2008 American Silver Eagle Proofs Sold Out!

Old August 13th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

Default 2008 American Silver Eagle Proofs Sold Out!

Whoa...

https://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wc...egory_rn=10120

Old August 13th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Voltronicus

On Aug 13, 11:42*am, "PC" wrote:
Whoa...

https://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wc...oductDisplay?c...

What it says is "Product is not available. " which may or may not mean
it is permanently "sold out" but more likely means temporarily out of
stock.
Old August 14th 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

Does anyone know if the ASE has been ended so early in the year before?
Old August 14th 08, 06:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

On Aug 13, 9:14�pm, "PC" wrote:

Does anyone know if the ASE has been ended so early in the year before?

Your use of the word "ended" is a case of wishful thinking.

The first week in June the Mint issued a memorandum to their silver
Eagle vendors which stated that during the first 6 months of this year
they sold more silver Ealges than all of last year (10.07 million vs.
9.03 million).

They also stated that the number of silver blanks their suppliers
would be sending them would be significantly reduced. The suppliers
would try to incrementally increase the supply in coming weeks.

The Mint said that they would make every effort to increase the supply
of silver blanks to meet the demand for ASEs.

They also said that all incoming inventory would be used for ASE
bullion coins and NOT for numismatic versions (proof silver Eagles)
until the supply shortage has been solved.

It is highly unlikely that production of the proofs has been "ended"
as they are usually in demand at Christmas time.

Old August 15th 08, 01:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"PC" wrote in message
. ..
Does anyone know if the ASE has been ended so early in the year before?

"Nope have not"

"Oh yeah there was 1994 where that happened"

Bueller?

Old August 15th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

On Aug 15, 8:30�am, "PC" wrote:
"PC" wrote in message

. ..

Does anyone know if the ASE has been ended so early in the year before?

"Nope have not"

"Oh yeah there was 1994 where that happened"

Bueller?

Did you see my response or do you have me killfiled again?

You can miss out on a lot of useful information when you killfile
someone smarter than you are ;-)

Old August 15th 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"Bill Krummel" wrote in message

Did you see my response or do you have me killfiled again?

To my knowledge I do not have you in nor have I ever put you in, a killfile,
Bill. I saw this post, obviously.

Maybe some weirdness happened with my ISP's news server. RCC has seemed
really slow lately.

You can miss out on a lot of useful information when you killfile
someone smarter than you are ;-)

Don't worry. Only complete morons like Phil DeMayo make it in my killfile.

Old August 15th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

On Aug 13, 9:14�pm, "PC" wrote:

Does anyone know if the ASE has been ended so early in the year before?

Your use of the word "ended" is a case of wishful thinking.

As usual, you are completely wrong. I want to make sure I have enough to
pass out at Christmas. Please stop your baseless speculation.

*irrelevant stuff deleted*

For those who actually know what they are talking about:

When the US Mint is still offering a product the message states "Product
will be available..." Sometime a date is specified, that date passes, and
the message becomes "Product is not available".

Once it says "Product is not available" it is never available again from the
US Mint.

I hope this is the lone exception. It would therefore be fitting should
Phil DeMayo actually be right about something.

It is highly unlikely that production of the proofs has been "ended"
as they are usually in demand at Christmas time.

Now you have really exposed yourself. There have been multiple times when
production ended before December even started. You can't order one from the
US Mint when it says "Product not available" in October or Novermber. I
apologize for introducing relevant facts. I know that must be difficult for
you.

Old August 15th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Aug 15, 5:04�pm, "PC" wrote:
"Bill Krummel" wrote in message

Did you see my response or do you have me killfiled again?

To my knowledge I do not have you in nor have I ever put you in, a killfile,
Bill. � I saw this post, obviously.

Maybe some weirdness happened with my ISP's news server. �RCC has seemed
really slow lately.

You can miss out on a lot of useful information when you killfile
someone smarter than you are ;-)

Don't worry. �Only complete morons like Phil DeMayo make it in my killfile.

It's painfully obvious who the real moron is here....Bill was just
quoting my most recent response so you would be forced to see it.

If you had seen my original response you might not be running around
claiming these things are "sold out".