MS69 Silver Eagles sold on Home Shopping Network

Old March 8th 05, 01:27 PM
Jonathan_ATC

Default MS69 Silver Eagles sold on Home Shopping Network

Pardon me if this has been asked before. I Googled it and did not find any
results. I am new to the group and Googling.

Last night they were selling 20 Silver Eagles, MS69, 1986-2005 on HSN for
$875.

Is this a fair price?

Thanks for any replies.

--
Jonathan

Old March 8th 05, 02:58 PM
Jerry Dennis

Jonathan_ATC wrote:
Pardon me if this has been asked before. I Googled it and did not

find any
results. I am new to the group and Googling.

Last night they were selling 20 Silver Eagles, MS69, 1986-2005 on HSN

for
$875.

Is this a fair price?

Thanks for any replies.

--
Jonathan

Welcome to RCC, Jonathan. We've discussed buying coins on television
shopping channels to death around here. All of us agree you can do
better on the prices elsewhere.

As for an NGC MS-69 set of SAEs, $875 is high. If you do a completed
auctions search on ebay, you'll find they're at least $200 cheaper
there. If you have the patience to build a set yourself, piecemeal,
you could probably beat that price as well.

Here's a link to an earlier discussion on the same subject.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?T25F650AA

Again, welcome.

Jerry

Old March 10th 05, 01:10 PM
Jonathan_ATC

"Jerry Dennis" wrote in message
oups.com...

Jonathan_ATC wrote:
[...]

Thank you, Jerry, for your reply. I thought I could probably do better on
the SAE's.
I apologize for my searching skills not being better. I'll search some
more. I know how people hate to rehash the same topic over and over.
Thanks for the link. The SAE's I found on HSN were ICG, which I thought
were not a very accurate grading company. I would really rather have a PCGS
or NGC set if I am going to pay money for it. (I'd take the ICG's as a
gift!)

Thanks for the welcome to the group. This seems like a very good group. I
have spent the better part of two weekends just trying to catch up on all
the posts. Almost every post is something interesting and enlightening.

Take care,
--
Jonathan

Old March 11th 05, 12:17 AM
bri

k.net...

Jonathan_ATC wrote:
[...]

It's really easy for those to get spots on them and since they were handled
by more people than normal they have a higher chance at getting spots.
If you get these from the US Mint you can be fairly certain that you will
get a MS69 DCAM. Way less potential damage to be done by ordering directly
and you won't have to worry about condensation during all the extra shipping
these TV-coins are subjegated to.
HTH--YMMV

Old March 11th 05, 01:46 PM
Jerry Dennis

Jonathan_ATC wrote:
[...]

You'll get used to finding the right word in your searches. Once you
do, it'll be a lot easier, especially when you start remembering who
wrote what.

You're welcome, too. We are a decent group of collectors always
willing to help anytime we can. The standard reply to any "I have a
stupid question..." post is "The only stupid question is the one you
don't ask." So ask away.

Jerry
Part of the Welcoming Committee. :-)