1972 DDO Lincoln

Old June 26th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default 1972 DDO Lincoln

Some may recall that I received a 1972 DDO Lincoln in change a while back.
Well, I just got it back from ANACS and it is in an old holder. MS60
details, cleaned. Not bad for a 'found in change' coin. I'm happy.

Old June 26th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Brian Blackwell", with much jubilation and exuberance, cried aloud:
Some may recall that I received a 1972 DDO Lincoln in change a while back.
Well, I just got it back from ANACS and it is in an old holder. MS60
details, cleaned. Not bad for a 'found in change' coin. I'm happy.

Way to go, Brian! Not bad at all!

Amistad
'keeping my eyes peeled for such a find!'

Old June 26th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"e" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
"Brian Blackwell" wrote:

Some may recall that I received a 1972 DDO Lincoln in change a while back.
Well, I just got it back from ANACS and it is in an old holder. MS60
details, cleaned. Not bad for a 'found in change' coin. I'm happy.

very nice. a keeper?

No, I don't collect Lincolns. It's off to eBay.

Old June 26th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Brian Blackwell" wrote in message
Some may recall that I received a 1972 DDO Lincoln in change a while back.
Well, I just got it back from ANACS and it is in an old holder. MS60
details, cleaned. Not bad for a 'found in change' coin. I'm happy.

Yeah that new ANACS holder is not as good looking as the older one I think.
Where's that picture at? Let's see it again. That's A#1 find right there.
You have any idea how hard that is to find one of those? You are one lucky
dog ;-)

Old June 27th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"bri" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Brian Blackwell" wrote in message
Some may recall that I received a 1972 DDO Lincoln in change a while
back.
Well, I just got it back from ANACS and it is in an old holder. MS60
details, cleaned. Not bad for a 'found in change' coin. I'm happy.

Yeah that new ANACS holder is not as good looking as the older one I
think.
Where's that picture at? Let's see it again. That's A#1 find right there.
You have any idea how hard that is to find one of those? You are one lucky
dog ;-)

The coin

http://members.aol.com/xuds/1972_ddo.jpg

The slab

http://members.aol.com/xuds/1972_ddo_3.jpg

Old June 27th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Brian Blackwell" wrote in message

"bri" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Brian Blackwell" wrote in message
Some may recall that I received a 1972 DDO Lincoln in change a while
back.
Well, I just got it back from ANACS and it is in an old holder. MS60
details, cleaned. Not bad for a 'found in change' coin. I'm happy.

Yeah that new ANACS holder is not as good looking as the older one I
think.
Where's that picture at? Let's see it again. That's A#1 find right

there.
You have any idea how hard that is to find one of those? You are one

lucky
dog ;-)

The coin

http://members.aol.com/xuds/1972_ddo.jpg

Yep there it is--on his jacket--could very well be signs of being slightly
cleaned on that one area.
Real tough call--I'd say it's more AU58 straight-up rather than MS60
cleaned. That could be seen as being some rub on his jacket.

Old June 27th 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

bri" wrote in message
news
Yep there it is--on his jacket--could very well be signs of being slightly
cleaned on that one area.
Real tough call--I'd say it's more AU58 straight-up rather than MS60
cleaned. That could be seen as being some rub on his jacket.

I would have to agree with you. Still, AU or Unc, I am extremely envious of
Mr. B's find. Not so much that I want a 1972 DDO, but that I want to find a
DD lincoln in change. I may put in a bid when it goes up on ebay just so
that I can say I have a 1972 DDO that was found in change. I don't have to
straightaway mention that _I_ didn't find it in change...

IF

Old July 3rd 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Alan Williams

Brian Blackwell wrote:

"e" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
"Brian Blackwell" wrote:

Some may recall that I received a 1972 DDO Lincoln in change a while back.
Well, I just got it back from ANACS and it is in an old holder. MS60
details, cleaned. Not bad for a 'found in change' coin. I'm happy.

very nice. a keeper?

No, I don't collect Lincolns. It's off to eBay.

Belayed congrats on the find! I scored a 1972DDO from circulation
earlier this year, but its no MS-60!

Alan
'loves his VF just the same'