Tech: Help with Rowe-AMI TI-1

Old May 11th 08, 04:58 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
gregl

Default Tech: Help with Rowe-AMI TI-1

Hi all, sorry if my terminology is off as I'm pretty green on juke
repair. I just was given a Rowe Ami TI-1 juke, but the first thing I
noticed is I can't get it to take any credits. I tried running quarters,
and tried the operator credit switch but no credits are registered.
I'm not familiar with these, just need a starting point and will be
happy to do research if someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks to all! Greg

Old May 11th 08, 01:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On May 11, 1:58 pm, gregl wrote:
Hi all, sorry if my terminology is off as I'm pretty green on juke
repair. I just was given a Rowe Ami TI-1 juke, but the first thing I
noticed is I can't get it to take any credits. I tried running quarters,
and tried the operator credit switch but no credits are registered.
I'm not familiar with these, just need a starting point and will be
happy to do research if someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks to all! Greg

fuse on credit unit, stuck credit add coil etc etc
Old May 12th 08, 03:28 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
gregl

Thanks Kreed for the ideas. I checked and researched and the credit unit and
my problem is... it's missing! Guess that explains my problem! I'm going to
try and find one, but wanted to say thanks for pointing me in the right
direction, Greg

Old May 13th 08, 01:29 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

kreed wrote:
On May 11, 1:58 pm, gregl wrote:
Hi all, sorry if my terminology is off as I'm pretty green on juke
repair. I just was given a Rowe Ami TI-1 juke, but the first thing I
noticed is I can't get it to take any credits. I tried running quarters,
and tried the operator credit switch but no credits are registered.
I'm not familiar with these, just need a starting point and will be
happy to do research if someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks to all! Greg

fuse on credit unit, stuck credit add coil etc etc

If you dont need credit operation, you can probably do without the
credit unit.

If you have the manual, you should likely be able to short 2 pins on
its (the credit unit's) connector in order to enable permanent free
play.

I will get out the manual and have a look if you are interested.

I thought I had a credit unit here from an MM2 that I junked about 10
years back, but its being elusive

Old May 24th 08, 04:17 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
gregl

Hi Kreed,
Thank you for the help getting me going. I did call a fellow pinball collector and
he talked me through bypassing the credit unit (Which was pretty cool you can do
that btw!) I've gotten it almost all the way working now, it's somewhat garbled
but when I put a new needle in, I noticed the record spinning slightly off round.
I put a little pressure on the piece that the hole in the record goes over and it
sounded prefect! I just haven't had time away from work to mess with it more to
see why it's not spinning perfectly round. I'll get to it soon I hope. Again,
thanks for the help, it definately pointed me in the right direction! Greg

Old May 24th 08, 04:50 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On May 24, 1:17 pm, gregl wrote:
Hi Kreed,
Thank you for the help getting me going. I did call a fellow pinball collector and
he talked me through bypassing the credit unit (Which was pretty cool you can do
that btw!) I've gotten it almost all the way working now, it's somewhat garbled
but when I put a new needle in, I noticed the record spinning slightly off round.
I put a little pressure on the piece that the hole in the record goes over and it
sounded prefect! I just haven't had time away from work to mess with it more to
see why it's not spinning perfectly round. I'll get to it soon I hope. Again,
thanks for the help, it definately pointed me in the right direction! Greg

you should check the spindle, it raises up for US records,(larger
hole) and drops down for records from other countries that have small
(about the size of a pencil) hole. I would advise that you
permanently fix this either up or down in the record size required
(usually by stacking washers, or cutting a piece of pen barrel - or
electrical conduit and using as a spacer). Also check for any "dags"
around the edge of the casting and file then down if necessary, as the
record may catch on them during raising and lowering. Make sure also
that the record raises and lowers easily (doesnt catch on the
spindle), file if necessary, but not so much that there is "slop" that
allows the record to move sideways a lot.

Finally make sure that the turntable runs "true" (that its flat and
doesn't rise and fall as it turns) that the lower shaft hasnt been
bent. If it is, you will probably have to replace it.

you can remove the plate at the bottom of the spindle shaft housing
too, inside there will be a white plastic spacer and a flat white
washer, the washer (which is a thrust bearing for the turntable) might
be worn, you can usually turn it upside down, or can cut a piece of
polycarbonate to the same shape and use it instead.

Old May 27th 08, 04:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
gregl

HI Kreed, I wanted to post this for anyone in the future having troubles. I started
looking at the spindle and the little metal wire holding it was somewhat vibrating. I
took that off along with the record holder round plate ( didn't know I could do that!),
cleaned the parts, the small metal rod seemed a little bent so I tried to straighten
that too. Now it seems to play pretty good. That metal rod and the crud in there was
probably slowing the whole mechanism down causing the garbled sound.
Wow! that feels good to fix my first jukebox! Thanks a ton Kreed, you definately pushed
me in the right directions!! Take good care, Greg

Tech: Rowe-93 SamDotCom Juke Boxes 1 November 11th 05 05:31 AM
Tech : Rowe CD - 100 [email protected] Juke Boxes 3 October 16th 05 02:12 AM
Tech: Rowe AMI R-89 RDD0130 Juke Boxes 0 July 25th 04 01:45 AM
TECH: rowe amp? Addamspin Juke Boxes 5 November 14th 03 10:14 PM
Tech: Rowe R-83 TMcderm653 Juke Boxes 1 October 16th 03 03:42 AM