(RCSD) New stamps and recruiting new collectors

Old July 28th 07, 01:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default (RCSD) New stamps and recruiting new collectors

http://www.ac-nancy-metz.fr/enseign/...nry/stamp2.jpg

8*)

Blair

Old July 29th 07, 02:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

A Classic!

The look on Dad's face is uncannily accurate.
"submissionae electronica"

ps.com...

Old July 30th 07, 05:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Svend

ps.com...

Old July 30th 07, 06:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Svend

Thank you for this fine cartoon, Blair. Although the problem is serious it
is probably a good thing not take take it too seriously. Problems exist in
order to be solved, someone once said, but at the same time there are
opportunities that should not be missed, the use of the Internet being one
of them also for philatelic purposes. Question is whether the use we stamp
collectors make of it today could be improved or at least better
coordinated. Many of this groups readers will acknowledge the situation
where you find a very interesting link, you click on it, and you end up with
one of the commercial sites of the internet branches because the site was
closed or moved to another server.

Another proactive way of using the net to recruit new collectors is for us
to tell our stories. I mean 1) How did you become the collector you are? 2)
What is the story behind your favorite collection? 3) What is the story of
your favorite collection? At my recently created blog I try to make some
suggestions and also try to do what I myself suggest. I am still working on
that project. Want to see? http://philatelyoftoday.blogspot.com/

Have a nice day
Svend

PS: On RCSD a series of "looking back # xxx" is running. Its introduction is
long gone and I missed it. Please repeat. And will these pieces of memory be
saved and put at a place where you can find them again? Kind of dictionary.

ps.com...

Old July 30th 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 08:13:51 +0300, "Svend"
wrote:

Thank you for this fine cartoon, Blair. Although the problem is serious it
is probably a good thing not take take it too seriously.

Funny, yes! 100% politically correct, nope... although this seems to
be the modus operandi of kids today.

When approached with a challenge several years ago, I decided to use
the Internet - and only the Internet - to recruit new collectors or
bring the old timer back into the fold.

So far, this has not let me down, concerning the results achieved to
date. Another message will explain this better, so look for my
"Freebie Stamp Project" update message.
Old July 31st 07, 10:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Svend" wrote in message
PS: On RCSD a series of "looking back # xxx" is running. Its introduction

is
long gone and I missed it. Please repeat. And will these pieces of memory

be
saved and put at a place where you can find them again? Kind of

dictionary.

It is available (or part thereof) as literature,
called "Sloane's column" 2nd reprint 1961 around $30
at Philatelic bookstores

Old August 1st 07, 05:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Svend

"Rod" wrote in message

"Svend" wrote in message
PS: On RCSD a series of "looking back # xxx" is running. Its introduction

is
long gone and I missed it. Please repeat. And will these pieces of memory

be
saved and put at a place where you can find them again? Kind of

dictionary.

It is available (or part thereof) as literature,
called "Sloane's column" 2nd reprint 1961 around $30
at Philatelic bookstores

Thanks Rod

Could you help me with some addresses. I only know of James Bendon.
regards
Svend

Old August 1st 07, 11:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Svend" wrote in message

Thanks Rod
Could you help me with some addresses. I only know of James Bendon.
regards
Svend

Gulp Hi Svend,
if you intend to spend hard cash,
then please check that the literature suits well,
I'd hate to send you on a wild goose chase.
some of Blair's are Sloan and others from another source.

I could only find one source at short notice

It is Item 1408 under literature of "General Interest" here.....
http://www.mainstreet-philatelics.co...aturelist.html

It is "Sloanes Column" 1961 reprint by Turner.
I trust/hope this is the same general interest with a US bent
that you have been reading on this NG.

The proprietor Mr. Bernstein is a very helpful fellow.
The book is a little expensive at $50
you may find cheaper copies Googling.

......or just search the RCSD archives here
http://tinyurl.com/2yvb6t
Search for all Blairs posts with the heading "looking back"
and save them a lot cheaper.

Caveat emtor
Regards
Rodney

Old August 1st 07, 11:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Rod" wrote in message

.....or just search the RCSD archives here
http://tinyurl.com/2yvb6t
Search for all Blairs posts with the heading "looking back"
and save them a lot cheaper.

Svend,
you should get 523 posts with "looking back"
http://cjoint.com/data/ibm1hJfhSK.htm

actually, you can search the newsgroup for all sorts
of information and gossip,
it is a good source to mine for all obscure types
of info or questions you may have.
HTH

Old August 1st 07, 01:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Svend

"Rod" wrote in message

"Rod" wrote in message

.....or just search the RCSD archives here
http://tinyurl.com/2yvb6t
Search for all Blairs posts with the heading "looking back"
and save them a lot cheaper.

Svend,
you should get 523 posts with "looking back"
http://cjoint.com/data/ibm1hJfhSK.htm

actually, you can search the newsgroup for all sorts
of information and gossip,
it is a good source to mine for all obscure types
of info or questions you may have.
HTH

Thank Rod you for these addresses. Very useful indeed. First however I will
go through old posts.
Wonder if you know http://www.hhphilit.com/index.htm Its the shop that I
normally use.

Greetings