HOLIDAY SWAP suggestions

Old October 29th 03, 04:44 AM
BobbyShaw

Default HOLIDAY SWAP suggestions

I posted earlier trying to get info from previous swap coordinators, but I
found all my old information, and believe I'm quite ready to handle my hosting
duties this year (but if any previous coordinators want to give me some advice,
things to avoid, etc.. I'm all ears!)

Anyways, I want to get some preliminary idea of how big it's going to be this
year, plus see if anyone wants to make any changes this year. For all the
people who have not been around since last year this time, you have not seen
the GREAT ANNUAL RCC HOLIDAY SWAP -- If I did my research correctly, I believe
this is the 7TH YEAR for the swap. But, basically, there are swap categories
that you put your name into, and then you will be randomly matched up with
another RCC'er in that category, mailing information exchanged, and then you
mail coins that match (or exceed) the dollar value of the swap category you
chose.

In 2000 and 2001, we had these categories:

US Coins - $5.00, $10.00, $20.00
World Coins - $5.00, $10.00, $20.00
Potpourri (misc category) - $5.00, $10.00, $20.00

Last year (2002), it was chaged slightly to:

U.S. Coins: Under $10, Between $10-$25, Over $25.
World Coins: Under $10, Between $10.-25, Over $25.

So, right now, I'm going to ask for any suggestions for categories, dollar
amounts, plus simply responses that you would like to participate (no need to
choose categories now). I went through the thread from a few weeks ago, and
made a list of people who responded (some of these were not quite "I'm in"
messages, so if you see your name and AREN'T participating, let me know as
well:

Alan & Erin Williams
Art O'Connell
ASNOVELL
Bobby Shaw
Chrysta Wilson
Craton
David Hope
Ed Hendricks
Eric Babula
George D
Jim (jstonefeel)
John LeMay
Jorg Lueke
Larry Louks
Mike Hairfield
Sarepta

Thanks everybody!
Robert Shaw
--
Does olive oil really help with corroded coins? Check out my experiment at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/o...xperiment.html
Old October 29th 03, 04:59 AM
Nooker

Bobby,
I missed the thread a while back, but count me in for this year's swap.

I like the categories from last year, but you may also want to add a paper
money category. I know it's not r.c.p-m, but we do have many "dual"
collectors.

Mark (nooker)

Old October 29th 03, 05:17 AM
BobbyShaw

Bobby,
I missed the thread a while back, but count me in for this year's swap.

I like the categories from last year, but you may also want to add a paper
money category. I know it's not r.c.p-m, but we do have many "dual"
collectors.

Mark (nooker)

Ok! I've added you to the list of tentative participants. Actually paper
money would have, in the past, been included into the "potpourri" category. I
didn't want to throw *too* much detail into that first message, but in the
past, that category was described as such:

Potpourri: This is the true surprise catagory! This may include any
of the above, plus Paper Money, exonumia, art bars, rounds, supplies, and
anything else I've forgotten.

I honestly don't know why we didn't have the potpourri category last year... I
don't know if it was heavily participated in past years, so it may have been
dropped off. But, if there seems to be enough interest in it, we can certainly
add it back this year (maybe condense it to one or two price categories only,
depending on interest).

Robert Shaw
Old October 29th 03, 08:07 AM
Wheeler

BobbyShaw wrote:

I posted earlier trying to get info from previous swap coordinators, but I
found all my old information, and believe I'm quite ready to handle my hosting
duties this year (but if any previous coordinators want to give me some advice,
things to avoid, etc.. I'm all ears!)

I was not involved in the swap last year but I watched and wished
that I would have been. As people was posting what they were
receiving, I felt like a little kid reading those posts!
I will not miss it this year. So count me in.

=====================
Wheeler.... (Roscoe)

"We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out."
Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962.
Old October 29th 03, 01:12 PM
Ed Hendricks

"BobbyShaw" wrote in message

Potpourri: This is the true surprise catagory! This may include any
of the above, plus Paper Money, exonumia, art bars, rounds,
supplies, and anything else I've forgotten.

I honestly don't know why we didn't have the potpourri category last
year... I don't know if it was heavily participated in past years,
so it may have been dropped off. But, if there seems to be enough
interest in it, we can certainly add it back this year (maybe
condense it to one or two price categories only, depending on
interest).

Robert Shaw

I like the following catagories with the above definition of Potpourri:

U.S. Coins: Under $10, Between $10-$25, Over $25
World Coins: Under $10, Between $10-$25, Over $25
Potpourri: Under $10, Between $10-$25, Over $25

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621

Old October 29th 03, 01:16 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On 29 Oct 2003 04:44:15 GMT, (BobbyShaw) is alleged to have
written:

I'm in!

Bruce

Old October 29th 03, 01:16 PM
Doggo

"Wheeler" wrote in message
BobbyShaw wrote:

I posted earlier trying to get info from previous swap coordinators,

but I
found all my old information, and believe I'm quite ready to handle my

hosting
duties this year (but if any previous coordinators want to give me some

advice,
things to avoid, etc.. I'm all ears!)

I was not involved in the swap last year but I watched and wished
that I would have been. As people was posting what they were
receiving, I felt like a little kid reading those posts!
I will not miss it this year. So count me in.

=====================
Wheeler.... (Roscoe)

"We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out."
Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962.

I felt exactly like Wheeler, so please sign me up.

Thanks,
Ed (Doggo)

Old October 29th 03, 02:05 PM
George D

BobbyShaw wrote:
[...]

Of course I am in I think I am a charter member and charter members are not allowed to get
out.

I would like to know what the group thinks about round robin partners instead of exchange
partners. That is, if I choose category a, I send to bill, bill sends to charlie, charlie
sends to harry, and harry sends to me. That is how it was done the first year that I was
in and it seemed to work at least as well as exchange partners. If nothing else I would
like a different person in each category, that is someone different in category a than the
person i send to in b.

Clear as mud?

JMHO

--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

"A Native American grandfather was talking to his grandson about how he
felt. He said, I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One
wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one. The other wolf is the loving,
compassionate one. The grandson asked him, Which wolf will win the
fight in your heart? The grandfather answered, The one I feed."

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.

Old October 29th 03, 02:57 PM
Ed Hendricks

"George D" wrote in message

Of course I am in I think I am a charter member and charter members
are not allowed to get out.

I would like to know what the group thinks about round robin partners
instead of exchange partners. That is, if I choose category a, I send
to bill, bill sends to charlie, charlie sends to harry, and harry
sends to me. That is how it was done the first year that I was in and
it seemed to work at least as well as exchange partners. If nothing
else I would like a different person in each category, that is
someone different in category a than the person i send to in b.

Clear as mud?

JMHO

--
George D

I agree, George. I, too, would like a different exchange partner for each
category if possible. As far as the "round robin".......doesn't matter.

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621

Old October 29th 03, 03:06 PM