Virus I had this week and you might...

Old May 17th 05, 05:39 PM
Sue H

Default Virus I had this week and you might...

I don't know how this is spread. I think I only have two or three
email addresses from here, so just in case, I am sending the link so
you can identify it. Not sure I spread anything. I don't know how I
got it... but it's non lethal anyway. It's just "political spam"

Here's the link to the story:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7874164/

It appears to be in German or Dutch (at least the ones I got were
those two languages). It appears it's a one time thing and should be
gone after a couple days (in other words, you'll get maybe a hundred
or so spams but then that's it). I personally got about 60 or so of
them.

Old May 17th 05, 06:40 PM
tarkusshadow

I got 3 emails this morning from pharmo@ intex.dr. I opened
one to see if there was an unsubscribe link, and when I clicked it and
went to the "website", It downloaded Trojan.ByteVerify into my
computer, my virus software caught it and I think it's gone now. At
least I hope so!!!???

Old May 17th 05, 06:51 PM
Sue H

If I don't recognize all of the email or the sender, I won't open it
at all; it's deleted. If I am not expecting an attachment or link and
it's not explained in the email or subject by the recognized person,
I'll delete it or email them separately and ask what it is. I had a
problem before where I got thousands of emails..... and it clogged
everything. Not going through that again! Or losing my hard drive
again!

Old May 17th 05, 07:56 PM
tarkusshadow

Well, evidently I'm not as smart as you. So it must be true about what
Todd say's about me. I'm an Idiot and a F***KING MORON

Old May 17th 05, 07:59 PM
Sue H

LOL; well, we do learn from our mistakes. I admit, a couple times, I
have been awfully tempted to open certain things...but not after
losing my hard drive before! Nothing is worth that.

No offense was meant and none taken.

Old May 17th 05, 11:57 PM
pe2

Couldn't have received it from me-I've been down for the last 2 weeks
redoing a Blue screen of Death~~

pe2