Texas Coin Show in Grapevine

Old June 13th 10, 04:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Alan Bruns

Default Texas Coin Show in Grapevine

I went to the show at the Grapevine Convention Center today. (Grapevine
is just at the northwest corner of DFW airport, so it's pretty central to
the DFW area and only about 10 miles from my home.) I got there at about
9:20am, 20 minutes after they opened the place. The main parking lot was
almost completely full already and there were a lot of folks headed in
when I arrived. There may have been an empty table or two in the place,
but it seemed to have about as many dealers as there was room for. There
was, as usual for this show, a lot of customer traffic and even early in
the day there were a lot of deep conversations going on as I passed
through the aisles.

I always find several items at this 4-times-a-year show that I'd like to
add to my collection, but I usually limit myself to just one or two,
trying to get the nicest coin I can afford. Today I filled one hole in
the Dansco album and considered it a mission accomplished.

I noticed that one guy had standard uncirc 2010 SAEs labeled for $38
each, and thought that was pretty high. I haven't looked at those on
eBay for a while. Guess if I want to own a 2010 I'd best pay more
attention.

There are always a lot of nice people at this show, and I don't think I
ever come away without buying something. And always a lot of cool things
to look at.

They're still open tomorrow (Sunday)...

-Alan
Old June 13th 10, 03:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Jun 12, 9:30*pm, Alan Bruns wrote:
[...]

Just wait a while on those 2010 SAEs. $38. is simply too much, you
should put that fellow on your list of "wanna-be gougers".

oly