Seeking old-style Rotring 600 ballpoints

Old September 4th 04, 04:40 PM
Jon Sarche

Default Seeking old-style Rotring 600 ballpoints

What can I say? This is the perfect pen, with its nice heft and the
cross-hatching at the bottom of the barrel. I can't find any, and was
hoping somebody on this group could recommend a source. Levenger had
been selling the old style, but it appears they're out. Please help --
I became addicted to these pens years ago and just this past weekend,
I seem to have lost my last one.

Thanks in advance.
Old September 4th 04, 06:46 PM
Kenneth D. Schillinger

A Quick Google came up with a bunch.
This place usually has good prices.
http://www.goldspot.com

Best, Ken...

--
All incoming and outgoing mail scanned using Norton Anti Virus, by the
shores of beautiful Puget Sound.
om...

Old September 4th 04, 09:07 PM
Dave

Kenneth D. Schillinger wrote:

A Quick Google came up with a bunch.
This place usually has good prices.

The new style are easy to find - he's looking for the discontinued
model. If you don't like these pens, the two models look essentially the
same. If you *do* like the pens, you wonder what they were thinking when
they changed them. :-)

David
who also likes the old Rotring 600
Old September 5th 04, 06:42 AM
John Hubert

If you find a source - let me know too - as I like you think they are
excellent.
The new design is presumably cheaper to make - it certainly looks cheaper,
feels cheaper, and is a very poor substitute.
They do come up on e bay occasionally - usually in the USA, where they are
invariably bought by the same buyer - who pays $50-60 each sometimes. I
don't think he has ever been outbid on these.
Good luck

om...

Old September 5th 04, 01:22 PM
Kenneth D. Schillinger

Hello,
A public apology here.
I didn't enlarge the photo, and now see what you mean when you say the
rOtring 600 has been changed.
Why would they take a wonderful design and change it? Don't mess with
success!
Ken.

Rotring Skynn kcat Pens & Pencils 4 January 31st 04 01:12 AM
rOtring Renaissance???? David Heverly Pens & Pencils 3 January 19th 04 02:25 AM
Old style Rotring 600 retractable's.... what are they worth? Andy P Pens & Pencils 1 August 27th 03 06:50 PM