FA: 1893-S Morgan Dollar compared with AU-50

Old October 26th 03, 03:25 AM
Ira Stein

Default FA: 1893-S Morgan Dollar compared with AU-50

Both certified by PCGS, the EF-45 now for auction was graded about 12 years ago
and he AU-50 that I sold several months ago was graded this year. I hope you
can see these images. If you can, I will go back and end my earlier auctions
and re-list with same text but new images. Perhaps then you'll see them all.

This one can be seen at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ssPageName= A
DME:B:LC:US:1

Thanks.

Ira Stein

Old October 26th 03, 01:12 PM
Bruce Remick

Ira Stein wrote:

Both certified by PCGS, the EF-45 now for auction was graded about 12 years ago
and he AU-50 that I sold several months ago was graded this year. I hope you
can see these images. If you can, I will go back and end my earlier auctions
and re-list with same text but new images. Perhaps then you'll see them all.

This one can be seen at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ssPageName= A
DME:B:LC:US:1

Ira, I am risking being considered a dork here, but in an auction of
this calibre, you've just *gotta* use a spell-checker on your text.
There's always a chance that a potential bidder who doesn't already know
you and your history of offering top end items on Ebay may hesitate
because of all the typos. They just don't do your reputation and
professionalism justice. Your insistance on the best quality images can
be hurt when the text isn't given the same treatment.

Please take this as a constructive suggestion! I join the others here
in salivating over your choice auctions, fanticizing mental budget
manipulations to justify adding one of your gems to our collection.

Oh, yes. I have never had difficulty seeing your auction images, but
then I'm using Netscape.

Regards,

Bruce
Old October 26th 03, 01:45 PM
Larry Louks

Bruce Remick wrote thusly:
Ira, I am risking being considered a dork here, but in an auction of this

calibre, you've just gotta use a spell-checker on your text. There's always
a chance that a potential bidder who doesn't already know you and your
history of offering top end items on Ebay may hesitate because of all the
typos. They just don't do your reputation and professionalism justice.
Your insistance on the best quality images can be hurt when the text isn't
given the same treatment.

Some things are difficult to bring to another's attention when there is the
possibility of "rubbing them the wrong way." One of the "higher ups" in the
company that I work for says "pitcher" (as in water pouring or baseball
heaving) when he's referring to a photograph. I've heard him say that word
numerous times. One day I sent him an email, and sought to tactfully point
out his misuse of the word "pitcher" as opposed to "picture" in that sense.
Prior to my sending the note, I had enjoyed a warm relationship with him. He
immediately fired back a retort to me, denying that he had ever said
"pitcher" instead of "picture", but that clearly has not been the case...
Anyway, that episode has been detrimental to my vocational relationship with
him, which I regret. I guess I should have kept silent, though I'm
reasonably certain that I would welcome someone "filling me in" if the
situation were reversed.

Hats off to you, Bruce, for desiring to be helpful. Seeing something that
has numerous typos in it may have an adverse effect on some folks, while
others won't give it a second thought. I only know of Ira what I've read
here and there in this newsgroup in the past few months. I can readily see
that he is well thought of in this newsgroup, is highly respected in the
numismatic community, and is a tremendous help to those of us who are nuts
about collecting coins. I'm confident that he desires his auctions to be
"top notch" in every way and I would think that he will take your advice to
heart, and apply it.

Larry

Old October 26th 03, 04:42 PM
Chrysta Wilson

In article , says...
Ira Stein wrote:

[...]

I find Ira's typos to be one of those endearing little things, but
that's because I know Ira. I agree that I also look at auctions with a
slightly jaundiced eye when they are riddled with typos, just as I do
when the text is in all caps or there are annoying sounds, etc, when I
don't know the seller. OTOH, having a new computer, I can also
sympathize. The keyboard on this one is not as sensitive as the old one,
and I have made more typos in the last two weeks than I have in the last
two years!
--
Chrysta Wilson

My Collection:
http://www.chrystawilson.com
Old October 26th 03, 04:43 PM
George D

Ira Stein wrote:
Both certified by PCGS, the EF-45 now for auction was graded about 12 years ago
and he AU-50 that I sold several months ago was graded this year. I hope you
can see these images. If you can, I will go back and end my earlier auctions
and re-list with same text but new images. Perhaps then you'll see them all.

This one can be seen at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ssPageName= A
DME:B:LC:US:1

Thanks.

Ira Stein

Images came out fine but problem with HTML

Other auctions of yours came out fine.

This was in both IE and NE my email converted the type face but the spacing and etc. was a
cut and paste.

Full 7 day return privilege if

not delighted. Coin or currency must be

returned in the original, undamaged &

unopened capsule or sleeve in which

shipped. Immediate refund less s,h,i costs.

There will be a 2.4% restocking charge

ONLY for purchases NOT made by personal

check, money order or bank check.

Shipping, handling and Insurance cost will

be $22.00. pPayPal accepted

or payment. I am a verified seller br /
...full protection against fraud for bidders.

Just click on PayPal logo!

NYS residents must add 8.25% sales tax.
br /

Seller reserves right to refuse to sell to

bidders w/neg feedback seller deems

excessive. SEE MY OTHER AUCTIONS for

other items of quality.

If you have

questions about this auction lot not

answered by the description or photos, just

e-mail me at and I'll

get back to you shortly.

Interested in selling a few quality US

Notes or Coins? Consign to one of my

successful auctions! I'll do it all and you'll get

top $$! Write for details.
greenI will NOT accept Accugrade (ACG),

PCI, or NTC certified coins for consignment.

I will not handle these coins or accept in

trade. I do not buy from dealers who

routinely market the above products nor will

I knowingly sell to them.

In my

professional opinion these grading

companies and others do not meet my

stringent requirements for grading accuracy

or consistency.
br /

HTH

--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

"A Native American grandfather was talking to his grandson about how he
felt. He said, I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One
wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one. The other wolf is the loving,
compassionate one. The grandson asked him, Which wolf will win the
fight in your heart? The grandfather answered, The one I feed."

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.

Old October 26th 03, 04:49 PM
Chrysta Wilson

In article ,
says...
In article ,
says...
Ira Stein wrote:

[...]

Ira, sorry I am replying to myself. I just looked at the auction, and it
loaded fine for me. I'm going to look at your other auctions now, and if
I have any problems I will let you know. I have a brand-new computer
running a fully-updated IE 6. And about the typos, it really looks like
the same thing is happening to you that happens to me on this new
keyboard...you type letters but aren't hitting the key hard enough for
the letter to register. On your keyboard it's the "e"...most of the
typos are missing Es. On mine it's kind of a mix of missing letters. (

--
Chrysta Wilson

My Collection:
http://www.chrystawilson.com
Old October 26th 03, 07:06 PM
Edward McGrath

I can see the pictures fine but the price of that coin made me look
twice : ) I wish I had that kind of expendable cash. Ed

Old October 26th 03, 09:26 PM
Ira Stein

Bruce Remick wrote:

Ira, I am risking being considered a dork here, but in an auction of
this calibre, you've just *gotta* use a spell-checker on your text.
There's always a chance that a potential bidder who doesn't already know
you and your history of offering top end items on Ebay may hesitate
because of all the typos. They just don't do your reputation and
professionalism justice. Your insistance on the best quality images can
be hurt when the text isn't given the same treatment.

Please take this as a constructive suggestion! I join the others here
in salivating over your choice auctions, fanticizing mental budget
manipulations to justify adding one of your gems to our collection.

Oh, yes. I have never had difficulty seeing your auction images, but
then I'm using Netscape.

Regards,

Yep, I know about the typos. There's no spell check for the Andale text, at
least in the Mac world. (nor AOL's newsgroup postings.)

I had a nerve injury to my left arm as a kid and 3 fingers are mostly without
sensation in my hand, so I could never learn to type. Can't feel if I am ON the
key or between them! I am pretty fast with hunt & peck but not particularly
accurate. Usually, when I enter listing late at night which I did with this one
I am prone to make mistakes. When I am wide awake I try to read them all and
then correct the mistakes in spelling. I believe I got most of them.

It looks like most are able to see my auctions now, so for that I'm quite
relieved.

No offense taken, Bruce.
(so now Bruce ridicules the disabled?) Smiley face here.

Ira Stein
Old October 26th 03, 09:58 PM
Stujoe

Ira Stein spoke thusly...

Yep, I know about the typos. There's no spell check for the Andale text, at
least in the Mac world. (nor AOL's newsgroup postings.)

This is for the windows world too but, often, I can select the text out
of an input box, copy it, paste it into my word processor, spell check
it, copy it again and paste it back into the input box as a work around
for a no spell check problem. Just a thought...

--
Stujoe
The Stujoe Collection: Coin Grading, News, Forums and more...