Why not just answer questions here?

Old March 22nd 09, 07:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Rebecca Ore

Default Why not just answer questions here?

In article ,
"bowcan" wrote:

Hypothesis: Our FPN enthusiast has helped the very group he wants to harm as
demonstrated by significant increases in the number of topics & replies
compared to the same two months one year ago.

Having him around to prove wrong is useful. I'll keep kicking him so he
posts more and so provokes more useful answers. (Watch out for modern
Pelikans -- the tassie is fragile if you flick the clip a lot as I found
out on my M600).
Old March 22nd 09, 11:40 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Jimmy

"Rebecca Ore" wrote in message
In article ,
"l, not -l" wrote:

These are my opinions and I reroute questions from here as a public
service.
You don't have to agree with my opionion, you are certainly entitled
yours. I'll continue to do what I do

Anyone using Usenet these days has made a decision to do so -- it's
not
the default net communication protocol (Google and web forums that
show
up on Google searches are). I know about the FPN, I think I have an
account there and I know I've posted there. I find web forums tedious
compared to Usenet. If I have multiple interests, I have to subscribe
to multiple forums, and log in, search, etc. With Usenet, I sub
whatever groups interest me, log on once and read threaded replies and
can filter replies from people who I've decided not to read much more
easily than on a web forum. And since it's text only, it's faster
than
a web forum.

I doubt seriously that anyone posting here doesn't know about FPN
since
new users and most of the rest of us are going to Google for
information
about things we're not that familiar with. That will get you,
depending
on your interests, fairly quickly to Photo.net, the FPN, various
falconry forums, and technical discussion forums, and probably some
social groups similar to alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk. Usenet
is
less time-consuming, less graphics heavy, and gives multiple interests
for one log-on.

My guess is that anyone posting here knows already about FPN and has
made a deliberate choice to stick with Usenet or use Usenet to
supplement FPN. Group search isn't the default with Google.

I should respond here, rather than in later in the thread, which has
drifted away from the point. You've figured me out; I know the web
forums, but I *like* the plain text nature of usenet.

No doubt it's natural to like gleaming, ornate web pages with pictures,
audio, video, any font you want, and so on. The novelty wears off,
though.

I admire well-written prose, and I think usenet helps to encourage it:
like a quiet room, a blank sheet of unlined paper and a good pen.

Most of what I read here bears this out.

--
Alan

Old March 23rd 09, 01:06 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
bowcan

"l, not -l" wrote in message

On 22-Mar-2009, "bowcan" wrote:

snip for brevity

You have mistaken me for someone else; I was supportive of Griz when the
fpnmailinator showed up. If you doubt it, check googles archive.

--
Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

No, I'll take you at your word. Already done enough 'googling' for one day.

You've said your peace; I've said mine. We agree to disagree I guess.

(Keep folks on their toes to beat you to replies g)

Anyway, no hard feelings. It's just not in my nature to bear anyone any ill
will.

You answered my questions and I thank you for your replies.

Enjoy your week!

--Bruce

Old March 23rd 09, 01:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
bowcan

"bowcan" wrote:

Hypothesis: Our FPN enthusiast has helped the very group he wants to harm
as
demonstrated by significant increases in the number of topics & replies
compared to the same two months one year ago.

Having him around to prove wrong is useful. I'll keep kicking him so he
posts more and so provokes more useful answers. (Watch out for modern
Pelikans -- the tassie is fragile if you flick the clip a lot as I found
out on my M600).

Yes, every group needs a 'foil' of sorts, but you didn't need me to tell you
that! : )

Enjoy your week

--Bruce

Old March 23rd 09, 01:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
bowcan

"krishnananda" wrote in message

snip for brevity

You know, you really should head over to FPN for statistics discussions.
All the members there have Ph.D.s in statistics.

--
om

Ha! Yes, babbling about statistics is a surefire way to get myself
kill-filtered & 'plonked'! ; )

At FPN admin would say, "knock off the nerd stuff or be banished from the
realm!"

Thanks for reply & enjoy your week.

--Bruce

CAC........the definitive answer Ira Coins 27 March 12th 08 01:59 PM
CAC........the definitive answer Ira Coins 0 March 11th 08 11:59 PM
guess no one here could answer my questions David Dibble Juke Boxes 9 December 11th 06 03:09 AM
need answer ed kaseman Football (US) 0 December 13th 03 02:46 AM
Will Reid Answer? Bill Fordler Coins 12 July 15th 03 11:55 AM