Making of RCA's "Living Stereo"

Old January 7th 06, 04:49 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Default Making of RCA's "Living Stereo"

http://www.archive.org/details/LivingSt1958

This site has tons of cool films, all public domain and downloadable.
Here's another on pressing 78s:

http://www.archive.org/details/CommandP1942

Old January 7th 06, 02:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

78's are really cool. Too bad they take up so much space and require
extensive attention to organize and label, so you can find what you
want to play. To really enjoy 78's one needs a listening/storage area
that would have to be around 500 square feet alone. They are really
fragile and if left laying around in your living quarters, will
eventually get broken. That's why if someone makes the right bid or
offer, I sell mine- I simply don't have the time and patience to handle
the logistics of a 78 hobby- someday I'll regret selling them but oh
well- that's life- I do get to sample them before they go- and the
sound is downright heartwarming- it will have you nodding in disbelief
at the fidelity. Soundwise- the electrically recorded 78 is superior
to anything that came after.

Old January 7th 06, 04:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On 6 Jan 2006 20:49:06 -0800, wrote:

http://www.archive.org/details/LivingSt1958

This site has tons of cool films, all public domain and downloadable. snip

Cool! I remember this promo film in 16mm! RCA indeed was at the top
of the heap back in '58, which is why all the "shaded dog" RCA LPs are
collectable today. It wouldn't last long, though...once they went to
"Dynagroove" in '64, it'd be all over for RCA's quality.