A Seller on Ebay, or Fraudbay as some call it, is at it again

Old April 20th 17, 02:45 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
frschoonover

Default A Seller on Ebay, or Fraudbay as some call it, is at it again

Fellow 8-Track Collectors and Enthusiasts

There is a seller on Ebay/Fraudbay selling a common 8-Track tape, falsely claiming it's rare, for almost $100.00 ($99.99). It is The Rolling Stones #1 US selling and platinum winning album Some Girls. Here's the link to the "Buy It Now" ad for this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152516922246

Who does this seller thinks they're kidding? This isn't rare, but very common. This seller must think that everybody is ignorant. He is also selling a pirated tape of The Doors Greatest Hits called Up To Date, which is also the name of The Partridge Family's second album. Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-The-Doo...AOSwJ4hY95H ~

As I said, who does this seller thinks he's kidding or fooling. I just thought I'd share. What do y'all think?

Old April 20th 17, 08:18 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Andy

Is this noodles at it again?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-The-Doo...SwJ4hY95H ~As I said, who does this seller thinks he's kidding or fooling. I justthought I'd share. What do y'all think?

Old April 20th 17, 10:12 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
frschoonover

On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 3:18:42 AM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
Is this noodles at it again?

No Andy, this isn't Charlie "Noodles" Nudo. Not this time. This is a seller who calls himself meeulk and he is located in Apex North Carolina. He also claims "Awesome Collector Audio Piece". The thing is that Some Girls, like most Rolling Stones 8-Track's of the mid to late 1970's are common as The Rolling Stones' studio albums up to 1981's Tattoo You, were million sellers and #1 in the USA, which means that they are common. I have Tattoo You on 8-Track in my own collection. This North Carolina seller is just someone who loves to set high prices on common tapes. I guess he took a page of the "Noodles" handbook on how to sell.

Speaking of Noodles, he is back to his old tricks again. He is again listing stuff that you can buy at a junkyard, antique store, junk shop, thrift store or flea market insanely high prices and adding insult to injury with "Free Shipping", when in reality, you're paying for the shipping in the price.. Here is a link to what he is selling in case if anyone here is curious:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/66-Catalina/..._sop=12&_rdc=1

Ta Ta For Now.

Old April 21st 17, 09:16 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Andy

Thanks for the entertainment the two of them will be caught some day i hope.
Makes the honist sellers look bad.

--
AL'S COMPUTERS

Old April 21st 17, 09:35 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
[email protected]

Below is the deck i own and still have got it for free from a local
radio station.
New belt is the only thing i ever replaced it it runs like the day it
it was new

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sony...142342820 894

Old April 27th 17, 10:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
imtheman

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 9:45:29 PM UTC-4, frschoonover wrote:
Fellow 8-Track Collectors and Enthusiasts

There is a seller on Ebay/Fraudbay selling a common 8-Track tape, falsely claiming it's rare, for almost $100.00 ($99.99). It is The Rolling Stones #1 US selling and platinum winning album Some Girls. Here's the link to the "Buy It Now" ad for this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152516922246

Who does this seller thinks they're kidding? This isn't rare, but very common. This seller must think that everybody is ignorant.

Frank, there are people who sell on sites like Ebay that rely on the ignorance of others in order to make a buck. The thing is that there will be people who will fall for it and then, they will later see that they were suckered into it when they discover that these types of 8-Tracks are common. It's simply greed taken to the extreme, that's all. It does take all kinds to fill the world, even though there are some kinds that we can do without.

He is also selling a pirated tape of The Doors Greatest Hits called Up To Date, which is also the name of The Partridge Family's second album. Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-The-Doo...AOSwJ4hY95H ~

As I said, who does this seller thinks he's kidding or fooling. I just thought I'd share. What do y'all think?

WOW! How original. I remember the Partridge Family album Up To Date. The thing is with bootleggers and pirates, they will simply recycle or reuse a name that is used from a legit release, such as the aforementioned Partridge Family album, to name something of theirs. Another case in point is the Led Zeppelin bootleg live album Hot August Night, which is a reusing of the title of a Neil Diamond live album also bearing that name. This simply shows that nothing is sacred. As I said, it takes all kinds to fill the world.

Just another day in the world of extreme greed.

Old April 28th 17, 02:20 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
frschoonover

http://www.ebay.com/sch/66-Catalina/..._sop=12&_rdc=1

I just re-checked Noodles Ebay things for sale page and he has removed two particular sales that he posted. They were both lots of 8-Track tapes that he was selling for $39.00 each. When I clicked on them, this is what it said on both:

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

Kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it. Maybe he changed his mind about selling them or maybe he didn't have any of these two lots for sale and removed them so nobody could call him out on it. I feel that the latter is true. Here are the links to the now no longer existing sales:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/29-pc-lot-8-... 142356875384

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-51-8-TRA... 142356875384

I wouldn't have bought these anyway, though I was tempted to do so. I simply closed them off to kill the temptation. As I said before and I will say again, I will never do business with this guy again. No way. No How.

Old April 28th 17, 10:55 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
imtheman

On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 9:20:39 PM UTC-4, frschoonover wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/66-Catalina/..._sop=12&_rdc=1

I just re-checked Noodles Ebay things for sale page and he has removed two particular sales that he posted. They were both lots of 8-Track tapes that he was selling for $39.00 each. When I clicked on them, this is what it said on both:

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

Kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it. Maybe he changed his mind about selling them or maybe he didn't have any of these two lots for sale and removed them so nobody could call him out on it. I feel that the latter is true.

Frank, I also think and feel that the latter is also true. Then again, this isn't the only time that Nudo did something like this. He has done it on many occasions. He is still selling cheap junk for unbelievably high prices and adding insult by offering "Free Shipping", when in reality, you're paying for the shipping in the price. Maybe one day, though I doubt it, he'll disappear.

I wouldn't have bought these anyway, though I was tempted to do so. I simply closed them off to kill the temptation. As I said before and I will say again, I will never do business with this guy again. No way. No How.

I don't blame you. I wouldn't have bought these either. Then again, there were some common ones in both of these lots, with some of them being record club editions. Wise way of killing temptation to buy from that resident con man and scam artist. I also don't blame you for choosing never to do business with him again after the way he treated you. He doesn't deserve someone like you as a customer. Again, I don't blame you for staying as far away from him as possible. Keep it up.

Old June 3rd 17, 12:26 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB[_7_]

I don't think this is Noodles. Fishing lures, cheap Wally-Fart toys
and the usual crap you'd find around the average trailer in NC isn't
Noodles' usual fare, although the overpriced 8 tracks carts sort of
remind me of him. I don't think we'll ever see Noodles pop up on
sleazeBay again....he got his comeuppance.

Old June 3rd 17, 12:41 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB[_8_]

wrote:

[...]

Yup, now THIS is classic Cholly Noodlez....rusted garbage for high
prices. I also note he's not selling very much of it at all. I
wonder what he dodes for food anymore, since GE fired him years
ago.....

very bad ebay seller. note.boy Coins 11 May 20th 07 04:43 PM
FA: Last Call-ebay goodies! Attic Sale General 0 October 23rd 05 03:42 PM
eBay Seller isn't sending me a total -- time to call? Bob Flaminio Coins 10 July 20th 05 02:14 PM
Ebay seller .... dahoov2 Autographs 11 April 23rd 04 10:00 AM
high end graded,gj more last call b4 they goto ebay Hockeygamers1 Hockey 1 November 13th 03 07:20 PM