miller