Artifical toning? Should I submit?

Old August 4th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default Artifical toning? Should I submit?

Dave Hinz wrote:
On 3 Aug 2006 14:55:26 -0700, wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:
On 3 Aug 2006 10:27:46 -0700,
wrote:

Thanks for the reply, not very useful though. Wouldn't want to dip
many coins and esp. not this one AT or NT is a real beauty.

Well, you _did_ ask for opinions. Perhaps next time you could clarify
your request to include a specification that you only want opinions that
match what you want to hear.

I didn't really ask for "opinions" I asked if anyone knew if it was AT
or NT, but your opinion was appreciated, even if part of it was wrong.

Opinions can't be wrong. Except yours.

Good point, I yield to your superior wisdom,

Old August 7th 06, 11:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Fletch

Velvet can do that to Eagles. I have an identical coin that toned in less
than two years on velvet. NT. I have seen similarly toned eagles go for
$250 on eBay. (Getting online now to buy velvet futures ... )

--Keith

Old August 7th 06, 12:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ian

I concur about `velvet' / felt. I've wondered why some of my coins have
toned so rapidly. The only thing I can put it down to is the velvet/
felt type material that lines some of the trays I had been storing coins in.

I also have an 1877 proof double florin in a swivel mount. I got it for
next to nothing due to the way it was mounted. I had it hanging on a
felt based notice board in my room. When I last looked at it, the side
next to the felt had beautiful rainbow toning on it.

Ian

Old August 8th 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

.uk...

Fletch wrote:

Velvet can do that to Eagles. I have an identical coin that toned in
less than two years on velvet. NT. I have seen similarly toned eagles
go for $250 on eBay. (Getting online now to buy velvet futures ... )

--Keith

There's a display cabinet in the Bank of England museum containing coins and
as it's lined with blue velvet the coins are also the colour of blue velvet.

They may be experts in the storage of paper but certainly not coins. Billy