Rock-Ola 474 Sybaris Gas Springs

Old November 21st 04, 07:38 PM
Mark Boehler

Default Rock-Ola 474 Sybaris Gas Springs

I recently picked up a Rock-Ola 474 Sybaris that I am fixing up. I
have made some repairs/adjustments to it, and it's working pretty
well. One thing that I'm in need of assistance with, however, is
locating replacement gas springs to hold the top open. The two that
are in there seem to have lost some of their power and will not hold
the door open by themselves. I have to wedge a stick inside to hold
it open.

Anyway, if anyone could give me a lead as to where to look for
replacements, I'd be greatly appreciative. I have done searches on
Google for gas springs, and have found lots of places to get them, but
I do not know what strength springs to get. Are these 90lb springs,
20lb springs, or what?

I hope someone on here has an idea, and wouldn't mind sharing.

Thanks a lot!
Mark Boehler

Remove the obvious to reply.
Old November 22nd 04, 04:17 PM
Charlie Maier

FRom NAPA auto parts use part # BK-819-5208. A perfect fit.
Old November 23rd 04, 04:03 AM
Steve

Charlie, Mine are shot too. Would it be the same for the Rockola 7000
Legend CD box from around 1996? Thanks, Steve
Old November 29th 04, 01:22 PM
Steve

Charlie, Sorry I didn't get back to you on this sooner. I looked but
could not read a number on the shocks. I don't have a parts manual.
I have decided to sell the Juke as I am running out of room in my
small home.
I put it on Ebay if anyone is interested. I has the red sybersonic
system in it. With a good working CDM12 player. Thanks again Charlie
for answering my post.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT
Old November 30th 04, 11:22 PM
Mark Boehler

Thank you so much!

Mark

Old May 27th 08, 08:34 PM
[email protected] la.kings@gmail.com is offline
Junior Member

Location: Southern Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Maier View Post
FRom NAPA auto parts use part # BK-819-5208. A perfect fit.
Charlie, I found this old post but it doesn't look like NAPA has this part in 2008 (at least not online). Do you know if there is a new part number or do I just need to go to the store and find it?

Thanks,
-david
Old May 28th 08, 05:44 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

David,

Sadly, Charlie Maier is deceased.

Let me do some research for you on this matter.