More valuable than I knew

Old March 3rd 04, 01:01 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Default More valuable than I knew

Is this coin:

Alan
'168 x and rising'
Old March 3rd 04, 01:11 PM
Larry Louks

Alan & Erin Williams wrote:
Is this coin:

Alan
'168 x and rising'

Wow! Someone REALLY wants that quarter, don't they? I had no idea that such
a coin commanded such a price!

Larry
'surprises are out there'

Old March 3rd 04, 02:35 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:01:57 GMT, Alan & Erin Williams
is alleged to have written:

Is this coin:

Alan
'168 x and rising'

I know that some clad quarters are REALLY difficult to find nice. nobody saved
them, few rolls were put back, most all of the nice specimens come from mint
sets.

Maybe the 83-D is one of the ones where even the mint sets looked ugly. I got a
couple of mint sets like that, where the quarter and the dime are just plain
crappy.

Bruce

Old March 3rd 04, 02:44 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Bruce Hickmott wrote:

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:01:57 GMT, Alan & Erin Williams
is alleged to have written:

Is this coin:

Alan
'168 x and rising'

I know that some clad quarters are REALLY difficult to find nice. nobody saved
them, few rolls were put back, most all of the nice specimens come from mint
sets.

Maybe the 83-D is one of the ones where even the mint sets looked ugly. I got a
couple of mint sets like that, where the quarter and the dime are just plain
crappy.

Bruce

I think the biggest thing working for this slab is that no Mint Sets
were issued that year. ;-) I'm just a little surprised that 20 years on,
it's been decided that an MS-65 is worth more than 168x face....

Alan
'617,806,446'
Old March 3rd 04, 03:04 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:44:47 GMT, Alan & Erin Williams
is alleged to have written:

Bruce Hickmott wrote:

[...]

If there were no mint sets that year, that coin might well be a bargain. Try to
find one nicer!

Bruce

Old March 3rd 04, 03:14 PM
Eric Babula

Bruce Hickmott wrote in
:

Bruce Hickmott wrote:

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:01:57 GMT, Alan & Erin Williams
is alleged to have written:

Is this coin:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=39463&item
=3900190441

[...]

pcgs.com is listing that coin at $10.00. The auction currently sits at
$56.83! Maybe it's a bargain - maybe not.

You guys can have it.

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Old March 3rd 04, 03:46 PM
Phil DeMayo

Bruce Hickmott wrote:

Maybe the 83-D is one of the ones where even the mint sets
looked ugly. I got a couple of mint sets like that, where the quarter
and the dime are just plain crappy.

Bruce....there were no Mint Sets in 1982 or 1983. Souvenir sets from those
years usually do pretty well on eBay.

++++++++++
Phil DeMayo - always here for my fellow Stooge
When bidding online always sit on your helmet
Just say NO to counterfeits
Old March 3rd 04, 03:53 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On 03 Mar 2004 14:14:19 GMT, Eric Babula is alleged to have
written:

Bruce Hickmott wrote in
:

Bruce Hickmott wrote:

[...]

there are a number of coins priced at PCGS.COM that I consider woefully
underpriced. The market thinks so, too.

Does this coin deserve to be one of the underpriced? Dunno. Only way to tell is
to try to find a nicer one.

Bruce

Old March 3rd 04, 03:56 PM
Eric Babula

Bruce Hickmott wrote in
:

On 03 Mar 2004 14:14:19 GMT, Eric Babula is
alleged to have written:

Bruce Hickmott wrote in
m:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...egory=39463&it
[...]

I agree that there are quite a few coins that are sleepers. I just wish
I had a crystal ball, and could come up with that definite list, and
start buying now!

I hope, for the bidders' sake, that this is one of those cases!
Otherwise, ouch!

You stay away from my sleeper Morgans! ;-)

--
Smile!!

Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

FA: Rare 1890s "Amateur Gardening" Magazines - 60+, valuable colour plates the_nerd General 0 June 24th 04 06:20 PM
Sample slabs? who knew Michael R Coins 7 February 16th 04 06:03 PM
old books, rare books, valuable books and bargain price books Studio Bibliografico Iavarone Books 0 November 25th 03 01:11 PM
Are these valuable? D Worldwide Stamps 1 November 13th 03 06:59 AM
The 2004 - 2006 proof set should be valuable private Coins 5 November 8th 03 05:27 PM