PING! SATRAP!

Old November 27th 05, 06:27 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Default PING! SATRAP!

Has anyone heard from thiis woman? Las rumor I heard, in all of her
moves, she was last sighted at the White House as the Chief Protocol
Officer. She gets to write all the dinner invitations by hand, in
orange ink, of course, and tell all the shrub family which forks to
use and when.

Old November 27th 05, 05:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

JimL wrote:
She gets to write all the dinner invitations by hand, in
orange ink, of course, and tell all the shrub family which forks to
use and when.

I didn't think Texans used forks, just fingers for the barbecue and
spoons for the beans. Learn somethin' new everyday. ;0)

Mark Z.
Old November 28th 05, 12:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

"mz" wrote in message
JimL wrote:
She gets to write all the dinner invitations by hand, in
orange ink, of course, and tell all the shrub family which forks to
use and when.

I didn't think Texans used forks, just fingers for the barbecue and
spoons for the beans. Learn somethin' new everyday. ;0)

Mark Z.

Surprisingly, Texans are hardly as uncivilized despite the appearances given
by some of the higher-profile Texans.

however, BBQ must be eaten with fingers.

Didn't know S. was a Texan. Though she doesn't seem to mind socializin'
with us.

Old November 28th 05, 02:07 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Are the fingers a side dish or a condiment?

Old November 28th 05, 04:20 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

It was the Shrubberies who are from Texas. Satrap is from Chicago or
somewhere in that general area. And I miss her orange presence too.

Old November 28th 05, 01:27 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

*david* wrote:
It was the Shrubberies who are from Texas. Satrap is from Chicago or
somewhere in that general area. And I miss her Her orange presence too.

YOOOOHOOOOO!!! I am here!
Sorry folks, have been back and forth to my native Chicago a lot
lately. My husband and I were hit a second time (first time, March 1,
head-on SUV; then, rear-ended Sept. 17). A month after the 2d
accident, my Dad caught pneumonia, and was in hospital for 3 weeks, 2
of those weeks in ICU; he was suffering with shortness of breath, to
the point the had to do a trache on him. now he is in a convalescent
home being weaned from a ventilator. We can't move him just yet. So I
have been trying to handle things for him. However, I have notified
the Illinois Ombudsman about his situation, as I just found out he
developed a sore. I am livid. I have had to "satraperize" the company
that manages the building where he lives (as in, call office of US
Senator Ronen, who then notified office of Alderman Smith...), and all
that kind of thing. I am sure Dad is going to get better, he has been
able to wean for as much as 9 hours. It's just that, well, that is
Dad, and I am concerned about him. When he is released, he will live
with us, he will complain about it, but as long as he is able to
complain, that is fine. After all, he is Sir Satrap the Elder.

He knows the Sox are the World Champs (I have 2 T-shirts and a mug,
waiting for him).

Folks with children, make sure you have daughters. We take care of
you, especially if Mom has already gone to heaven. Now, I am probably
preaching to the choir, but please make sure to have all your paperwork
in order, while you are in good health. Power of Attorney, Durable
(Health care) Power of Attorney, bank accounts, and all of that. Of
course, I have learned to have emrgency bags packed for EVERYBODY,
including Dad; lists of family members in the immediate area; phone
numbers of agencies serving seniors, people with disabilities, etc.

If any of you think of anything else I need to do, feel free to say so.
I am quite tired, and not thinking as clearly as I should, I know.

Oh yeah, and The Husband and I are also planning to move back to
Chicago, or one of the burbs, when our accident case is closed. We are
still going through physical therapy.

Where is John Cline Deux?

Pens....ok, back in September, I bought a black Namiki Bamboo from Pam
Braun. NICE!!! This is my first Namiki, and I quite like it. I'm
tempted to go for a sterling Crane...
Then, on one of our emergency trips home, I stopped at Pearl Art (on
Chicago Ave. and Franklin, across the street from Starbucks) and got a
green Sheaffer Balance (the marbled green colour) for like, 65.00. I
like this one, too. Ordered some Laban pens from Richard Jarvis' site,
and should get those this week. Just won a blue Waterman Liaison off
the 'Bay, should get that this week, too. Also reallllllyyyyyy
thinking about that Waterman Exception, the black/gold.

Yowza, I haven't even had time to do my hair!

How is everybody? How was Thanksgiving?

OOOOPS!! Sorry for this long letter!

Old November 28th 05, 04:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

PS ---

Ya don't have to be from TX to know that you have to eat BBQ with
(CLEAN) hands!
Same for pizza :-)

As for the Shrubberoonies....let them eat cake! LOL

Old November 28th 05, 08:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Hey Satrap

Glad to hear you're still around
Not so glad to hear how you're being treated
Hope it all improves sooner rather than later
....at least with all the evil stuff you have to sign, you have a nice
pen or two to do it with.

:-)

David

Old November 29th 05, 12:54 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

"so what" wrote in probably the least important part of a very poignant
post:

| Where is John Cline Deux?

Right here...my gosh, you've had some rough times.

We're here for you (and haven't forgotten your birthday is coming up!)

john cline ii, who also has had a few things happen, but nothing quite
like all that...My dear Miss Satrap, you are a strong one and a
fighter...Godspeed to you and your Dad and husband!

PING: the living lady (third time) Larry Louks Coins 1 November 27th 05 02:52 PM
Ping Byron Reed Harv Coins 3 August 16th 05 03:32 AM
Ping! -- Satrap JimL Pens & Pencils 3 July 20th 04 03:12 AM
Bad News for Miss Satrap john cline ii Pens & Pencils 9 June 15th 04 06:59 AM
PING Mike Marotta South of Provemont Coins 3 July 24th 03 04:22 AM