John Heartfield...

Old May 11th 09, 08:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jan Doggen

Default John Heartfield...

.... was honored on a DDR stamp, see the bottom of this article.
http://www.quazen.com/Arts/Visual-Ar...rtfield.702053

I had never heard of him yet, but he was a brave cartoonist so to see..

Bye
Jan

================================================== ======================================
http://www.jandoggen.org http://www.beautyofpeople.com
http://www.puddingclub.nl

Old May 11th 09, 09:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Jan Doggen" wrote in message
... was honored on a DDR stamp, see the bottom of this article.
http://www.quazen.com/Arts/Visual-Ar...rtfield.702053

I had never heard of him yet, but he was a brave cartoonist so to see..

Yes, quite interesting. I was intrigued that he "was honored on a DDR stamp"
but I found quickly why.

"His art is art in Lenin's sense for it is a weapon in the revolutionary
struggle of the proletariat." Louis Aragon. The link is above.

This anti-Nazi fighter went after the war to... DDR, and then to the (East)
Berlin.

"Am 31. August 1950 kehrte Heartfield über Prag nach Deutschland zurück und
ging in die DDR, wo er bis 1956 in Leipzig lebte...
1956 zog Heartfield nach Berlin und..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Heartfield

And mo
"A pacifist and Marxist, Herzfelde, changed his name to John Heartfield in
1916 in protest against German nationalism.
After the war Heartfield joined the newly formed German Communist Party
(KPD) and over the next fifteen years produces designs and posters for the
organization."
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/FWWheartfield.htm

Not a brave fighter for liberty, just a member of a gang who fought another
one...

--
Victor Manta

Old May 12th 09, 02:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Interesting, thanks Jan.

....and a postage stamp achieves its dual purpose.

Old May 12th 09, 08:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"rodney" wrote in message
Interesting, thanks Jan.

...and a postage stamp achieves its dual purpose.

Indeed, and this purpose is: Never forget all of them, all those who ruined
Germany and a big part of the world during the 20th century!

--
Victor Manta

1925 booklet JOHN FRITZ medal to JOHN FRANK STEVENS Ebayer General 0 April 13th 07 09:36 PM
Hey John Winnard... R. White 8 Track Tapes 11 December 14th 05 12:25 AM
Thanks John! Wes Chormicle Coins 0 November 23rd 05 01:30 AM
PING: John N saved92 Coins 0 June 20th 05 06:09 AM
John Dunning Monboddo Books 1 March 15th 05 05:50 AM