GOP favorability: Lowest ever

Old June 28th 08, 03:32 AM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
MuttonJeff

Default GOP favorability: Lowest ever

On Jun 27, 8:09*pm, nobody wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:33:59 -0700 (PDT), MuttonJeff

wrote:
On Jun 27, 5:41*am, nobody wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 16:13:48 -0700, "Mike Laight"

wrote:

"MuttonJeff" wrote in message
On Jun 26, 4:31 pm, DeserTBoB wrote:
Just 28% of Americans now have a "favorable" view of the Republican
Party, while 43% view the Democratic Party favorably. Also telling is
the "unfavorable" rating...fully 47% of Americans now view the GOP in
an unfavorable view, while only 32% say the same about the Democrats.
Source: NBC/Wall Street Journal.

America's long national nightmare is over.

Still higher than the 12% the liberal congress has racked up. It's
only gonna get worse.

Yup, keep on ignoring that the favorability polling for republicants in
congress is lower than the favorability of Democrats. *In other words,
people recognize that republicants are the problem with Congress.

Where's the Dem plan to solve high energy prices again?- Hide quoted text -

Raise taxes??

Pretty much. *What's the Dems plan about high gas prices? *Why, they
want to impose a "windfall profit tax" (whatever that's supposed to
mean) on the evil oil companies. *If imposed, who do these idiots
think will actually pay the tax?- Hide quoted text -

UUUUHHH, the "rich"??
Old June 28th 08, 05:52 AM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Mike Laight

"nobody" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:25:09 -0700, "Mike Laight"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"MuttonJeff" wrote in message
On Jun 26, 4:31 pm, DeserTBoB wrote:
Just 28% of Americans now have a "favorable" view of the Republican
Party, while 43% view the Democratic Party favorably. Also telling is
the "unfavorable" rating...fully 47% of Americans now view the GOP in
an unfavorable view, while only 32% say the same about the Democrats.
Source: NBC/Wall Street Journal.

America's long national nightmare is over.

Still higher than the 12% the liberal congress has racked up. It's
only gonna get worse.

Yup, keep on ignoring that the favorability polling for republicants in
congress is lower than the favorability of Democrats. In other words,
people recognize that republicants are the problem with Congress.

Where's the Dem plan to solve high energy prices again?

I know it is not as dynamic as Senator McCain's gas tax holiday and I know
that Senator Obama has kept his opinions the same, instead of Senator
McCain's earlier position about what a bad idea and how long it will take
see any results and the small impact increased domestic drilling would
have
on our economy as he said repeatedly in May and yet last week he reversed
himself on ALL of his prior positions concerning domestic drilling (geez,
Senator McCain did manage to keep to one policy for a whole month!) But
if
you are really interested in Senator Obama's plan then look he
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/energy/.

There is little to nothing there that will lower energy costs. In
fact, things like "cap and trade" will likely increase the costs. The
whole link you cited has little in the way of specifics (other than
they plan to spend a lot of money). I'll ask again: where's the Dem
plan to solve high energy prices again? Talking won't improve things.
One must actually put something specific forth.

Heck, the republicant plan was to jawbone OPEC and the Saudis. How well did
that work? Senator Obama's plan was to stop throwing good money after bad.
Giving oil companies tax breaks and subsidies while they were enjoying
record profits did not do what republicants told us it would do either.
Invading Iraq also opened up a lot of cheap oil to us, did it not?

Senator Obama has repeatedly called for spending those tax breaks and
subsidies on the next generations of energy sources and not on dumping more
money down the oil wells. I understand that you do not like his answers as
they do not provide the quick fix hat no one has to offer. I also suspect
that you do not take into account that our government's borrowing policies
of the last 7 years, international inflation, means that the price of that
gallon of gas that cost ~$1.40 when president Bush took office, should cost
nearly $3.00 in today's devalued dollars. You may be a little young to
remember or understand what it is like but you do not want to see deflation
cause a gallon of gas return to $1.40.

Mike

Old June 28th 08, 04:09 PM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
nobody[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Apparently it did work although it's far too early to measure any
results.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/22/news...n=money_latest

Senator Obama's plan was to stop throwing good money after bad.
Giving oil companies tax breaks and subsidies while they were enjoying
record profits did not do what republicants told us it would do either.

What did Republicans "tell" us that tax breaks and subsides would do?
While you're at it, tell us what percent of a gallon of gas goes to
oil company profits. How does this compare to other products.

Invading Iraq also opened up a lot of cheap oil to us, did it not?

Gotta love libs. Did we "invade" Iraq for "cheap oil prices" or
"higher prices"?

Senator Obama has repeatedly called for spending those tax breaks and
subsidies on the next generations of energy sources and not on dumping more
money down the oil wells.

So, in other words, he has no plans whatsoever to help people who are
losing ground financially *right now* due to the high cost of energy.
All he seems to talk about are things that will happen some day yet we
can't drill in Anwar because it would supposedly take ten yers to get
the oil.

Old June 29th 08, 02:17 AM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Mike Laight

"nobody" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:52:26 -0700, "Mike Laight"
wrote:

(Snip)

Senator Obama has repeatedly called for spending those tax breaks and
subsidies on the next generations of energy sources and not on dumping
more
money down the oil wells.

So, in other words, he has no plans whatsoever to help people who are
losing ground financially *right now* due to the high cost of energy.
All he seems to talk about are things that will happen some day yet we
can't drill in Anwar because it would supposedly take ten yers to get
the oil.

president Bush this last week said that there is no way to lower prices in
gthe short term. Senator McCain said the same in May, 2008. What is
Senator McCainsJune, 2008 plan for what he said couldnot happen one month
ago?

Mike

Old June 29th 08, 03:24 AM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Eat the rich

On Jun 26, 3:15 pm, Jerry Kraus wrote:
On Jun 26, 4:31 pm, DeserTBoB wrote:

Just 28% of Americans now have a "favorable" view of the Republican
Party, while 43% view the Democratic Party favorably. Also telling is
the "unfavorable" rating...fully 47% of Americans now view the GOP in
an unfavorable view, while only 32% say the same about the Democrats.
Source: NBC/Wall Street Journal.

America's long national nightmare is over.

The neocon is on the verge of inevitable extinction. Next year,
you'll only be able to find them in Paraguay.

Unfortunately, the neocons have amongst their members most of the
wealthiest people in America. These wealthy people have over the
years learned how to manipulate the masses into voting against their
own best interest. Remember how union members voted for Reagan?
Remember how many of the poor vote for Republicans? The wealthy will
gain control of the masses one way or another.
Old June 29th 08, 06:50 AM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Governor Swill

This is nobody's brain on drugs:
Mike Laight wrote:
nobody wrote
There is little to nothing there that will lower energy costs. In
fact, things like "cap and trade" will likely increase the costs. The
whole link you cited has little in the way of specifics (other than
they plan to spend a lot of money). I'll ask again: where's the Dem
plan to solve high energy prices again? Talking won't improve things.
One must actually put something specific forth.

Heck, the republicant plan was to jawbone OPEC and the Saudis. How well did
that work?

Apparently it did work although it's far too early to measure any
results.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/22/news...n=money_latest

Compare the price of oil and gasoline today to it's price January 20,
2001.

Senator Obama's plan was to stop throwing good money after bad.
Giving oil companies tax breaks and subsidies while they were enjoying
record profits did not do what republicants told us it would do either.

What did Republicans "tell" us that tax breaks and subsides would do?

Make oil cheaper by making exploration and development less expensive
for them.

While you're at it, tell us what percent of a gallon of gas goes to
oil company profits. How does this compare to other products.

I don't have any problems with their profits or margins, but I do have
a problem with tax breaks and subsidies for a healthy, vibrant and
thriving industry.

Invading Iraq also opened up a lot of cheap oil to us, did it not?

Gotta love libs. Did we "invade" Iraq for "cheap oil prices" or
"higher prices"?

Iraq's oil production should be returning to 2002 levels this year.
That should help negate the shortfall in global production caused by
the invasion.

Senator Obama has repeatedly called for spending those tax breaks and
subsidies on the next generations of energy sources and not on dumping more
money down the oil wells.

So, in other words, he has no plans whatsoever to help people who are
losing ground financially *right now* due to the high cost of energy.
All he seems to talk about are things that will happen some day yet we
can't drill in Anwar because it would supposedly take ten yers to get
the oil.

The Republicans had their chance to do something about our energy
dependence when Reagan was President. Too bad he de funded Carter's
alternate energy support.

Swill
--
Gobama! Gobama! Gobama! Gobama!
Old June 29th 08, 06:51 AM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Governor Swill

This is Eat the rich's brain on drugs:
Unfortunately, the neocons have amongst their members most of the
wealthiest people in America. These wealthy people have over the
years learned how to manipulate the masses into voting against their
own best interest. Remember how union members voted for Reagan?
Remember how many of the poor vote for Republicans? The wealthy will
gain control of the masses one way or another.

Obama's money doesn't come from the rich and powerful.

Swill
--
Gobama! Gobama! Gobama! Gobama!
Old June 29th 08, 01:56 PM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
MuttonJeff

On Jun 27, 11:52*pm, "Mike Laight" wrote:
"nobody" wrote in message

news

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:25:09 -0700, "Mike Laight"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Mike- Hide quoted text -

You stupid ****ing kool-aid drinking idiot. Your Messiah will squander
every dime he collects in taxes. Not a dime will go towards this
"debt" you libs have been crying about. He'll send trillions to Mother
Africa while we pay $8 for a gallon of gas. You people are scary.
Old June 29th 08, 02:00 PM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
MuttonJeff

On Jun 28, 8:17*pm, "Mike Laight" wrote:
"nobody" wrote in message

... On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:52:26 -0700, "Mike Laight"
wrote:

(Snip)

Senator Obama has repeatedly called for spending those tax breaks and
subsidies on the next generations of energy sources and not on dumping
more
money down the oil wells.

So, in other words, he has no plans whatsoever to help people who are
losing ground financially *right now* due to the high cost of energy.
All he seems to talk about are things that will happen some day yet we
can't drill in Anwar because it would supposedly take ten yers to get
the oil.

president Bush this last week said that there is no way to lower prices in
gthe short term. *Senator McCain said the same in May, 2008. *What is
Senator McCainsJune, 2008 plan for what he said couldnot happen one month
ago?

Mike

If Bush announced that the U.S was starting a "Manhattan Project" to
drill for domestic oil, build refineries, build nuclear power plants
and develop clean coal technology the price of oil would drop like a
rock overnight. The world knows we have done it and can do anything if
the american people put their minds to it.
Old June 29th 08, 02:02 PM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
MuttonJeff

On Jun 28, 9:24*pm, Eat the rich wrote:
[...]

Remember how the kool-aid drinkers voted for Gore, Kerry and all the
other wealthy hypocrites?

Your Lowest Mintage US Coin? Sibirskmoneta Coins 17 October 27th 06 04:03 AM
Lowest grade, ever? note.boy Coins 1 January 12th 06 05:04 AM
What's your lowest mintage coin? LM5403 Coins 18 September 13th 05 06:32 AM
Your lowest mintage? Alan & Erin Williams Coins 57 April 8th 04 08:50 AM