Indian head cent question

Old November 6th 03, 03:06 AM
RF

Default Indian head cent question

Does the coloring on this cent look natural to you??
I have had it several years, one given to me by my father, who was always
a big collector himself.
Its possibly going to go on ebay soon, and just want some input.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...59/1896obv.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...59/1896rev.JPG

Let me know what you think!

Sam F.

Old November 6th 03, 11:21 AM
James McCown

"RF" wrote in message ...
Does the coloring on this cent look natural to you??
I have had it several years, one given to me by my father, who was always
a big collector himself.
Its possibly going to go on ebay soon, and just want some input.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...59/1896obv.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...59/1896rev.JPG

Let me know what you think!

Sam F.

Can't see the photo:

*****************************
Access Denied (Usage Limit)

The owner of this file has exceeded their daily usage limit.
****************************
Old November 6th 03, 12:36 PM
RF

"James McCown" wrote...
"RF" wrote...
Does the coloring on this cent look natural to you??
I have had it several years, one given to me by my father, who was

always
a big collector himself.
Its possibly going to go on ebay soon, and just want some input.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...59/1896obv.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...59/1896rev.JPG

Let me know what you think!

Sam F.

Can't see the photo:

Dang it..
Try this.

http://rsf_coins.tripod.com/coins/1896obv.jpg

http://rsf_coins.tripod.com/coins/1896rev.jpg

Sam

Old November 6th 03, 02:11 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 20:06:48 -0700, "RF" is
alleged to have written:

Does the coloring on this cent look natural to you??
I have had it several years, one given to me by my father, who was always
a big collector himself.
Its possibly going to go on ebay soon, and just want some input.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...59/1896obv.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...59/1896rev.JPG

Let me know what you think!

Sam F.

Looks good from here...looks VERY nice, in fact.

Bruce

Old November 6th 03, 03:47 PM
RF

I think these new pics I did this morning, represent the color a bit more..
I really see nothing that makes me think its been cleaned and recolored, its
just
a really pretty orangish red...
Starting to think maybe it was in a folder for a while, since the rev is a
darker
color, and more RB, but mostly red.
Heck, I dont know, but it is a pretty coin.. hehe..

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...1896obvlg2.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-.../1896revlg.JPG

Thanks for looking all!

"RF" wrote...

Old November 6th 03, 04:15 PM
Richard Snow

I would say it's fine for a red-brown, with a high percentage of red. As for
a full red, you had better get it certified as such, or I won't bid. Looks
64RB to me.

Rick Snow

Old November 6th 03, 05:09 PM
RF

"Richard Snow" wrote...
I would say it's fine for a red-brown, with a high percentage of red. As

for
a full red, you had better get it certified as such, or I won't bid. Looks
64RB to me.

Rick Snow

Thanks a bunch for looking at it Rick, your opinion is the greatest I could
ask for.

Was that opinion based on the original pics, or the revised pics, which show
the
color near exactly like the coin is.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...1896obvlg2.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-.../1896revlg.JPG

Thanks again!

Sam F.

Old November 6th 03, 05:31 PM
Art O'Connell

Good looking coin. I'd say it's RB weighing heavily toward R. This happens
to be the color that I really like.

Good luck with your auction. I'll be watching.

--
God Bless!
Art

"James McCown" wrote in message
om...
"RF" wrote in message

Does the coloring on this cent look natural to you??
I have had it several years, one given to me by my father, who was

always
a big collector himself.
Its possibly going to go on ebay soon, and just want some input.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...59/1896obv.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...59/1896rev.JPG

Let me know what you think!

Sam F.

Can't see the photo:

*****************************
Access Denied (Usage Limit)

------

The owner of this file has exceeded their daily usage limit.

Old November 7th 03, 02:44 AM
RF

"Art O'Connell" wrote...
Good looking coin. I'd say it's RB weighing heavily toward R. This happens
to be the color that I really like.

Good luck with your auction. I'll be watching.

Well, the auction has started...

Good luck!

P.S. As usual, if you mention RCC, no shipping or insurance charges on any
of my items.

Sam F.

Old November 7th 03, 02:47 AM
George D

RF wrote:
Does the coloring on this cent look natural to you??
I have had it several years, one given to me by my father, who was always
a big collector himself.
Its possibly going to go on ebay soon, and just want some input.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...59/1896obv.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...59/1896rev.JPG

Let me know what you think!

Sam F.

Sam if you are looking to sell this bring it with you Sunday I might be interested.

--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

"A Native American grandfather was talking to his grandson about how he
felt. He said, I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One
wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one. The other wolf is the loving,
compassionate one. The grandson asked him, Which wolf will win the
fight in your heart? The grandfather answered, The one I feed."

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.

CPK Dolls & Misc. Items--- F S Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 28th 03 05:49 PM
CPK D O L L S FS Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:30 AM
CPK Items For Sale!!! Disregard Below - Sorry Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 08:48 PM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 02:11 AM
ISO: Gallery Mint Museum "Indian Head" tokens Edwin Johnston Coins 0 July 31st 03 10:30 PM