Zip-loc bags

Old January 30th 04, 12:30 PM
Ken Knapp

Default Zip-loc bags

Anyone have any thoughts on storing circulated coins in zip-loc bags? I've
been keeping mine in them but am wondering if I might be asking for PVC
contamination.

Thanks,

Ken

Old January 30th 04, 12:50 PM
Barry

Any "baggie" used for food is made of Poyethylense, which is safe for
coins. PVC is prohibited for food use by the FDA, because if its
potential toxicity.
Barry

--
Note - Remove the X from my e-mail address for direct replies
Old January 30th 04, 09:32 PM
Joe Fischer

On Fri, Barry wrote:

Any "baggie" used for food is made of Poyethylense, which is safe for
coins.

Not as safe as polyethylene.

Joe Fischer

Old February 1st 04, 01:37 AM
Frank Provasek

If you mean loose coins, it's hard to beat a glass jar.

--
RARE COIN AUCTIONS NO MINIMUMS http://www.frankcoins.com
Ebay Powerseller FRANKCOINS Texas Auction License 11259

Old February 1st 04, 02:53 AM
Ken Knapp

GLASS JARS!! Man am I a dummy. And I have a new granddaughter in the house
as well - BABY FOOD JARS!!!

Ken

.com...

Old February 1st 04, 10:24 PM
Coin Saver

From: "Ken Knapp"

GLASS JARS!

Be careful with those. Remember, those jars were engineered to hold a lot less
weight than solid metal discs.

8-]

Coin Saver