First Check for $500,000 Takes This Unique Ancient Coin!

Old May 14th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default First Check for $500,000 Takes This Unique Ancient Coin!

"Jud" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need some help in the exchange rate between Quatloos and Latinum.
Anybody?

One Quatloo was equal to four Latinums, but only during that brief period
when both denominations bore the date as expressed in the Julian calendar.
At all other times the exchange rate varied according to the whim of the
Dictator on any given day. Thus you will occasionally encounter Latinums
made on 34mm gold planchets, while the contemporary Quatloo would be on a
lowly 19mm copper-washed zinc flan. Since all records were lost in a
massive fire in Prague in 488 CE, eBay sellers of these items may include
any kind of fantastic story they might conjure up, and with impunity.

Mr. Jaggers

Old May 14th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Sun, 14 May 2006 14:54:11 -0400, Cliff wrote:

The coin really has more of the look of a late die state of the
zorkmid. I've handled a few zorkmids in my time and they do lool
surprising like this one but this one has been worked on and possibly
drilled to try to get the liquid center out.

I'm sorry, Cliff, but is a zorkmid not a triangular rubber coin several
parsecs on each size? I'd be surprised if you had one, let alone
several. Or was that the Ningi?

Old May 14th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On 14 May 2006 10:47:19 -0700, Yo Momma's Boyfriend wrote:
This appears to be an authentic coin, approximately 950BC.

Well, sure, you can tell because it's dated 950 BC. Duh.

Old May 15th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

B.J. Herbison wrote:

Ian wrote:

Let's face it, copper coinage from planet Zog isn't exactly a high
demand item here on planet Earth. Besides (and I have this on good
authority) the Zoggy coin catalogues cost a bl**dy fortune in postage.

It's a waste of time getting the catalogs. You get the catalog, get all
excited, send in an order, and ten years later you get a reply "Sorry,
we sold all of those coins, but here is out latest catalog".

Happens every time. It's incredibly annoying.

B.J.

Lol. Never a truer word spoken in jest........ :-)

Old May 15th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Jud wrote:

I need some help in the exchange rate between Quatloos and Latinum.
Anybody?

Does a quatloos have a decent exchange rate against a moosloos? I'm sure
that i've got a moosloos about the hoos. I know a few people who have a
screwloos. I;'ve even been accused of having one myself, but i don;t
know where it could be.

Old May 15th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On 14 May 2006 22:36:22 GMT, Dave Hinz did
carve unto the very living rock upon which we now stand:

On Sun, 14 May 2006 14:54:11 -0400, Cliff wrote:

The coin really has more of the look of a late die state of the
zorkmid. I've handled a few zorkmids in my time and they do lool
surprising like this one but this one has been worked on and possibly
drilled to try to get the liquid center out.

I'm sorry, Cliff, but is a zorkmid not a triangular rubber coin several
parsecs on each size? I'd be surprised if you had one, let alone
several. Or was that the Ningi?

I tried to get a Ningy the other day but the banks don't like to deal
with "fiddling small change"

Steve
Buy the book before the coin
don't forget to *READ* the book after you've bought it!
It doesn't do anything just sitting on the shelf

(remove ATTITUDE to reply via e-mail)

It's more than you think:
http://www.premierpersonalization.com
Old May 15th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Ian" wrote in message
k...

Jud wrote:

I need some help in the exchange rate between Quatloos and Latinum.
Anybody?

Does a quatloos have a decent exchange rate against a moosloos? I'm sure
that i've got a moosloos about the hoos. I know a few people who have a
screwloos. I;'ve even been accused of having one myself, but i don;t
know where it could be.

I used to have several marble screwloos'. But I've misplaced them
somewhere....
BE

Old May 15th 06, 11:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Cliff" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 May 2006 11:36:05 -0500, "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
egroups.com...
"Ancient Astronaut Coin, 3000 to 6000 years old"

"I have a coin that is what I believe to be from 3 to 6 thousand years
old it seems to be a coin made from a cave drawing I have had it for a
while in my private collection and am willing to put it to the test to
prove it authentisity for disbelievers it is real and probably the only
one in existence"

Yes, here is a coin that will rewrite numismatic history, not to say
ancient history in general, provided that its "authentisity" can be
proven. Who knew that coinage was invented in 4,000 BC, when men still
lived in caves (as this seller apparently believes)? Or maybe only
1,000 BC?? This will surely embarrass those of us that thought that
the first Western coins were made in the 7th century B.C.

Actually, it is difficult to be sure exactly what this item is, as all
three images are of the same side. A Mexican hacienda token? Native
states India? A European charity token? The poor condition doesn't
help, and the orientation is anybody's guess. If anyone knows for
sure, please enlighten us.

Bob Leonard

It's a hern from Mars. So, this Martian goes into a store and asks,
"Anybody got change for a hern?" (apologies to the late, great Red
Skelton)

Mr. Jaggers

The coin really has more of the look of a late die state of the
zorkmid. I've handled a few zorkmids in my time and they do lool
surprising like this one but this one has been worked on and possibly
drilled to try to get the liquid center out.
Cliff

Possibly so. Since there are two and a third zorkmids to a hern and a
fifth, and there being no way to determine the actual size of this piece,
it could be any one of a number of issues from the reign of Zod VII. In
addition, rumor has it that these coins circulated very briefly on the
Planet Houston. I recommend both qualitative and quantitative analysis to
be absolutely sure.

Mr. Jaggers

Elvis regularly visits me by UFO so the next time he's here I'll get him to
take a look. Billy

Old May 17th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On 14 May 2006 08:41:09 -0700, "Bob" wrote:

[...]

All kidding aside, I see a suggestion of a Chinese Dragon there.
Aram.