Contest Alert: The 'I Have Too Many Slabs' Contest

Old October 26th 03, 05:21 PM
Enalk3430

Put me in too. Nice prize! -Ken
Old October 26th 03, 05:25 PM
Bob Peterson

would make an interesting addition to my slab collection.

"Stujoe" wrote in message
t...
I suddenly find myself having more slabs - PCI, SEGS, ICG, ANACS, PCGS,
and the shattered remains of a couple of NGCs - than at any other time
in my life. Since I need to run a contest, I decided to pass one of them
on to a lucky winner here.

It is a Silver, Brilliant Proof, FSNC #1838, Original Jefferson Nickel
Design reproduction in a SEGS slab. Here are the pictures:

http://www.thestujoecollection.com/f....php?pic_id=91

http://www.thestujoecollection.com/f....php?pic_id=92

Some reasons that you may want to own this coin...

1. There will be no new nickel this year so you can fill the void with
this item while you 'wait until next year'. Especially relevant for us
Cub Fans.

2. After winning this slab, you will be my Blood Brother (or Sister)
because I also have #1838 in Matte Proof that I am keeping. Actual
exchange of blood will be virtually only.

3. This is a possible design for one of the new nickels. I read that
somewhere, I think...if not, it makes for a good story. If that happens,
there may be an Ebay Opportunity for this item and we can vacation
together in the Bahamas when we sell our examples. Speedos prohibited.

4. I think everyone should, at one time or another, own a coin in a big
hunk of sealed, clear plastic with typed letters on it and I think SEGS
slabs are one of the best looking examples of the bunch.

5. If you don't like slabs (or the coin), you can always use it to prop
up the short leg on a wobbly table or chair.

6. You get to share in what is probably my best Ebay bargain that I have
ever bought.

7. And, most important of all, It's Free. :-)

The rules will be as complicated as the rest of my contests have been in
the past.

1. You have to reply to this post and then you are entered in the
contest.

2. The contest will end Sunday Nov 2nd, 2003 at 5pm - Illinois time.

3. Sometime after that, my kids will take all the names, put them in a
hat, mix them up, and then draw a winner. I am so lazy that I make them
provide the hat too.

4. Winner will be announced sometime after that time.

Good Luck!

--
Stujoe
The Stujoe Collection: Coin Grading, News, Forums and more...

Old October 26th 03, 05:45 PM
Steve

Please have your children put my name in their hat as well.

Steve

http://community.webtv.net/srh323/CoinsINeed

http://community.webtv.net/srh323/MyExtraCoins

Old October 26th 03, 05:48 PM
John Patrick

That is one nice nickel design.

Count me in.

(Hey, I'm also in IL, do I get a bonus?)

John (outside Chi-town)

Old October 26th 03, 06:01 PM
Art O'Connell

Wow! I've always wanted that nickel. Please count me in. Liked it since you
first posted the pics.

--
God Bless!
Art

---

Old October 26th 03, 06:05 PM
Edwin Johnston

"Stujoe" wrote in message
t...
I suddenly find myself having more slabs - PCI, SEGS, ICG, ANACS, PCGS,
and the shattered remains of a couple of NGCs - than at any other time
in my life. Since I need to run a contest, I decided to pass one of them
on to a lucky winner here.

It is a Silver, Brilliant Proof, FSNC #1838, Original Jefferson Nickel
Design reproduction in a SEGS slab. Here are the pictures:

http://www.thestujoecollection.com/f....php?pic_id=91

http://www.thestujoecollection.com/f....php?pic_id=92

snip

Oh, that's a Gallery Mint Museum repro, so I simply must add my name!

Old October 26th 03, 06:37 PM
Byron L. Reed

Who can resist a free nickel-like item?

BLReed

To email me click he http://tinyurl.com/nd66
For collector coins and supplies at fair prices: http://tinyurl.com/pt9r
Cool things: http://www.byronreed.com/byrons_collections/default.htm
Talk bust coins: http://www.byronreed.com/phpBB2/index.php

The RCC ESSAY Contest Robert A. DeRose, Jr. Coins 57 September 25th 03 03:48 AM
My First Contest Eric Babula Coins 37 September 19th 03 03:26 PM
CONTEST TIME !, get out your redbooks Update ! Dan769 Coins 1 August 26th 03 04:13 AM
Coin grading/authentication services -- periodic post Linda Coins 6 August 8th 03 06:25 AM