Pen recommendations

Old August 27th 03, 10:36 AM
DovR

Spontaneous cracks, even another famous co's precious resin does not do
that. I was NOT tempted to acquire the retro P51 SE. Granted it's a lovely
looking pen, but the conv and cartridges were not fitting of a $350 pen.
Today they are available at 200 and less.

Re Polar Bear Delta Animals series. I got because my name means bear. Very
pretty pen and writes well. Imagine the surprise and consternation to note
big globs of green, blue black and any other color ink on the inside of the
white celluloid cap, by the bear's face. Beautiful pen but heard a lot of
returns and this could well be the reason.

.. Any suggestions how to clean this stain. Apparently the residue of the
nib which spread. Ugh...............

"BLandolf" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:39:58 -0400, "Robert Chin"
wrote:

snip

With the Mare, the Parker 51 and a few others, you'll learn that those
phrases are to cover up poor quality control....

Not to rain on your parade, Robert, but the new 51s (both colors) had
major problems with the barrels cracking (flat out terrible plastic).
Parker made new barrels and sent them to all their distributors.
Make sure yours has one of the new barrels on it so it doesn't
spontenously crack in a few months. --- Bernadette