Specializing with the Classic stamps

Old May 5th 09, 06:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
tim

Default Specializing with the Classic stamps

Hello! I collect Classic worldwide as shown in the Scott Classic
catalog. During my collecting, I've been pulled in big time with the
airmail stamps from that era and have given the lions share of my
attention. My question for those out there is whether I should place
my airmails in the Scott Browns or New Ideal albums or place them in
an album for airmails, like the Scott International Airpost album like
I see on ebay from time to time.
Old May 5th 09, 08:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On May 5, 1:52*pm, tim wrote:
Hello! I collect Classic worldwide as shown in the Scott Classic
catalog. During my collecting, I've been pulled in big time with the
airmail stamps from that era and have given the lions share of my
attention. My question for those out there is whether I should place
my airmails in the Scott Browns or New Ideal albums or place them in
an album for airmails, like the Scott International Airpost album like
I see on ebay from time to time.

How many do you expect to get in all?

If a few... I would put them with the others.
If many , I would give them their own album.
You have full freedom to collect by your own tastes.

Blair
Old May 5th 09, 09:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
tim

On May 5, 3:09*pm, Blair wrote:
On May 5, 1:52*pm, tim wrote:

Hello! I collect Classic worldwide as shown in the Scott Classic
catalog. During my collecting, I've been pulled in big time with the
airmail stamps from that era and have given the lions share of my
attention. My question for those out there is whether I should place
my airmails in the Scott Browns or New Ideal albums or place them in
an album for airmails, like the Scott International Airpost album like
I see on ebay from time to time.

How many do you expect to get in all?

If a few... I would put them with the others.
If many , *I would give them their own album.
You have full freedom to collect by your own tastes.

Blair

That is sort of what I was thinking as I collect more airmail, the
stamps will seem to get lost in between the pages of the albums.
Thanks!
Old May 6th 09, 10:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Hi Tim,

Have you considered making your own pages, or even using quadrill
pages? In the classic catalog there may be varieties listed that are
not in the standard Scott catalog. I believe that most printed albums
will not have a space for these items so you would have to use blank
or quadrille pages anyways. An advantage is that you could always re-
mount the stamps on a page if a new variety is obtained. Also you
would not have all the 'empty' pages that you might have in a printed
album or album pages.

Jerry B

Portugal classic stamps Jacques GALHARAGUE General Discussion 0 August 2nd 08 04:53 PM
Specializing TL General Discussion 7 November 15th 06 03:56 PM
SPecializing in oddball CHICAO CUBS ITEMS Santo L Baseball 0 July 4th 05 01:31 PM
Dealers Specializing in Family Histories William M. Klimon Books 1 October 5th 03 11:42 PM
Classic USA and UK stamps for sale StampMan General 0 August 17th 03 12:22 PM