Democrats in Congress choking off USA oil supply-when 67% ofAmericans want to drill !

Old June 30th 08, 04:45 AM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Governor Swill

Default Democrats in Congress choking off USA oil supply-when 67% of Americans want to drill !

This is bvallely's brain on drugs:
There isn't squat in ANWR that would do anything to lower the price of oil.

.
So, in your world view, increasing production DOESN'T lower the price
of a product?

Not when demand is rising faster than the new field can pump.

Swill
--
Gobama! Gobama! Gobama! Gobama!
Old June 30th 08, 04:50 AM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Governor Swill

This is " 's brain on drugs:
Not to long ago most Americans thought Iraq had something to do with 911 and
the place was over flowing with WMD. I bet you are one of those loons that
is still looking.

.
There is no serious question that Saddam had them. He boasted of
having them, and used them to kill 10,000 of his own people.

Yeah, in the eighties.

And yet,
we haven't found a hint that he destroyed those weapons as he said he
did. Where are they?

They were found and destroyed in the nineties.

Tell me this fool. Why has the right voted to block drilling for so long?

.
We haven't. The Democrats did.

Yes, they have. You want proof? The GOP controlled Congress for
fifteen years. During those fifteen years they overrode many
Presidential vetoes and shut the Dems completely off from power. How
is it then, that from 1995 when they became the majority until 2007
when they lost the majority, did they not take some time out to
eliminate the drilling bans offshore and in Alaska? A: Because they
couldn't get enough support from their own party to get it done and
because every governor of Florida and every Atlantic state with
offshore oil reserves has refused to allow it. Lest you try to lie
your way out of the sack, Florida has had Republican governors since
the nineties. Massachusetts and several other eastern seaboard state
have also had many Republican governors, Georgia and New Jersey
serving as two more examples of Republican governed states who just
said "NO!" to drilling for oil off their shores.

Swill
--
Gobama! Gobama! Gobama! Gobama!
Old June 30th 08, 04:52 AM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Governor Swill

This is Gary DeWaay's brain on drugs:
Well, except for the oil speculators keeping the price artificially
higher (as much as 50% some reports say) and OPEC can lower or raise the
supply at will, yes.

OPEC now controls less than a third of the world's oil supplies.

Swill
--
Gobama! Gobama! Gobama! Gobama!
Old June 30th 08, 04:55 AM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Governor Swill

This is Gary DeWaay's brain on drugs:
And if we were to magically start drilling oil in ANWR tomorrow it would
drop the price of oil 75 cents a barrel at peak.

And THIS is what righties consider a "solution"? Just stop following
politics. Everyone is noticing you are all morons.

Here's a comment from a Texan on the Magic Petroleum Fairy.
http://www.gocomics.com/bensargent/?...mpid=0&ssns=9&

Swill
--
Gobama! Gobama! Gobama! Gobama!
Old June 30th 08, 04:55 AM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Governor Swill

This is bvallely's brain on drugs:
*Why has the right been blocking oil for so long?

.
We haven't.
.
Why didn't they open ANWR
when they had control of both branches of government?

.
Because we didn't have a filibuster-proof majority.
.
Why has the right
failed for so long to get anything done?

.
Because the Democrats have been obstructionists.

All of these statements are false and it was proven just a few posts
back.

Swill
--
Gobama! Gobama! Gobama! Gobama!
Old June 30th 08, 05:08 AM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Governor Swill

This is bvallely's brain on drugs:
So you are telling me that no republicans have been voting along with the
left to block drilling?

.
I didn't say that. There are some liberal Republicans. Most of them
have been voted out.

Not so. Some GOP moderates got voted out in 2006 for voting the party
line instead of their constituents wishes. Several right wing
hardliners also left office. Santorum getting his ass kicked in an
election he should have abandoned and Bill Frist resigning amid
disclosures of ethics violations just months after being designated as
a front running Presidential candidate for 2008 are two that come to
mind. Let's not forget the GOP district in Mississippi that after
three decades in Republican hands went to the Dems in a landslide
despite a GOP tactic of tying the Dem candidate to Barack Obama. Same
thing happened in another GOP district in the south. Then there's
Dennis Hastert. After announcing he would serve out his term but
might not run again, he abruptly resigned from office amid public
disclosure of a real estate deal he made millions on by voting for an
unpopular highway project in his home state. That district too, went
to a Dem candidate in a landslide.

Your party's best bet is to start telling the truth for a change. The
public no longer buys your spin or your mudslinging or your lies about
your opposition. The People have realized how you've used these
tactics to distract them while you've run wild though the treasury and
the public trust. You can't even count on the evangelical vote
anymore.

You're through.

Swill
--
Gobama! Gobama! Gobama! Gobama!
Old June 30th 08, 05:12 AM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Governor Swill

This is Republican Liar's brain on drugs:
bvallely wrote
No, I believe that most republicans vote to drill,

Do you also believe in the Easter bunny?

and most democrats vote to keep working class citizens poor
by keeping oil prices artifically low.

That didn't even make sense. New crop of mushrooms in this evening?

If you think that the left has been sucessful in keeping oil priced low for
reasons you state then you really are lame. Maybe you can give me some sort
of idea just how this is done. Do you have even one clue? You say that the
left has been keeping citizens poor by keeping oil prices low? Now I really
have to hear this one. I will leave a big space just for you to explain how
in your mind anyway just how this is done.

Make sure you leave plenty. His attempt to back out of his last
statement should be very entertaining.

Swill
--
Gobama! Gobama! Gobama! Gobama!
Old July 1st 08, 10:41 PM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western[_2_]

What has me confused is how both candidates and a bunch of large city mayors
have been tutt-tutting oil sands' purchases in the near future. Campaign BS
to somehow stroke the voters warm feelings about the environment? In the
first place, as often occurs, dirty production tends to become cleaner in
most industries as public grousing and technology falls into place (when's
the last time you saw a working teepee burner?). That is happening in
Alberta by all accounts. In the second place, do they have no idea of what
percentage of current US oil consumption comes from the tar sands? Where do
they propose to find the shortfall if they ban it and shut off the valve (on
a pipeline that I believe currently runs from Fort McMurray to Chicago and
Detroit - big Obama areas)? Venezuela? Russia? Oh well, no skin off Canada's
nose as I am sure India and China will most graciously purchase what the
U.S. turns it's nose up against.

Old July 2nd 08, 01:10 AM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 21:41:45 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

In the
first place, as often occurs, dirty production tends to become cleaner in
most industries as public grousing and technology falls into place (when's
the last time you saw a working teepee burner?) snip

Last one I saw in these parts (well, north of here on US 395) was
around 1972, eh. Logging in that era ceased at that time, and the
formerly wooded areas are still denuded.
Old July 2nd 08, 01:41 AM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
saddlebag

On Jun 28, 3:53*pm, "Republican Liar" wrote:
"trippin-2-8-track" wrote in

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...l_lower_prices

the public's opinion has changed as well- how can
Democrats keep blocking our desire to tap oil resources,
when 67% of us want to drill ?

you can't blame the Republicans for this, and you can't
blame Bush for this- it's a Democrat controlled Congress,
since 2006

*Why has the right been blocking oil for so long? Why didn't they open ANWR
when they had control of both branches of government? Why has the right
failed for so long to get anything done? Why has Bush been on vacation all
this time? The republicans hate America and want everyone to pay more for
gas at the pumps.

I don't think that's the case.

But you can definitely blame Republicans for running up the deficit by
drunken sailor spending and while concurrently lowering taxes. Big
debt lowers the value of our currency. Who wants to invest in a
country with such a big debt paying such poor interest?

You can definitely blame Republicans for deregulating everything
including the mortgage industry to the point that con men run the
show. The result is our housing crisis, the straw that broke the
camel's back.

You can definitely blame Republicans for policies that encourage our
business to export *productive* jobs overseas leaving us with a nation
full of people whose only skills are poodle grooming and massage
therapy. When trading with overseas nations for necessities like
cars, electronics, and oil, it's good to produce something we can
export in trade. Printing more money solves nothing.

And to expect a Democratic Congress to change anything when Bu$h vetos
everything is a bit unrealistic. I find most Dems to be spineless
weasels, but they still beat overt criminals.