RCC Tokens

Old May 22nd 10, 03:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

Default RCC Tokens

On 5/22/2010 9:10 AM, Bruce Remick wrote:
I would say that one person's direct offer to buy does indeed provide a
"pretty good idea" of value. Bettter even than your own "I don't think
these have much value" comment. You obviously had little to contribute to
the OP's questions about popularity and value, but instead you chose to use
the post as another opportunity to ramble on with unasked-for owl-related
minutia where a simple link to your site would have sufficed.

One person's offer is far too small a sample size to make any
intelligent determination about market value. Didn't stop you though.
It's fine for the OP to say, OK, I'll sell any for $25. But a far better
way to determine market value is to see what they've sold for in the
past, and a better way than this is to take open offers here or put them
up on eBay.

For you of all people to criticize me for offering on-topic commentary
about a numismatic subject, clearly labeled as (long), is preposterous
when you jump in and offer off-topic commentary on about anything and
everything here. But you've done this before. You seem to object when
somebody leaves comments longer than some internal limit you have in
your head, as if you were stuck in 1985 when we were limited by
bandwidth in the length of the text that could be efficiently routed
within Usenet.

It's stupid to criticize posts for being too long today. Not talking
about book-long posts, but posts the length of a short newspaper or
magazine article. My post here was five paragraphs long! If this is too
taxing for you, if you feel that five paragraphs is "rambling," that's
fine, but why criticize it. That just adds to the verbiage that seems to
bother you so much. But it's not really verbiage that bothers you.
That's just your pretext. It's the opportunity to comment that you enjoy
so much, any and every opportunity, about anything, doesn't matter,
you'll have your say, even if it's to criticize others for having their say.

--

Consumer: http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Old May 22nd 10, 05:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
[...]

No one else here criticized you. Just me. Bandwidth has nothing to do
with it. Just my personal observation. If you think so little of me, it
shouldn't have bothered you at all and you should have ignored my post. But
of course you can't resist any opportunity to offer your profound
psychoanalytical analysis of anyone who criticizes you. At least it's free.

It's stupid to criticize posts for being too long today. Not talking about
book-long posts, but posts the length of a short newspaper or magazine
article. My post here was five paragraphs long! If this is too taxing for
you, if you feel that five paragraphs is "rambling," that's fine, but why
criticize it. That just adds to the verbiage that seems to bother you so
much. But it's not really verbiage that bothers you. That's just your
pretext. It's the opportunity to comment that you enjoy so much, any and
every opportunity, about anything, doesn't matter, you'll have your say,
even if it's to criticize others for having their say.

My comment was not meant so much about your post's length per se. You said
it was a verbatum quote from your web site, to which you easily could have
provided a link for anyone wanting to delve into the minutia of the rcc
token(s), especially since you had nothing significant to offer about what
the OP asked about. You simply delight in seeing yourself in print. Yes,
sometimes I do enjoy pointing this out. You do what you enjoy. So do I.
You're not the only critic here.

Old May 22nd 10, 06:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

FWIW, I only have 3 RCC tokens and would like to increase my
collection by adding those that I don't have. BTW, is there a website
showing all of the RCC tokens?

Jud -Another interested collector-
Old May 22nd 10, 07:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

On 5/22/2010 12:28 PM, Bruce Remick wrote:
of course you can't resist any opportunity to offer your profound
psychoanalytical analysis of anyone who criticizes you. At least it's free.

I'm not psychoanalyzing you, far from it, very far from it. I'm just
pointing out your hypocrisy, stupidity, and unselfconscious buffoonery.
Yes, I could have done what you're repeatedly saying I should have done,
just written a link. I could have said, "Go to this link. Then read
about the 13th medal down." Instead, I copied and pasted the text. Big
whoop. Some might have found that a convenience, saving them the time of
clicking on the link and finding the text. You, in your buffoonery,
criticize it, illogically, stupidly, without any sound basis for the
criticism, just mindless criticism, which is my psychoanalytical opinion
is evidence of profound Dissociative Identity Disorder.

Old May 22nd 10, 07:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
nohope587[_2_]

Jud wrote:
FWIW, I only have 3 RCC tokens and would like to increase my
collection by adding those that I don't have. BTW, is there a website
showing all of the RCC tokens?

Jud -Another interested collector-

Here are the types I am thinking of parting with

http://www.mycoins.us/Tokens/RCC5emberh.jpg
http://www.mycoins.us/Tokens/RCC5embert.jpg
http://www.mycoins.us/Tokens/2003%20...bers%20Obv.JPG
http://www.mycoins.us/Tokens/2003%20...bers%20Rev.JPG
http://www.mycoins.us/Tokens/2004%20...lame%20Obv.JPG
http://www.mycoins.us/Tokens/2004%20...lame%20Rev.JPG
Old May 22nd 10, 11:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.[_3_]

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
snipped

TL;DR

:-)

--
Jeff R.

Old May 23rd 10, 12:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

[...]

I am a hypocrite? Stupid? A selfconscious buffoon? This seems to be
your typical defensive reaction when wounded. Call the one who wounded you
as many names as you can think of. Just like you did in school.

Old May 23rd 10, 12:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
cnntp

? "Reid Goldsborough" ?????? ??? ??????

Gogu's offer is one indication of the value of the first of these, but
only one person's, which is not a "pretty good idea" of its value, and
this was just for the first token whereas the OP indicated he had a bunch
of these, suggesting different ones.

Reid!
I didn't give that price without considering a few things:
1) the average price for the Athena medal was around $50.00-$60.00 back in
the good times (eBay auctions)
2) there is no more a big deal of an interest in rcc coins
3) we are in a financial crisis
Considering all the above I concluded that the price such a medal can comand
today is somewhere around half the price it was sold a few years ago.
Of course I may be wrong but this is how I see things and just my personal
opinion!

rgrds

Old May 23rd 10, 01:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

On 5/22/2010 7:40 PM, cnntp wrote:

1) the average price for the Athena medal was around $50.00-$60.00 back

Do you know/remember what this Athena RCC one ember medal sold for when
it was released in 2002? It was $10, according to one poster back in
2004, though he indicated uncertainty about this.

Interesting that it reached as high as $60 at one point. Didn't know
that. Another poster indicated in 2005 that they were then selling for
about $35.

Old May 23rd 10, 01:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
cnntp

? "Reid Goldsborough" ?????? ??? ??????
On 5/22/2010 7:40 PM, cnntp wrote:

1) the average price for the Athena medal was around $50.00-$60.00 back

Do you know/remember what this Athena RCC one ember medal sold for when it
was released in 2002? It was $10, according to one poster back in 2004,
though he indicated uncertainty about this.

I couldn't say as I was not reading rcc that time:-(
But....I doubt the issue price was just $10.00...
Maybe someone who acquired one token directly from the source could offer
his/her insight.

Interesting that it reached as high as $60 at one point. Didn't know that.
Another poster indicated in 2005 that they were then selling for about
$35.

IIRC one auction ended there around.
I was watching it but when it went over $40.00 I stopped bidding.

rgrds

RCC tokens John[_6_] Coins 18 June 6th 08 06:06 PM
Help me ID these tokens, please Cliff Coins 1 December 4th 06 06:37 PM
tokens thelivinglady Coins 4 May 2nd 06 05:27 AM
FA: Exonumia, Counterstamps, 'Good Fors', Billiards Tokens, Magic Tokens, Military Medals and more Josh Moran Coins 0 February 10th 06 04:59 PM
FA: Communion Tokens, Hawaiian Tokens & Medals SiCordova Coins 0 September 14th 04 09:19 PM