Need Help with Rowe CD100 C

Old May 25th 12, 03:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Need Help with Rowe CD100 C

New to these CD jukeboxes so trying to learn.

Just ordered a manual but I do have one from a 100F which is close but
not exact.

My problem is the mech does not move at all. I put it into service
mode and push the button to make it rotate and nothing. I get a 5-63
error code. I cleared the code and it trys to play a CD but since the
mech doen't move it fails.

I just got this and it came with another CCC which I tried but no
help. I pulled the mech decoder unit and tried reflowing all solder
joints but no help, same results.

Any advice from here?

Also there is a single blue wire coming out of the amp just hanging
there, do I need to find where it goes?

There is no bill acceptor in it but its set on free play so assuming
that doesn't cause any issues.

Thanks for any help here.

Kitch
Old May 27th 12, 12:37 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On May 26, 12:31*am, wrote:
New to these CD jukeboxes so trying to learn.

Just ordered a manual but I do have one from a 100F which is close but
not exact.

My problem is the mech does not move at all. *I put it into service
mode and push the button to make it rotate and nothing. *I get a 5-63
error code. *I cleared the code and it trys to play a CD but since the
mech doen't move it fails.

I just got this and it came with another CCC which I tried but no
help. *I pulled the mech decoder unit and tried reflowing all solder
joints but no help, same results.

Any advice from here?

Also there is a single blue wire coming out of the amp just hanging
there, do I need to find where it goes?

Which plug ? the 6 way one at top back of amp ?
I think this is a "remote power" wire, and does nothing from what I
have seen.
Have yet to see a machine where this is actually used for anything.
Just goes from the plug up to the terminal strip where you connect the
remote
volume etc IIRC.

There is no bill acceptor in it but its set on free play so assuming
that doesn't cause any issues.

Thanks for any help here.

Kitch

05-63 means "rowelink communication lost".

At the bottom right of the CCC, you will find one or more 3 way
connectors with
orange and white wire coming out of each.

One of these should go to the mech control. This ROWELINK is in
reality a standard RS485 multidrop network
used to transfer data between the CCC and other units in the machine
and the ROWE 485 bus is designed to
have up to 8 devices hanging off in parallel., (though in other
applications you can go up to 255 or even more.)

These devices are CCC, Mech control, Bill acceptor, IR remote
interface, and up to 4 wallboxes
First disconnect the 485 plug from all devices other than the CCC and
mech control. If the machine now works, then
one of these is faulty and needs to be checked. There may be a short
on the line, especially if you have
a wallbox and one of its wires has been pierced when stapled to a wall
etc or a faulty processor in one
of these units that is forcing rubbish data onto the bus and
corrupting the communications for everything.

In normal use these devices are continuously queried one at a time by
the CCC (which is the master),
and when queried they will immediately reply with data, or if nothing
happening an acknowledgement that they still are connected.
Other data such as "selection playing" and maybe "most popular" info
are sent as "broadcasts" that are sent to everything at once, and not
replied to. (These of course are only needed by the wallboxes)

You will see a red LED marked "rowelink" on the CCC, and it should be
flickering constantly non stop
You will see a led marked "rowelink reply" or similar on the mech
control and this should do much the same.

IIRC the cancel button signal from the button on the mech goes from
the mech control as data back to the CCC via this 485 bus, and if it
is valid, and in service mode the CCC will then in return signal the
mech control VIA the 485 bus to turn the magazine. This lack of
rowelink
is why nothing is happening.

Check that the power is getting to both devices (LED's on)
Check that the RESET line is not being held low (or open circuit?) -
it is
in the same 6 way plug that takes power to the CCC and Mech control
it is the grey wire.

Check that the RS485 plugs are in properly, and the right way round,
and
also check the pins in the headers are ok and not broken. Resolder
the joints on the board
behind. Make sure that the wires are in the same position on both
ends, and is on the male.
header properly and not off to one side

Check for any sorts or foreign material across the lines, or shorts.

On each device, 75176 IC is used on the RS485 bus
it is an 8 pin device. (note there is a 555 as well that looks the
same but has nothing do with it)
check that data is coming in and out of it on both sides
using a logic probe and check that its getting its RW and Enable
signals.
pins 1,2,3 and 4 should pulse, and 6 and 7 should too if normal
communication
is occurring.

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn75176a.pdf

Old May 27th 12, 03:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On May 27, 6:37*am, kreed wrote:
On May 26, 12:31*am, wrote:

[...]

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn75176a.pdf- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for all this info, I will get into it once the holiday is past.

Kitch
Old May 31st 12, 03:45 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On May 27, 9:30*am, wrote:
On May 27, 6:37*am, kreed wrote:

On May 26, 12:31*am, wrote:

[...]

Kitch- Hide quoted text -

OK, got the manual and checked my voltages going into the mech/cont
and all are good. I get no voltages out going to the scan motor. I
cleared the error codes and having turned the mech off of home it
actually moved back to home and then errored out. So I know that the
optical switches are good, the motor is good, voltages are good and I
just need the signal to select a CD. The Rowelink signal works until
it errors out, I get a scan light on the mech/cont board but no
movement so I'm pretty confident that the is the problem. Going to
send it off to Bruce Wentworth for repair.
Thanks for the help.

Kitch
Old June 30th 12, 08:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On May 31, 9:45*am, wrote:
On May 27, 9:30*am, wrote:

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn7...pdf-Hidequoted text -

Thanks for all this info, I will get into it once the holiday is past.

Kitch- Hide quoted text -

OK, got the manual and checked my voltages going into the mech/cont
and all are good. *I get no voltages out going to the scan motor. *I
cleared the error codes and having turned the mech off of home it
actually moved back to home and then errored out. *So I know that the
optical switches are good, the motor is good, voltages are good and I
just need the signal to select a CD. *The Rowelink signal works until
it errors out, I get a scan light on the mech/cont board but no
movement so I'm pretty confident that the is the problem. *Going to
send it off to Bruce Wentworth for repair.
Thanks for the help.

Kitch- Hide quoted text -

OK its sort of fixed now thanks to Bruce Wentworth. Picks up and
returns CD's fine now but won't play one. I tried to initilize the
box and it went through that fine but now it says" not allowed" for
any selection so I'm assuming it doesn't "see" any of the CD's. At
this point I think the Cd Player is bad? Its a CDM3 Player. Any way
to check it out? Also a reasonably priced source for a replacement?

Thanks
Larry
Old June 30th 12, 11:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Saturday, May 26, 2012 12:31:24 AM UTC+10, (unknown) wrote:
[...]

Go through to the "initalise" in the menu and see how many discs are initialised. If 99 then its ok. If 0, then there is likely something wrong with the player or connections to it etc.

This is probably the best thing you can get to put an end to all your mechanism and player problems - unless you are using it commercially and need to use discs.

http://www.cdadapter.com/cd100mp.htm
Old July 1st 12, 10:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Jun 30, 5:17*pm, kreed wrote:
[...]

http://www.cdadapter.com/cd100mp.htm- Hide quoted text -

I think at this point I will part it out. I don't need it and I don't
want to spend any more on it so its going away. I can get the CDM3
repaired from Bruce for $130 or buy the cdadapter for almost $300.
Either of those with what I have already spent puts me over the limit
for the value of this box.

Thanks for the help

Kitch
Old July 5th 12, 03:07 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Monday, July 2, 2012 7:16:36 AM UTC+10, (unknown) wrote:
On Jun 30, 5:17*pm, kreed wrote:
[...]

One good thing with buying the CD adapter, is that the juke will work, and keep working long term, as everything else in the juke is very reliable, easy to get or repair, and these ROWE CD machines are still the best on the market commercially.

Rowe ami cd100 paulbilly Juke Boxes 1 December 9th 06 03:01 PM
Will a display from a rowe cd100 fit a Rowe cd-51? BriMc Juke Boxes 1 January 23rd 05 02:46 AM
Rowe CD100 Help Jeff Baker Juke Boxes 3 October 6th 04 07:56 PM
Rowe CD100 Help Jeff Baker Juke Boxes 7 July 26th 04 05:17 PM
Rowe CD100 Question Dave Wright Juke Boxes 1 January 2nd 04 03:58 AM