Dollar coins from the bank this week.

Old August 17th 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Fred Shecter

Default Dollar coins from the bank this week.

An opportunity to test out the new Earthlink news server. (They outsourced,
changed servers and told zero customers. It tool a couple of chats with
useless support - I forgot to ask how the monsoons were - and finally a
review of blogs that actually helped me find the correct news server and the
procedure for resetting the groups).

The bank had my normal weekly 2 boxes of dollar coins and they were all
George Washington $ in the mint wrappers/boxes. My twos were circulated.
Other banks got Jefferson dollar coins and limited customers to between 5
coins and 10 rolls. The banks that let you have a lot of rolls understand
that they can just order another box or 2 for next week's delivery. The
bansk that strictly limit coins or rolls do not understand that they can
order them and they just sit back and wait for their cash vault to send them
without warning or ordering. The banker's equivalent of "laying there like a
lox".

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply

Join the Revolution:
http://www.sirius.com

Old August 17th 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 19:09:16 -0700, "Fred Shecter"
wrote:

An opportunity to test out the new Earthlink news server. (They outsourced,
changed servers and told zero customers. It tool a couple of chats with
useless support - I forgot to ask how the monsoons were - and finally a
review of blogs that actually helped me find the correct news server and the
procedure for resetting the groups).

Though it's free to me, I gave up on Earthlink as a news server quite
a while ago. If you run into further problems, check out
http://news.individual.net/ The cost is 10 euros annually (prox
$13.50), but they are extremely reliable and very fast. I forget how
I paid, but it was a US credit card payment through ClickandBuy.
Painless.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
Old August 18th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
MJKolodziej

"Fred Shecter" wrote in message
[...]

Would you be so kind as to let me know the new server? I can only post/read
from work now.
TIA
mk

Old August 22nd 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Fred Shecter

nntp.earthlink.net
is the new server.

Once you set that you will also have to reset the list. If using Outlook Express you will
find the reset hidden. Look in the folder pane on the upper left corner of the screen.
Right-mouse-click on the news server and you will get a pull-down menu that contains the
"reset list" option. Select that and it should come back to life.

If not, you might have to something annoying like reset your IP address. The useless
support folks at Earthlink had me do that first and it solved nothing. I found out about
resetting the list from a blog (I did a little googling...)

-Fred Shecter

http://www.sirius.com/