To all collectors of Lincoln stuff

Old February 21st 05, 12:46 PM
Dale Hallmark

Default To all collectors of Lincoln stuff

Here is a very interesting item! (not mine) and I think it
will bring a interesting price too. Probably out of my league anyway.

Someone showed a similar item here on rcc sometime in the last few years but I
forget who that was.
Anyway, for you Lincoln aficionados, this ought to be a fun and informative auction
to watch.

Dale

Old February 21st 05, 12:55 PM
Alan Williams

Dale Hallmark wrote:

Here is a very interesting item! (not mine) and I think it
will bring a interesting price too. Probably out of my league anyway.

Someone showed a similar item here on rcc sometime in the last few years but I
forget who that was.
Anyway, for you Lincoln aficionados, this ought to be a fun and informative auction
to watch.

Dale

I think the fellow you have in mind is mark (coin3 on ebaY).

Alan
'its a temptation'
Old February 21st 05, 01:19 PM
Dale Hallmark

"Stujoe" wrote in message
t...
Dale Hallmark spoke thusly...
Here is a very interesting item! (not mine) and I think it
will bring a interesting price too. Probably out of my league anyway.

Someone showed a similar item here on rcc sometime in the last few years but I
forget who that was.
Anyway, for you Lincoln aficionados, this ought to be a fun and informative
auction
to watch.

Dale

Very cool. I would love to have that! Way out of my league though by a
factor of about ten.

--
Stujoe
http://www.CoinPeople.com

So far I know at least one of the bidders :-) He might not be happy about me
bringing it to
rcc's attention but I posted the link before I saw that! (don't remember if he post
here or not)
A little out of my area of focus however; I am tempted but............

Dale

Old February 21st 05, 10:22 PM
prgrmr

Alan Williams wrote:
Dale Hallmark wrote:

Here is a very interesting item! (not mine) and I think it
will bring a interesting price too. Probably out of my league

anyway.

I think the fellow you have in mind is mark (coin3 on ebaY).

Yeah, I'm watching this. In the past 3-4 years there have been about
4-5 a year sold on ebay. That number seems to be increasing over time,
as well, so don't think that this is the last one you are going to see.
They've gone from $500 - $900, depending on condition. Some auction
house (it might have been Heritage, I don't remember) had one sell for
a bit over a grand in the live auction listings.

This is the last one that sold on ebay:

Notice the toning, particularly in the fields and compare it to the one
up for bid now, it's a significant difference in the state of
preservation.

This one up for bid now is in great condition. It's not corroded or
harshly toned, plus it has the marble backing, which not all of them
offered on ebay do. I suspect that this one will finish high; I also
suspect that the seller has a $900 or more reserve on it, but I don't
know, not having asked. I am supposed to be getting my income tax
refund soon, and now have something else to contemplate dropping it on.

Of course is you want to drop an obscene amount of money on a Lincoln
plaque, there are those opportunities to be had as well, although I
wouldn't recommend it:

mark

Old February 21st 05, 11:38 PM
Alan Williams

prgrmr wrote:

Alan Williams wrote:
Dale Hallmark wrote:

[...]

A double digit percentage of mine became a low mintage commemorative
half, a 2005 SAE and a 1949 Canadian Silver Dollar. ;-)

Of course is you want to drop an obscene amount of money on a Lincoln
plaque, there are those opportunities to be had as well, although I
wouldn't recommend it:

I want one, but it's out there on a 20 year hence want list. ;-)

Alan
'after the mast as it were'
Old February 22nd 05, 12:20 AM
Dale Hallmark

"prgrmr" wrote in message
oups.com...

Alan Williams wrote:
Dale Hallmark wrote:

[...]

They are beautiful plaques. A little out of my league as for price
and not my main area of interest as I have stated previously. Can't afford
to like them
very much.

Here is a plaquette that I won very recently that is a little better fit for
me :-)
The price is much more my style anyway!

Dale
likes fairy tales

Old February 23rd 05, 12:35 AM
rhodo chrosite

Thanks for highlighting this auction ! I'm checking tonight to be sure that
the plaque that I have is the same. It's been stored away for over 25
years. I bought mine from an auction sometime between 1963-1971 for
something in the $20 to $30 range. Hopefully I recorded the source and
price.

Old February 23rd 05, 01:16 PM
Dale Hallmark

"rhodo chrosite" wrote in message
news:1109119111.24fceb3d146da2e0a4677654010736ad@t eranews...
Thanks for highlighting this auction ! I'm checking tonight to be sure that the
plaque that I have is the same. It's been stored away for over 25 years. I
bought mine from an auction sometime between 1963-1971 for something in the $20 to
$30 range. Hopefully I recorded the source and price.

"Dale Hallmark" wrote in message
Here is a very interesting item! (not mine) and I think it
will bring a interesting price too. Probably out of my league anyway.

Someone showed a similar item here on rcc sometime in the last few years but I
forget who that was.
Anyway, for you Lincoln aficionados, this ought to be a fun and informative
auction to watch.

Dale

When you find it, how about an image?
weather it is the same or not.