gems for collections and jewelry

Old February 6th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.collecting
Gems Nest

Default gems for collections and jewelry

GEMS NEST
GEMSTONE  LIST  FEBRUARY  2008~Quality Gems for Collectors and Jewelry Makers~
~ Cutting Rough and Mineral Specimens ~

Hello collectors and jewelry makers. We supply unusual and unique accent stones and center stones that are well made from good material. We also supply standard gemstones and good cutting rough. Gems Nest.

FACETED GEMS

Canadian Grossular Garnet, a nice bright and sparkly yellow-orange rare grossular garnet, very slight small inclusion-typical for this Canadian deposit, a standard faceted oval, size-10 x 7mm x 5mm-table to culet, weight-2.5cts, price-$15/ct, Total-$37

Arizona Chrome-Pyrope Garnet, "cherry red" or "Ant Hill" red-red garnet, this rare material is the bright chrome-type garnet, all the stones match in color and cut and are eye-clean, this is a lot of 12 matching pieces in full-cut straight baguette, 12 piece total weight-4.4cts, price-$15/ct, Total-$66 (12 piece lot).

Arizona Chrome-Pyrope Garnet, "Ant Hill" cherry red rare garnet in calibrated round with matching color, these are bright and sparkly full cut, eye-clean "Ant Hill" garnets, this lot of 50 piece has equal amounts of 3mm and 4mm stones, 50 pieces total. weight-11.35cts, price-$10/ct, Total-$113.50 (50 stone lot). Nice smaller 3.75ct parcels are at $12/ct Total-$45 (approx.16 stones per smaller parcels)

Arizona Peridot, bright lime green color in a full-cut teardrop shape, size-9 x 6mm x 4.5mm, weight-1.75cts, price-$13/ct, Total-$22.75

Brazilian Rose Quartz, nice, clean and bright Brazilian material faceted in a wide marquise shape, size-19x14mm x 8.2mm-table to culet, weight-11.6cts, price-$3/ct, Total-$34.80

Hessonite Garnet (Baja Mexico bay-side mines), a nice golden orange garnet, 2 pieces total : 1 piece 5mm round is .50ct, and 1 piece 5x4mm oval is .45ct, total weight of both same color eye-clean bright stones is .95ct, price-$20/ct, Total-$19

Umba Pink Garnet (East Africa), each of these matching cut and color matched stones is bright and eye-clean to near loupe-clean with a very nice magenta-pink color with the same emerald-cut that show the same face, size-each is 5x4mm, weight-each stone is 0.51ct, price-$30/ct, Total-$33 (a super matched pair)

Sri Lankan Spinel, a nice rich purple Spinel, sparky bright eye-clean and near loupe clean, size-9.2 x 7.5mm x 4.5mm-table to culet, weight-2.45cts, price-$33/ct, Total-$80.85

Sri Lankan Spinel, sapphire-blue, a nice precision-cut GEM Spinel in an antique cushion-cut square, bright eye-clean and near loupe clean, size-9.5mm-side to side x 4.6mm-table to culet, weight-3.35cts, price-$52/ct, Total-$174.20

Large Brazilian Sphene in the classic Bronze color, this large for Sphene stone has the extreme fire that it's known for and is very well made in a long rectangular emerald-cut, this sizeable and nice clarity Sphene when seen at Retail should be around $125/ct to $150/ct, size-14 x 9mm x 5mm table to culet, weight-7.5cts, price-$33/ct, Total-$247.50

CABOCHONS

Pink Garnet. a nice lowdomed cab is in a custom cut shield shape with a nice cut and polish, size-6mm wide x 5mm high x 2.5mm-face to base, weight-.9ct, price-$10/ct, Total-$9

"Ant Hill" chrome pyrope Garnet, bright cherry red garnet. a super set of 11 matching color and shaped 4mm round clean cabs, the 11 piece matching lot has a total weight-3.99cts, the whole lot price-$12/ct, Total-$47.88 (11 matching pieces)

Sri Lankan Star Sapphire, a very nice pastel baby blue stone with a nice pinkish star in a well-made oval, this stone has a nice flat back, the star is perfectly centered and all the rays are strong and of equal length, size-7 x 6mm x 2.6mm tall, weight-1.15cts, price-$75/ct, Total-$86.25

Patagonian "Condor" Agate (Patagonia, Argentina), nicely made calibrated round cabochons with the "Condor" agate patterns and colors in orange-yellow-brown-black, this parcel has 14 pieces of nice transluscent clean unfractured stones with nice backs and domes, size-2pc.-12mm, 5pc.-10mm, 5pc.-8mm, 2pc.-6mm, total weight-41.5cts, the whole lot price-$1/ct, Total-$41.50 (14 nice cabs)

Sagenite in Agate (Patagonia, Argentina), a beautifully made nice "window" cabochon with nicely dispersed-in-a-row mlk-chocolate-brown sagenite sprays in clear gold agate silica, a very nice example of this rare fine agate with sagenite sprays, size-19mm round x 3mm tall, weight-7cts, price-$30

OPALS We've specialized in cutting quality rough opals and selling solid opals for 30 years. We only offer opals that we know come from opal fields that only produce stable-stones that do not craze over time. All our opals have bright colors and are cut and polished very well with even, smooth, symmetric surfaces. We stand behind all our stones, especially our Australian Opals.

Australian, Lightning Ridge Grey Base Opal, a nice crystal opal having a single very large irridescent "Kingfisher-Blue" patch of fire across the whole face of the stone that shows in all directions, this stone is cut in the standard low-dome style used by Australian opal cutters who cut Lightning Ridge stones, this is a large round opal cab, size-21.5mm diameter x 5mm tall, weight-15.8cts, price-$25/ct, Total-$385

Australian, Lightning Ridge Black Opal, this opal is a solid black clear crystal opal having small patches of emerald-green and sapphire-blue fire throughout the stone showing front, sides and back, a nice oval shaped stone, size-13 x 10mm x 2.5mm tall, weight-1.9cts, price-$22/ct, Total-$41.80

Australian, Mintabie water-clear crystal opal, this nice opal shows large 5mm to 8mm patches of blue and green colors within a water-clear base color, the colors are all throughout the stone and shows well in all directions, a low-dome stone cut in a long oval shape, size-25 x 13.5mm x 5mm tall, weight-6.9cts, price-$22/ct, Total-$151.80

Australian, Mintabie blue-green crystal Opal, the fire-color in this stone is a blue-green that swirls throughout this stone with the fire showing front, sides and back in a nice oval shape, size-13 x 9.5mm x 4mm tall, weight-2.85cts, price-$42/ct, Total-$119.70

UNUSUAL FACETED STONES

These faceted stones are like faceted gem beads only cut in gemstone shapes with standard faceting patterns, only cut with a lower crown angle and with a shallower pavilion closer to the girdle giving a shallow depth from table to pavilion.

These stones are meant to set low without protruding inside of a mounting from excess pavilion buk.

Some of these stones are like tinted windows when cut from highly transluscent blue, purple or green chalcedony and from clear agate silicas showing special patterns, plumes or needles etc.. Also you will find fine colored opaque stones like gemmy blue lapis and turquoise that give some sparkle.

All are well made from un-fractured, solid, quality and rare material.

"Carey Ranch" Plume Agate (Snake River Basin), a rare collector's material of clear agate with small black & red-tipped plumes evenly spaced all throughout, size-20mm round x 5mm deep from table to culet, weight-13.8cts, price-$75

"Carey Ranch" Plume Agate (Snake River Basin), a rare collector's material of a clear agate with cinnamon colored 2mm plumes evenly spaced all throughout in a teardrop shape, size-18x13mm x 4mm deep from table to culet, weight-7.45cts, price-$45

Dark Chocolate brown agatized Dino Bone, a flat back stone in an emerald-cut, size-21.5 x 16mm x 4mm tall table to culet, weight-15cts, price-$11

Afghan Lapis, nice gemmy blue lapis faceted in an Antique cushion rectangle, a large solid stone for lapis with no fractures, all nice blue material with slight pyrite, size-26.5 x 12mm and 7mm table to culet, weight-25+cts, price-$2.50/ct, Total-$62

Blue Chalcedony, nice blue highly transluscent chalcedony faceted into a nice calibrated oval, size-9 x7mm x 5mm from table to culet, weight-1.7cts, price-$5/ct, Total-$8

Afghan Lapis, gemmy Royal blue solid lapis faceted in freesize oval, size-16.5 x 8.7mm x 3mm table to culet, weight-3.5cts, price-$8/ct, Total-$28

Afghan Lapis, gemmy Royal blue solid lapis faceted in freesize oval, size-12.5 x 9mm x 4mm table to culet, weight-3.3cts, price-$8/ct, Total-$26.40

Afghan Lapis, gemmy Royal blue solid lapis faceted in freesize oval, size-11.8 x 8.9mm x 4mm table to culet, weight-3cts, price-$8/ct, Total-$24

"Holley Blue" lavender-purple silica, clear highly transluscent material with nice pavilion reflection, a very nicely faceted, full-cut, calibrated wide oval, size-9 x 7mm x 4.5mm table to culet, weight-1.75cts, price-$15/ct, Total-$26.25

"Holley Blue" lavender-purple silica, clear highly transluscent material with nice pavilion reflection, a very nicely faceted, freesize marquise shape, size-10.8 x 7.4mm x 3.5mm table to culet, weight-1.7cts, price-$15/ct, Total-$25.50

CUTTING ROUGH

Purple Chalcedony (Nevada). This is a lot of 11 pieces of sawn or ground clean blocky rich purple rough ready for cabbing, 5 pieces are from 4+cts to 6.5cts, 3 pieces are from 11.5cts to 13.25cts, 3 pieces are from 17.9cts to 18.7cts, each will make a super purple chalcedony cabochon, a realistic recovery of the finished cabs is near 75cts, total weight-23.55grams-(117.8cts), price-$5/gram, Total-$117.80 (11 clean pieces)

Copper Shiller Sunstone (Oregon), this is a lot of 9 pieces of ground clean preformed shiller sunstone ready for cabbing or faceting that will make very nice, clean, copper-colored shiller stones, these oval preforms are from 2.35cts to 6.5cts, a realistic recovery of all the finished cabs should be 15cts & each from 1.7cts to 5cts, total weight-6.69grams-(33.45cts), price-$10/gram, Total-$66 (9 clean pieces)

LAPPED INLAY FLATS

Lightning Ridge Opal Inlay Flats, water-clear crystal opal with flash, all pieces have been flat-lapped on the back and face for easy inlay installing, most range in size from 4x5mm to 3x10mm and many other various sizes in between, the only thing left to do with these bright pieces is to make the shape and set in the channel with black epoxy, all are from 2 to 3+mm thick and all have intense patches of color in sapphire-blue or emerald-green (many matching pieces are available, please specify color preferance if necessary), pieces of these lapped flats range from 1/2ct to 2+cts with other larger pieces available, price-$8/ct

Gemstone Qualities: We purchase our gemstones for jewelry and for collections. We sort our gems for their external characteristics of quality of cut and eye appeal and for their internal characteristics of brightness and color. Good commercial quality stones are also offered at reduced prices compared to the finer stones we put here on our special Gems Nest List. We will notate our good commercial stones.

100% Satisfaction Guarantee: We offer quality stones at good prices. If for any reason an item does not meet your requirements we will promptly return your funds or exchange for any other items you prefer, no questions asked. As well, all our list subscribers and customers are kept private and confidential with us.

Please Note: All our gems are hand picked for good quality and are as described. Some of our gems we keep in good supply and many of our items are of limited supply or one-of-a-kind and we will make efforts to note availability with all of our items.

FREE SHIPPING WITH ORDERS OF $25 & UP. For orders under $25 please add $2 to your order OR add $2 in U.S. postage stamps with your order.

For Domestic U.S.P.S. 3-Day Express Shipping add $3.85 to your order.

Immediate shipping on orders paid by U.S.Postal Money Orders and Cleared Checks.

To get our e-mail list of jewelry & collector gemstones, gem cutting rough & quality inlay material, OR if you have a question you can E-MAIL US at GEMS NEST (Please REPLACE the "[at]" with "@") in our e-mail address here-- gemsnest[at]webtv.net