How to protect your coins against thieves ???

Old November 15th 05, 10:30 AM
Eliot Coweye

Default How to protect your coins against thieves ???

How do you protect your coins against thieves ?

I have a very good shotgun, an old tank in my garage and mines around
my house.

What do you do to protect your coins ?

Old November 15th 05, 03:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

ups.com...

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ci...ing=d& hl=en&

Old November 15th 05, 03:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Safe deposit boxes!

oly

Old November 15th 05, 04:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,brasil.unix

On 15 Nov 2005 02:30:04 -0800, Eliot Coweye wrote:
How do you protect your coins against thieves ?

They stay in the vault. It's a very nice room, they're comfortable
there.

I have a very good shotgun, an old tank in my garage and mines around
my house. What do you do to protect your coins ?

I'd rather not detail it, but suffice it to say, it's easier and safer
for them to go elsewhere.

Old November 15th 05, 05:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,brasil.unix

Collect foreign coins!
It seems theives do not like world coins. When my home was broken in
to all the scumbags took was 1 3-ring book and a breif case of US coins
and left my mountain of foreign coins scattered across the room. Losers
like this typically wont steal what they know they cant easily get rid
of, and if they do take it many times it is easier to find.

Sean Moffatt

Old November 15th 05, 06:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

oly wrote:

Safe deposit boxes!

oly

And coin insurance.

JAM
Old November 15th 05, 08:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,brasil.unix

How do you protect your coins against thieves ?

What do you do to protect your coins ?

Anything you can think of is known:

Under the insulation in the attic...
On a ledge attached to basement floor joists...
In a carpet slit under the bed...
In a sock in a drawer...
Taped to the bottom of a drawer...
Hung inside a heater vent...
Behind the bathroom medicine case...
Inside an appliance...
Inside an overhead light globe with no bulbs...
In a coat pocket hung in the closet...
In a hollowed out door...
Under the back covering of a picture or mirror...
In a wall...
In the floor...
In a safe...
And of course buried in the backyard...

Old November 15th 05, 09:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,brasil.unix

"A You" wrote in message
.. .
How do you protect your coins against thieves ?

What do you do to protect your coins ?

Anything you can think of is known:

Under the insulation in the attic...
On a ledge attached to basement floor joists...
In a carpet slit under the bed...
In a sock in a drawer...
Taped to the bottom of a drawer...
Hung inside a heater vent...
Behind the bathroom medicine case...
Inside an appliance...
Inside an overhead light globe with no bulbs...
In a coat pocket hung in the closet...
In a hollowed out door...
Under the back covering of a picture or mirror...
In a wall...
In the floor...
In a safe...
And of course buried in the backyard...

I keep mine is a slightly different Space-Time-Continuum phase shift ;-)
You have to grab them just before you do or they ain't there.
Works great unless you want to look at them often as the shock
of changing phases gives a horrible headache.

Or you could sneak into your neighbors house and hide them there or

Buy a several thousand pound safe that you build into the building

or a bank safe deposit

or keep them at home with lots of insurance specifically for coins.

or do what I really do but I ain't tellin :-)

Dale

Old November 15th 05, 10:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

wrote:

How do you protect your coins against thieves ?

I have a very good shotgun, an old tank in my garage and mines around
my house.

What do you do to protect your coins ?

Safe Deposit Box at my local bank........

Gary

Old November 23rd 05, 06:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default TROLL ALERT: How to protect your coins against thieves ???

In article . com,
Eliot Coweye wrote:
How do you protect your coins against thieves ?

I have a very good shotgun, an old tank in my garage and mines around
my house.

What do you do to protect your coins ?

Please consider NOT RESPONDING to this attempted thread. If you must, then
remove his tracking newsgroup and trophy case, brasil.unix, from
the NEWSGROUPS line (or whatever it takes with _your_ newsreader to prevent
crossposting).

Every month or so, using a fictitious name, this troll floods 5000
newsgroups (all cross-posted to one or more low-traffic but unrelated
"scorecard" newsgroups) with superficially relevant comments. The
purpose is to disrupt with off-topic crosspostings. Browse the
brasil.unix newsgroup, his current score card, for the
"big picture" on the person you are replying to.

this group is for megalomaniac trolls and spambots only who like
to terrorize the usenet.

Only fans of George W.Bush are allowed to post here, because we are
fans of his greatness, Lord Bush.

Atheists, heretics and witches are not allowed to post here and will
be burned at the stake!

He is known as the "anagram troll" because his fictitious names are often
discovered to be anagrams:

Eliot Coweye ----- Wilee Coyote
Gerry Lintonice ----- Nitroglycerine
Tristan Beeline ----- Albert Einstein
Winnie Oakbob ----- Obi-wan Kenobi
Paul Eisner ----- Super Alien
Tom-Alex Soorhull ----- Homosexual Troll
Lester T. Linpord ----- President Troll
Karl Reitlos ----- Kaiser Troll
Rick Stoll ----- Sick Troll
Karl-Hugo Weesberg ----- George Walker Bush
Hans-Marc Olsen ----- Charles Manson
Eric Coldo ----- Crocodile
G.K. Konnig ----- King Kong
Brian Raab ----- Barbarian
Pablo Rena ----- Anal Probe
Patrick Kain ----- Captain Kirk
Alberto Panno-Peano ----- Napoleon Bonaparte
Ted Harvard ----- Darth Vader
Faith Dorell ----- Adolf Hitler
Leah Lidtorf ----- Adolf Hitler
Ralf Dieholt ----- Adolf Hitler
Blaine Adamson ----- Osama Bin-Laden
Adam Ben Nalois ----- Osama Bin-Laden
Shane D. Maudiss ----- Sadam Hussein
Keith J. Crapper ----- Jack The Ripper
Stan J. Lefosi ----- Josef Stalin
Evan-Josh Roose ----- Jason Voorhees
Bruno Beam ----- Unabomber
Dan Simper ----- Spiderman

Other aliases he has used:

Charles Immey
Harlan Osier

I'm the evil anagram troll and I like to create persons with names
which are anagrams of something stupid.

This would be a good idea for a screenplay, because people can try to
find out the anagrams ...

Like all trolls, he means to annoy and disrupt. The tracking newsgroup is
the way he "keeps score" of how much damage he has caused. Don't put
yourself on display in his trophy case.

Google groups (the service the troll uses to post) has already expressed
that will not take action based on complaints about this type of behavior.

.:\:/:.
+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / \

Coin Books Dale Hallmark Coins 2 February 15th 04 08:03 PM
Counterfeit detection primer -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 51 February 15th 04 12:36 AM
Counterfeit detection primer -- periodic post Jim Coins 19 November 17th 03 05:37 AM
Framework for issue of euro commemorative coins Arwel Parry Coins 2 October 26th 03 10:13 AM