Please, Name a no-skip everyday writer FP; M or B nib; piston..

Old August 30th 04, 04:59 AM
Free Citizen

I have never used a pen with a polished section like the ATX. How does it
hold?

--
Best regards,
Free Citizen

"Bluesea" wrote in message
[snip]

Because our mileages vary?

I tried a Prelude in a store, but it wasn't comfortable to hold from the
get-go so, I bought a Sheaffer Javelin and a Cross ATX instead. I enjoy
the
ATX but, the Javelin cramps my hand after awhile so, it got set aside with
the other pens that I don't use.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old August 30th 04, 05:00 AM
Free Citizen

Any Pelikan is a good buy.

--
Best regards,
Free Citizen

"John Smythe" wrote in message
Levenger.com is currently offering a blue Pelikan m605 with a ceramic
Pelican stand for $149.95 plus S&H. I use one as an everyday writer and
although I have other pens in rotation including Parker 51's and Lamy's, I
keep coming back to it as my favorite. Mine is outfitted with a fine nib.
It
is a piston filler and holds a generous 1.3 ml of ink. It is very light
and
fits comfortably in the hand. I would rate it as a "Best Buy".

Old September 1st 04, 02:06 AM
Al Ries

Pelikan Go. Piston Filler. Discontinued but available on ebay for $10-15.
Smoothest fountain pen in my arsenal. Amazing pen for the price. I have
three of them .

Old September 1st 04, 05:05 AM
Bluesea

"Free Citizen" wrote in message
I have never used a pen with a polished section like the ATX. How does it
hold?

It feels different, of course, than other materials usually used, much
cooler initially, warming up to hand temperature w/i moments. Pro'lly would
be hot if outside during the summer but, I haven't tried. I like the
smoothness because it's a different feeling from my other pens. On the
whole, it's one of my top three favorite pens to use.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old September 1st 04, 08:29 AM
Free Citizen

Yes, I would imagine it to be something like that. Certainly, beats the
parker brush finish that just don't offer good grip at all. I must give the
ATX a try

--
Best regards,
Free Citizen

Old September 1st 04, 06:15 PM
pavane

"Al Ries" wrote in message

Pelikan Go. Piston Filler. Discontinued but available on ebay for $10-15.
Smoothest fountain pen in my arsenal. Amazing pen for the price. I have
three of them .

Completely agree with this. It is one of the nicest little pens
I have ever come across, always ready to write, smooth and
well balanced. This is an outstanding pen by any measure
(except maybe aesthetics) and would make an ideal everyday
or beginners instrument.

pavane

Old September 2nd 04, 06:36 PM
Paul G

I find all of the Pelikan "student pen" with steel nibs to be excellent
writers.
I always use a Pelikano Junior on my desk for quick notes, and with my
big hands, really find this girthy pen very comfortable.

Pelikanyo Paul

"pavane" wrote in message
om...

Old September 2nd 04, 09:09 PM
Clawhound

Paul G wrote:

I find all of the Pelikan "student pen" with steel nibs to be excellent
writers.
I always use a Pelikano Junior on my desk for quick notes, and with my
big hands, really find this girthy pen very comfortable.

Pelikanyo Paul

"pavane" wrote in message
om...

"Al Ries" wrote in message

Pelikan Go. Piston Filler. Discontinued but available on ebay for

$10-15.

Smoothest fountain pen in my arsenal. Amazing pen for the price. I

have

three of them .

Completely agree with this. It is one of the nicest little pens
I have ever come across, always ready to write, smooth and
well balanced. This is an outstanding pen by any measure
(except maybe aesthetics) and would make an ideal everyday
or beginners instrument.

pavane

I'm using their current student pen for work. I take small notes on
folded paper, as I hate walking around with a clip board. The little
beastie works great for $20.

CH
Old September 3rd 04, 02:44 AM
Free Citizen

A Pelikan student pen for $20? Wow! That is too much. Where are you located?

--
Best regards,
Free Citizen

"Clawhound" wrote in message