Do any coins feature stamps.

Old July 6th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Eisenhauer

Default Do any coins feature stamps.

Hello All

Do any coins have stamps on them. I also collect stamps, and some of them
have coins as the theme.

Reid

Old July 7th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough

On Jul 6, 6:23*pm, "Reid Eisenhauer" wrote:

Do any coins have stamps on them. I also collect stamps, and some of them
have coins as the theme.

Don't know the answer to your question, but I also collect stamps, and
paper money, that feature coins, in my case those coin series I
specialize in. Have stamps and notes that feature among others ancient
Athenian Owls and Alexander the Great coins. Interesting sidelight, I
think.

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Consumer:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Counterfeit: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos
Old July 7th 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
longnine009

"Reid Eisenhauer" wrote in message
Hello All

Do any coins have stamps on them. I also collect stamps, and some of them
have coins as the theme.

Reid

http://www.pobjoy.com/usa/section.php/184/0

Out-source the federal reserve.

Suggested contractor: Any caterpillar sitting on a mushroom smoking
a hookah pipe.

Old July 7th 08, 03:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edwin Johnston

Reid Eisenhauer wrote:
Hello All

Do any coins have stamps on them. I also collect stamps, and some of
them have coins as the theme.

Reid

The UK did a Penny Black, IIRC.
Old July 7th 08, 05:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
1787[_2_]

"Edwin Johnston" wrote in message
Reid Eisenhauer wrote:
Hello All

Do any coins have stamps on them. I also collect stamps, and some of them
have coins as the theme.

Reid

The UK did a Penny Black, IIRC.

The Penny Black that others have mentioned is the only one I know of. You
may find "encased postage stamps" interesting. They are very rare and quite
expensive.

http://www.arago.si.edu/index.asp?co...e=&tid=2036357

W.