Paid some small business with a $1 coin

Old June 27th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default Paid some small business with a $1 coin

Was in Plainwell MI over the weekend and there were a few lasses
selling lemonade but no customers. Walked down there and bought a
large cup of overrated 'aide for $1. Tossed the new $1 coin on the
table and expected a "what is this" but got a low "wow" from one of
them. Nice to know at least some of the younger generation knows
what the mint is producing. Either that or they thought I paid with
a gold piece LOL.

Old June 27th 07, 11:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
rono

Great going! I live near Lansing and my credit union has had them
fairly regularly. I always get a few and spend them around town.
Prior to the new dollars (and still), the post office has a stamp
machine that returns either Susi's or Sacs if your change is over a
dollar. This has made it easy to regularly spend dollars around town.

peace,

rono

Old June 27th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Fred Shecter

I have found that a vast majority of younger Americans are delighted with the Golden
Dollars.

The only negative or grumbling/muttering I ever hear these days is from older, mostly
female cashiers. Why? You tell me as I can only speculate. And by the way, since the
Prexibux came out, the middle aged-to-older female cashiers are much more dollar coin
friendly. For instance, I often spend them by the roll and they say something like "Cool,
several customers have been asking for these!".

Now, if the bookkeepers would just order them and stock the cash registers with them .....

-Fred Shecter

http://www.sirius.com/

oups.com...