Spanish overprint

Old April 29th 09, 10:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Default Spanish overprint

Malaga is also a province (suburb) of Perth, here.
we have lots of names with Spanish influence.

"Pedro" wrote in message ...
Malaga is a province of Spain. It is interesting to know that it may be a
private overprint as Blair appoints. It read "Malaga saluda al conde ___"
which means "Malaga salutes the count/earl ____". It may be making
reference to a certain count visit to Malaga, perhaps. Interesting!

Pedro

Old April 29th 09, 03:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Apr 29, 1:36*am, "Pedro" wrote:
Malaga is a province of Spain. It is interesting to know that it may be a
private overprint as Blair appoints. It read "Malaga saluda al conde ___"
which means "Malaga salutes the count/earl ____". It may be making reference
to a certain count visit to Malaga, perhaps. Interesting!

Pedro

"rodney" wrote in message

The 4 arrows tied with a sash (LHS of opt)
is the flag of the Spanish Phalanx political party of that era
any help?
I cannot make out any names to Google

what about the top name "malaga" maliga?-??

"Pedro" wrote in message
Hello all,

* *Can somebody give me some information regarding the overprint in this
Spanish stamp? I couldn't find any in the Spanish Edifil stamp catalog,
perhaps someone can locate info about it in Scott.

http://cjoint.com/?eEogdpnTfr

Thanks,
Pedro

Pedro and others:

Count Cianno (1903 - 1944)
http://www.worthpoint.com/wp-content...zzo-ciano1.jpg
(seen at the left) was Benito Mussolini's son-in-law
and the Italian Foreign Affairs minister from 1936 to 1943.
His father was Count and an admiral (WWI war hero).

Here is a photo of Count Cianno visiting Toledo in 1939.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3010/...5b5c141d_o.jpg

Here is a short biography of Count Cianno (in Spanish).
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galeazzo_Ciano

and here in English.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galeazzo_Ciano

Blair

His son Fabrizio Ciano wrote a personal memoir entitled
Quando il nonno fece fucilare papà ("When Grandpa had
Daddy Shot").
Old April 29th 09, 03:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

I once saw a notice of a google earth image of a flying car in Perth,
Australia. I think I have the satellite image somewhere, did you hear
something of that?

Pedro

Old April 30th 09, 12:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Hi Pedro,
No, I know nothing of that
I saw flying cars in the 70's
but nothing of late.
We had a car covered with postage stamps
but that was riveted to the ground via gravity.

Old April 30th 09, 01:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

There are quite a few discussions on Ciano
on the internet, and whether he was a traitor to his country.
It is not in my area or time of interest in history
but he certainly generates some interest.

"Asia-translation" wrote in message
According to Count Ciano's Diaries, he left for Spain on the 9 July,
and was back in Rome on the 19th. The Diaries are blank for the
Spanish visit, but he does record (on the 19th)

'I have set down my impressions of Spain in a notebook. The Duce is
quite satisfied with the report on my Spanish trip.'

Elsewhere, Ciano is not very flattering about Franco. Unfortunately,
as my copy of the Diaries lacks an index, I can't trace the relevant
comments.

Tony of the Antipodes

Old April 30th 09, 08:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

On Apr 30, 10:48 am, "rodney" wrote:
There are quite a few discussions on Ciano
on the internet, and whether he was a traitor to his country.
It is not in my area or time of interest in history
but he certainly generates some interest.

"Asia-translation" wrote in message

According to Count Ciano's Diaries, he left for Spain on the 9 July,
and was back in Rome on the 19th. The Diaries are blank for the
Spanish visit, but he does record (on the 19th)

'I have set down my impressions of Spain in a notebook. The Duce is
quite satisfied with the report on my Spanish trip.'

Elsewhere, Ciano is not very flattering about Franco. Unfortunately,
as my copy of the Diaries lacks an index, I can't trace the relevant
comments.

Tony of the Antipodes

The Ciano Diaries are a fascinating (if I can be forgiven the obscure
pun) read. They gave me an entirely new perspective on the Second
World War - and left me uncertain of what to make of Ciano, too. A
very clear-eyed Fascist, if that isn't a contradiction in terms.

Tony