Identification of an old banknote from Lebanon (1944)

Old August 30th 03, 02:08 AM
michael @ worldwidecoins

Default Identification of an old banknote from Lebanon (1944)

"Andre" wrote in message
om...
Hallo,

I have an old banknote from Lebanon in my collection. It seems that
this is not so common. It could be Pick-38 but I am not sure.

The value is 5 piaster and the date is 15.02.1944.

Can anybody help me with the identification? Can anybody give
additional information (is this the 1st banknote of the free
Lebanon?)?

Here are the scans from both sides (the paper is relatively
discolored):

http://de.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...+1.jpg&.view=t

http://de.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...de.jpg&.view=t

Thank you in advance for your help

Andre yasxcd

you have pick 38

1st issue would be p34 15.7.1942 this is the 1st issue of Free Lebanon

not rare worth about $2 to $5 USD in that grade

yours

--
michael @ www.worldwidecoins.co.uk
main site www.numismatic.biz

Old August 30th 03, 01:24 PM
Andre

Thanks again,

I have found that the link to the banknote list of the site
http://www.worldwidecoins.co.uk donīt work. There is an "a" missing in
the page name.

Perhaps you want to correct this for others(I have seen your offers of
banknotes)

Best regards

Andre yasxcd