Kevin's IN PERSON 411...7/18 FOX NETWORK PARTY

Old July 21st 03, 06:47 AM
GraphRackr

Default Kevin's IN PERSON 411...7/18 FOX NETWORK PARTY

Hey Hey Hey...

The Television Critics Association is in town this week, and today FOX showed
off their new fall line up, and threw a party in West Hollywood. With most
autograph collectors already at the San Diego Comic Con for the weekend (see my
post on that event later), there were only 5 collectors that attended. Because
there were so many celebrities at the event, I'm going to break them down by
cast and show. Let's get to it:

24.....Not only was KIEFER SUTHERLAND one of the first to arrive, he was one of
the first to leave. He signed 2 each per person on the way in, and 2 each on
the way out. We asked him how the party was to which he replied, "You're not
missing anything." DENNIS HAYSBERT signed multiples on the way out, as did
CARLOS BERNARD and REIKO AYLESWORTH

A Minute with Stan Hooper.....PENELOPE ANN MILLER signed anything and
everything, as she was going through my pack of 10 photos she named each movie
the photo was from. NORM MCDONALD signed everything, too.

American Juniors....OK, I'm ashamed to admit I was suspended from school in the
11th grade for getting into a fight over who was a better singer, DEBBIE GIBSON
or Tiffany. She goes by DEBORAH now, and had no problems signing and posing for
photos with us.

Arrested Development....As usual, PORTIA DE ROSSI signed anything and
everything.

Boston Public...CHI MCBRIDE had no problems signing as long as the item was
personalized. Not only does this guy personalize, he intertwines, making it
impossible to erase. LORETTA DEVINE is nice as can be, but doesn't like the
idea that she gets no cut from the blank photos we purchase. ANTHONY HEALD
signed all items, also insisted on personalizing. JERI RYAN, who is usually a
1 per person kinda gal, cranked this evening, signing everything put in front
of her. She also posed for photos with.

King of the Hill....STEPHEN ROOT signed for those that asked

Louis....LUIS GUZMAN is someone you would think it cool, and would have no
problems signing, but this guy is pretty much a pain in the ass. He signed my
"Oz" book, but wasn't happy to see us.

Mad TV....MICHAEL MCDONALD, BOBBY LEE, and STEPHANIE WEIR were all great about
signing.

The OC....This is supposed to be one of Fox's winners. With the exception of 2
people, this cast is also a winner in the signing department. PETER GALLAGHER,
MISCHA BARTON, CHRIS CARMACK, MELINDA CLARKE, TATE DONOVAN, and RACHEL BILSON
were all great signers. BENJAMIN MCKENZIE was a total stiff. This is this
kid's first show, and he's already a stiff. Who does he think he is? KELLY
ROWAN's publicist told us she was in a hurry and couldn't sign. She waited for
her car for 20 minutes. Bitch.

The Ortegas....CHEECH MARIN is always nice to collectors, and tonight was no
different.

The Shield...This is one of my favorite shows. I was pumped to get a combo
photo with WALT GOGGINS, JAY KARNES, and KENNY JOHNSON.
MICHAEL CHIKLIS, who usually refuses to sign index cards, signed a couple for
the outcast mutant nerds that come out and collect every once in awhile. He
said he was afraid of identity theft, and that the signature from an index card
could be transferred from the card to a document very easily.

The Simple Life....PARIS HILTON has always been great with us, promising to
take care of business after the party. I didn't stick around until the very
end, but was told she kept her word.

SKIN....This cast blows. RON SILVER is a very moody guy, and today he wasn't
in a signing mood. RACHEL TICOTIN has always been good at ignoring us, and
today was no different. OLIVIA WILDE must have gotten autograph advice from
those two, because she didn't want to have anything to do with autographs.
Funny that SKIN is the only credit she's listed as having. Another person that
has no business being a non signer.

Still Life....I've always been a huge fan of "The Lords of Discipline" with
DAVID KEITH. When I told him that, he said, "I knew you were going to say
that." He also advised me to read the book. SUSANNA THOMPSON, who I've never
heard of, was also a complete stiff.

That 70's Show....DEBRA JO RUPP signed everything put in front of her, and
thanked us for watching.

Tru Calling...JESSICA COLLINS & AJ COOK couldn't be nicer. ELIZA DUSHKU was
strict with one per person, and personalizing.

Wanda At Large....WANDA SYKES signed away and joked, "Can you imagine how much
this **** would be worth if I killed somebody?" TAMMY LAUREN also signed.

Wonderfalls....CAROLINE DHAVERNAS has been given the nickname "Alexis Bledel 2"
by collectors. Another stiff, another cancelled show.

I'm sure there were more people that signed and didn't, but that's all I can
remember off hand. That's it for now....

Kevin

Old July 21st 03, 01:02 PM
Dahoov2

I don't know how you recognize all those people.... amazing. I'd not
know half of them on the street if they walked up to me and we chatted
for an hour. How do you know who is who and how many items do you all
carry with you and is there ever a time when you are shuffling through
photos where either you drop them and they get stepped on and ruined
or where you can't find items and lose the sig? Just curious as you
and the other professionals in the group never mention that and always
seem to get your stuff signed.

Old July 21st 03, 01:21 PM
Tarkus Shadow

SUSANNA THOMPSON, who I've never
heard of, was also a complete stiff.

Prey, Family Law & Borg Queen 1 on Voyager. That's all I remember seeing her
in.

Peace,
Paul