Newbie question.

Old March 13th 12, 08:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Billns

Default [META] On bickering and throwing stones. Was: Newbie question.

On 3/13/2012 8:29 AM, Victor Manta wrote:
"Sir F.A. Rien" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 07:59:52 -0500, "Nick Knight" "
sharpened a crayon and wrote:

In , on 03/12/2012
at 11:48 PM, "Victor Manta" said:

Anyway, our hobby here in RCSD is stamp collecting. We cling to it
and to
our charter, and for this reason our level of bickering is low.

Yes, we all know how quick you are off the mark!

Amazing how you can blow things far above what they really were!

I wonder how can Sir F.A. Rien know how the things really are. Could he
understand the _obscene_ e-mail address that started the polemics, one
that is then multiplied by _unsuspecting_ posters? I doubt.

Has he approved the style and contents of the united front of RCC
partners, well experienced in "bickering" and exporting it to RCSD?
Possibly.

Or is he anyway fishing in troubled waters? Probably.

The usual thanks for support from the main bickerer will follow soon. I
suppose.

Disclaimer: my postings doesn't imply anything negative about the coin
collectors and their hobby. I met in time several very serious, well
educated and polite coin collectors, who deeply impressed me by their
knowledge and manners.

Moderator, please close this thread.
Oh, there are no moderators here. Pity!

Bill
Old March 13th 12, 10:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Billns" wrote in message

Moderator, please close this thread.
Oh, there are no moderators here. Pity!

For those who want to be moderated there is, for example:

http://www.stamporama.com/

There such a thread would be deleted before the 4th posting, because this
one were sent to the moderator(s) and not to the ng.

It would contain the translation of the obscene and racist e-mail address
used by the first poster.

--
Victor

Old March 14th 12, 01:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Nick Knight[_2_]

In , on 03/13/2012
at 11:29 AM, "Victor Manta" said:

Disclaimer: my postings doesn't imply anything negative about the coin
collectors and their hobby

No, it just proves you are a dick. I've seen it before from you, but
tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, just because I know you're an
old time "regular" here. Whatever very little that means.

In rcc, I've permanently kill-filed more than a handful of idiots.
Usually folks who go on and on about what's right, while they
hypocritically violate their own crap. In short: you remind me so much
of Phil.

So, yes, apparently there are many similarities between the rcc old timers
and the ones here. I'm happy to reuse my favorite solution from there,
when "these types" show up. I'll give you more exclusiveness with your
inner circle.

plonk

Nick

"What if somebody continuously wanked on about some charter, but nobody
listened?"

Old March 14th 12, 05:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien

I wonder how can Sir F.A. Rien know how the things really are. Could he
understand the _obscene_ e-mail address that started the polemics, one
that is then multiplied by _unsuspecting_ posters? I doubt.

Sorry, but what I saw did not include that, but it seemed more of
Victor's usual immediate ranting upon anything I migh say that he can
twist.

My presumption was that he transferred from my comment on tit-for-tat
linking over to yet another message thread - something he does quite
well.

The usual thanks for support from the main bickerer will follow soon. I
suppose.

Fortunately I know how to ues killfiles so I don't see VM's bickering.

Now back to helping those with queries on GB. Thankfully most serious
collectors have my direct addy so it's not 'taking up space' needed by
alyn and VM.

Old March 14th 12, 06:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Alyn

Wow, nice way to bring me up here. You must work wonders at garden parties with all your serious collector friends.

You typify the arrogance that is associated with many 'serious collectors'. I didn't contribute to this discussion because I don't read Romanian, and somebody else answered the original question.

I suppose that if I had placed a email address of or gogutakesitupthe@ss we all would be OK because that wasn't the original intent or question.

I love that those who feel it is their god given right to insult and malign love to complain just as much as those they claim are complaining.

Old March 14th 12, 06:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Alyn

On Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:20:10 PM UTC-4, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

collectors have my direct addy so it's not 'taking up space' needed by
alyn and VM.

And I was mentioned why? Are you not now doing exactly what you accuse Victor of.
Old March 14th 12, 06:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_9_]

? "Alyn" ?????? ??? ??????

I didn't contribute to this discussion because I don't read Romanian, and
somebody else answered the original question.
I suppose that if I had placed a email address of
or gogutakesitupthe@ss we all would be OK because that wasn't the original
intent or question.

That's right, this is *exactly* the point!
It doesn't matter the address (which may be there for obvious reasons) in an
obsolete language but the ***content*** of the posting!
My question was answered gracefully by a poster and I'm thankful for that,
that's how decent people behave!
The rest is V.M's desire for flames and control over who should post here or
not.
We've seen such a behavior in other groups, we will see it again; it's
typical of bitter people and of Usenet, nothing new.
So I'm asking you all once again: please let's stop this thread here, let's
don't play V.M's flames play, let him alone insulting like a 5th grade!
It's not worth!

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/golanule/
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Old March 15th 12, 06:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
John Tollan[_2_]

If you want an intelligent discussion with no flaming, and answers from
knowledgeable, helpful and polite philatelists please consider joining
http://www.stampboards.com/
It has (as of today) 7828 members from all over the world - Gold medal
winning exhibitors, FIP judges, and 'simple' collectors like myself etc.
etc. No question is regarded as too basic or silly. All are treated with
respect!
It would appear that this group, along with
rec.collecting.postal-history is dead in the water. RIP

John
Old March 15th 12, 02:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_9_]

? "John Tollan" ?????? ??? ??????
ond.com...
If you want an intelligent discussion with no flaming, and answers from
knowledgeable, helpful and polite philatelists please consider joining
http://www.stampboards.com/
It has (as of today) 7828 members from all over the world - Gold medal
winning exhibitors, FIP judges, and 'simple' collectors like myself etc.
etc. No question is regarded as too basic or silly. All are treated with
respect!

That's exactly what every decent (new) collector asks for.
Simple, understandable, concise answers!
No constipated people who regard themselves as the gurus of a (public) group
or the Iranian Moral Police!!!
People who instead of talking stamps prefer to discuss their frustrations...

It would appear that this group, along with rec.collecting.postal-history
is dead in the water. RIP

Thank you for the link John, most useful, I'll certainly give it a try!!
You are right, constipated people and flamers like V.M have destroyed such
nice Usenet collecting groups...
What can I say, it's a pity but...this is life.
But it seems flamers haven't one;-)))

Old March 15th 12, 04:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:21:06 -0700 (PDT), Alyn
sharpened a crayon and wrote:

I love that those who feel it is their god given right to insult and malign love to complain just as much as those they claim are complaining.

Especially as you can not actually -=comprehend=- what was said!
Do you have an automatic 'partial snipper' to slant everything against
you? If you don't, ask VM, he has a masterful program to do just that.

Sad that you've taken a valid comment and allowed your paranoia to
turn it into what you believe is a personal attack. Might I ask you to
review the fact that it was you resorting to calling names to 'prove'
your status? G

Newbie Question Newbie Coins 1 September 20th 09 05:36 AM
NEWBIE question dan Yemiola Coins 4 May 1st 05 02:52 AM
NEWBIE question,,,, Jeff Landon Coins 20 April 16th 05 01:09 AM
Newbie question Brian Oakley General Discussion 2 December 23rd 04 04:19 PM
Newbie question Anyan Breth Coins 13 January 31st 04 06:08 AM