Good morning fellow ANA members

Old October 7th 11, 04:06 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Greg Lyon

Default Good morning fellow ANA members

This was released by the ANA this afternoon:

Following is a statement issued Thursday, Oct. 6, by the American Numismatic
Association Board of Governors in response to recent statements by former
ANA Executive Director Larry Shepherd.

"The former ANA Executive Director and others recently released statements
regarding his termination. The Governors of the American Numismatic
Association have made every effort to take the high road and not air a
private personnel matter. We thought it best to promptly move on.

The ANA declines to disclose those matters because they involve other
personnel or third-parties outside the ANA. The decisions to first suspend
then terminate Mr. Shepherd were not 'political,' nor made in haste. They
were made after a review of the facts and with careful deliberation.

Mr. Shepherd subsequently hired legal counsel who suggested that the ANA has
defamed him. The ANA has not defamed Mr. Shepherd and, in fact, carefully
avoided making any statements in an effort to avoid a rancorous, public
discussion on personnel matters which are normally best left private.

Mr. Shepherd's attorney directed the ANA to have no contact with him, and
the ANA honored that request. Yet, despite that directive from his attorney,
Mr. Shepherd has contacted ANA Board members, as did his new employer,
Harlan J. Berk, Ltd. In addition, Berk issued a news release that is
disparaging and denigrating to the ANA, based on opinion, not fact.

The ANA considerately stated that the employment relationship with Mr.
Shepherd had 'ended' to specifically avoid a public announcement that he was
fired. Berk's release stated Shepherd was fired. The ANA now confirms that
Mr. Shepherd's employment was terminated, and in view of all of the factual
information reviewed by the Board, correctly so.

This was not a decision that resulted from new Governors coming on board,
but it was reviewed by both the outgoing Board and the newly elected Board
in an unprecedented joint session. All 12 Governors concluded that it was
appropriate that Mr. Shepherd be placed on leave while the matter was under
review. After this review, termination followed.

Governor and Past President Clifford Mishler has succinctly summed up the
ANA's thoughts on this matter:

"Having participated as a board member in both the hiring and termination of
Larry Shepherd as Executive Director of the American Numismatic Association,
I want to express my deep disappointment that a relationship that commenced
with great optimism has concluded on such a sour note. In both instances the
decisions were unanimous. Unfortunately, a commitment which commenced with
great promise, transitioned into one of such great disappointment.

Ultimately, the Board lost confidence in Mr. Shepherd as the ANA Executive
Director."

It is most unfortunate that Mr. Shepherd has resorted to a public discussion
that the ANA cannot comment upon, instead of moving forward in a dignified
manner. We are deeply saddened by his decision. Rather than dwell on past
mistakes, the ANA will move forward and fulfill its educational mission to
serve the best interests of the entire numismatic community.

-------------------------
Greg Lyon
ANA Board of Governors 2011-2013

The views represented here are my own personal opinions and do not represent
those of the American Numismatic Association.
"Cole De Sac" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 07:50:20 -0700, "Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke"
wrote:

Just wanted to remind all those who subscribe or
have cross posted to the RCC group that we
are all members now. Don't **** up or you'll
face sanctions.

BTW - I haven't received my magazine yet.

I haven't received my magazine also. How do I avoid these sanctions as
I do not know proper ANA posting protocols? This is so unfair!

Old October 7th 11, 03:05 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Mark[_14_]

Executive Director Shepherd was railroaded. How do we know what evidence
was had against him? Where did the "facts" come from? Disgruntled
employees or former employees? Those that didn't like progressive change?
Those with an ax to grind? What facts? What evidence? Who got paid off to
smear Larry? Maybe 12 people did hear some evidence, but it was not a
trial and not in an environment that was a court of law, guaranteeing
a fair an impartial trial as provided by the constitution. Larry had
no chance to defend himself against these so called facts. I shall work
to defeat all current members of the ANA board of governors.
Old October 7th 11, 05:06 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
PeterD

On 10/7/2011 10:05 AM, Mark wrote:
Executive Director Shepherd was railroaded. How do we know what evidence
was had against him? Where did the "facts" come from? Disgruntled
employees or former employees? Those that didn't like progressive change?
Those with an ax to grind? What facts? What evidence? Who got paid off to
smear Larry? Maybe 12 people did hear some evidence, but it was not a
trial and not in an environment that was a court of law, guaranteeing
a fair an impartial trial as provided by the constitution. Larry had
no chance to defend himself against these so called facts. I shall work
to defeat all current members of the ANA board of governors.

Well, there was that meeting at Waffle House, early one morning. He had
his chance, but did he show?

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Old October 7th 11, 05:38 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Wes Darrah

I have been reading Larry Shepherd's comments on the PCGS message board. He
was willing to take a lie detector test to prove he did nothing wrong and
the ANA board TURNED HIM DOWN! . Would the ANA board be willing to do the
same? There was not even a trial held to prove Larry's guilt. This is how
things are done in communist countries, but this is America, and people are
INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

Old October 7th 11, 05:46 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Some Guy[_2_]

LS is not on trial by the government, he got canned from his job with the ANA
for reason or reasons unknown.
If he had an employment contract, he has recourse to the civil courts.

Old October 7th 11, 06:44 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Some Guy" wrote in message
LS is not on trial by the government, he got canned from his job with the
ANA for reason or reasons unknown.
If he had an employment contract, he has recourse to the civil courts.

Personnel matters aside, I believe we can still go on collecting coins as
always regardless of the ANA's dirty laundry.

Old October 7th 11, 06:49 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Oct 7, 12:44*pm, "Bremick" wrote:
"Some Guy" wrote in message

LS is not on trial by the government, he got canned from his job with the
ANA for reason or reasons unknown.
If he had an employment contract, he has recourse to the civil courts.

Personnel matters aside, I believe we can still go on collecting coins as
always regardless of the ANA's dirty laundry.

What's put a dent in my coin collecting is the high price of silver.
Not stopped it mind you, but when $25 world silver crowns go to $50 as
fast as they did, you gotta re-evaluate a bit.

I've been a quick critic of the ANA in the past, but it looks like
they've handled this one about right.

oly
Old October 7th 11, 07:08 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
PeterD

On 10/7/2011 1:44 PM, Bremick wrote:
"Some wrote in message
LS is not on trial by the government, he got canned from his job with the
ANA for reason or reasons unknown.
If he had an employment contract, he has recourse to the civil courts.

Personnel matters aside, I believe we can still go on collecting coins as
always regardless of the ANA's dirty laundry.

Uh, shouldn't that be dirty Larry?

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Old October 7th 11, 07:26 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
clamz

"Some wrote in message
LS is not on trial by the government, he got canned from his job with
the
ANA for reason or reasons unknown.
If he had an employment contract, he has recourse to the civil courts.

Personnel matters aside, I believe we can still go on collecting coins as
always regardless of the ANA's dirty laundry.

Uh, shouldn't that be dirty Larry?

--

Not any longer, Frank took him to the cleaners.

Old October 7th 11, 09:18 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Some wrote in message
LS is not on trial by the government, he got canned from his job with
the
ANA for reason or reasons unknown.
If he had an employment contract, he has recourse to the civil courts.

Personnel matters aside, I believe we can still go on collecting coins as
always regardless of the ANA's dirty laundry.

Uh, shouldn't that be dirty Larry?

Ha, could be. Makes for some fun discussion, I guess, but otherwise I don't
see its impact at the collector level, with or without Larry.

Really good deals from an honest fellow on Ebay Capnbidwell[_2_] Coins 0 December 5th 10 12:39 AM
discount on needles to fellow group members jukebox man Juke Boxes 3 March 2nd 08 05:29 PM
A little good will toward your fellow man (or woman) will yield POSITIVE RESULTS! end1ess Paper Money 0 January 28th 07 03:40 AM
Non ANA Members Jorg Lueke Coins 33 October 27th 04 04:07 AM
PR: ANA Honors 75-,60- and 50-Year Members and Clubs in Baltimore ANA Coins 0 August 6th 03 07:46 PM