ABE listing giggle

Old August 18th 03, 10:00 PM
Denise Enck

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article t, "Denise
Enck" wrote:

"Barnaby Page" wrote in message
m...
"Denise Enck" wrote in message

ink.net...
I got a giggle out of this ABE listing ~

Elsom, John
Erotic Theatre
London: Secker & Warburg, 1973 Cloth. Very Good/Fair. First Edition.
Hardback. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. 269pp. Dustwrapper edge worn

and
discoloured. Small splashes of silver pain on front cover.

I liked this one from eBay earlier in the year. Henry Peach Robinson,
eat your heart out!

THE COMPLETE WORKS OF WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE, EDITED WITH A GLOSSARY, BY
W J
CRAIG. PUBLISHED BY HUMPHREY MILFORD, OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS, LONDON,
EDINBURGH, GLASGOW, COPENHAGEN, NEW YORK, TORONTO, MELBOURNE, CAPE
TOWN,
BOMBAY, CALCUTTA, MADRAS, SHANGHAI, IN 1922. BLACK/WHITE PHOTO OF
SHAKESPEARE AT FRONT, 1352 PAGES, SIZE 7.5 X 5 X 2 INCH.BOOK IN GOOD
CONDITION, SOME WEAR TO EDGES, HAS PREV OWNERS NAME/ADDRESS AT FRONT.

Uh...I hate to admit this, but I don't get it. What's funny about it? Is

one
of the names wrong?

Maybe I need another cup of java?

embarrasedly,
Denise

It WAS like a little puzzle & could be missed. Could be limited vocabulary
rather than a serious belief that Will visited a photographic studio.

-paghat the ratgirl

ah!! got it! thanks Jessica!

cheers ~
Denise

Old August 19th 03, 02:51 AM
Htn963

"Denise Enck", et al. wrote:

"paghat" wrote in message
news

snip

It WAS like a little puzzle & could be missed. Could be limited vocabulary
rather than a serious belief that Will visited a photographic studio.

-paghat the ratgirl

ah!! got it! thanks Jessica!

So paghat's name is really Jessica? That's one of my favorite female
names hint, hint.

--
Ht

|Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore
never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
--John Donne, "Devotions Upon Emergent Occasions"|
Old August 19th 03, 10:19 PM
Tim Doyle

Singularly appropriate typo ... almost makes you think it was done on
purpose for a giggle:

Myers, John Myers
Silverlock
E. P. Dutton & Co, 1949. Hard Cover. Very Good/Good Plus. First
Edition. 1st printing, Jacket chipped heavily, sl soil, book clean, no
marks, corners of bards bumped.

Regards, Tim
Old August 21st 03, 10:59 PM
Patrick Scheible

(Lin Digs Books) writes:

"Denise Enck" wrote in message k.net...
"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article t, "Denise
Enck" wrote:

[...]

Well, what made *me* laugh was the seller putting in every office of
the publisher worldwide. Most of us only use the first city, assuming
it's the headquarters.

Perhaps listing all of them as they appear on the book could be a way
to date your printing, depending on the publisher's practice.

-- Patrick

BUY/SELL/TRADE/GIVE AWAY your 8tracks -- Nov. listing [email protected] 8 Track Tapes 3 January 9th 05 02:41 PM
Pre Order fon Autographs 48 August 12th 04 10:51 PM
............BIDVILLE AUCTIONS - NO LISTING FEES turntrio General 0 June 7th 04 09:09 AM
Convention listing site Tommy \2Lipz\ Autographs 0 March 29th 04 07:23 AM
Bay Psalm Book listing mystey Tim Crawford Books 0 July 11th 03 02:55 AM