Beware of this non-registered ebayer

Old September 25th 06, 04:28 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

Default Beware of this non-registered ebayer

Don't allow this person to send you e-checks from PayPal. His complete
e-mail address is:
bjohnson1@ phxhs.k12.az.us He was the one that stole the Bob Dole FDC
signed from me right after got a cancelation from Paypal. He claimed
that PayPal cancelled it and not him. It was only worth $5.00, but
still the person robbed. His name is Brette Johnson.

Chip

Old September 25th 06, 04:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Chip, does he have other complaints against him? Maybe he can go on
the watch list. If so, send me a link to his auctions. If he's in
good standing and his items are not suspect though, then it might be a
case of lost mail where he's stubborn and doesn't want to compensate
you/believe you.

Old September 25th 06, 05:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

I've written to several of the people he bought from, but they all come
back
that he did good. I was the only one it seems to have gotten ripped
off, and right
after that, he became an unregisted user.

Chip

Old September 25th 06, 08:26 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

Hi Sue,
Here is a link on his reviews:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...id=metrotech06

His EBay ID was metrotech06

Chip

Old September 25th 06, 08:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Yeah, he doesn't qualify for me to do something on him. He's got only
one user name, perfect feedback and all his feedbacks are from sellers
not buyers. So can't even say he sold fakes...

I think yours is an abhoration; I wouldn't say he ripped you off
intentionally because of the above and two, because the amount was so
small. He wasn't right though not to rectify it, but then again, he
probably thinks he mailed it and why should he pay you back for
something he no longer has. I would probably feel like that too; but
would try to work something out. I might conclude (though there is no
proof) that this one experience soured him from Ebay and that's why
he's no longer a registered user.

I'd let it go. Sorry; was pulling for him to be a for sure jerk; but
right now looks like a mishap that went south and the only thing we
can say for sure is he's not willing to compromise/believe you.

Old September 25th 06, 10:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

He didn't die because he wrote back saying he'd pay for it. But I
haven't heared a word from him. I'm letting it go like Sue thinks I
should.

Chip

Michel wrote:
"chip1057" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Sue,
Here is a link on his reviews:

Sure is odd. Something strange must have happened. Maybe the guy died or
something and his family froze all of his bank transactions?

Old September 25th 06, 11:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I've been ripped off three times on Ebay. You can never tell when
they'll go bad. There was one that had perfect feedback too when I
bid and that whole lot of stuff he sold, he went bad on... negative
feedbacks started just about the time I won and had paid for the item!

I also think a good tip is to consider how people want to be paid. If
cash and money order only, you gotta wonder why. I mean they could
have a reason not to take checks, or Pay Pal, but many times, a lot of
bad dealers want the cash only as it's untraceable really.

Old September 26th 06, 12:00 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2

That's why I try and stick with people who have good feed back; and paypal
only. I've been burnt once-bought a DVD that never appeared.

pe2

Old September 26th 06, 01:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

I didn't have any trouble with one guy who paid through PayPal e-check.
It cleared, but this guy paid through PayPal e-check, and it took for
days but then got a notice from Paypal that it wasn't accepted. I
wrote to him,and he said that Paypal stopped it, not him.

Paypal is the best way, plus I like USPS Money orders. No personal
checks. I've had one person who have sent cash before, and that' s
okay.

Chip