Currency Folder

Old November 6th 03, 07:19 PM
Greg

Default Currency Folder

I'm looking for a good currency folder that will hold large as well as small
currency, any suggestions? Greg

Old November 6th 03, 09:51 PM
BobbyShaw

I'm looking for a good currency folder that will hold large as well as small
currency, any suggestions? Greg

Here is a link to a seller that I believe is favorably mentioned here in the
group (but I have never bought from):

http://www.jakesmp.net/CSD_Z_supplie...ies_012_C.html

This page lists and describes several albums. I personally own the Dansco
album, which I really like, but as the site above explains, it only holds the
modern size notes.

Robert Shaw
--
Does olive oil really help with corroded coins? Check out my experiment at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/o...xperiment.html
Old November 7th 03, 12:46 AM
Sean Moffatt

"Greg" wrote in message gy.com...
I'm looking for a good currency folder that will hold large as well as small
currency, any suggestions? Greg

Greg,
What I tend to do for my "average" notes is to use the 3 and 4 slot
pages available from most coin dealers. I obviously put these pages
into 3 ring binders. These pages only are good up to a certain size.
For larger notes I have found that picture holder pages will do the
trick. The best sizes that I found to use are for 5" x 7" (2 pockets
per page) pictures, and 8" x 10" photos. These pages are clear so you
can see both sides, and are available from most photography supply and
some sports collectable shops. The pages are made from the same safe
inert plastics as found in regular currency holders and they fit into
3 ring binders. There are speciality currency folders available but I
find these to be cost prohibitive for common notes.
Another thing to remember is to store 3 ring binders with these pages
not too tightly packed and in a standing up position. I found out the
hard way that lying the binders down causes the seams from the pages
to transfer into the page that is on top of it especially if it is a
different size page leaving an ugly lump, and the lump from the seam
will also transfer to the piece of currency that is inside the next
page.
My high end notes I do not store in folders but in individual holders
of a thicker gauge material stored in a container.

I hope this is helpful,
Sean Moffatt