Reverse design of 2010 Sac

Old December 7th 09, 02:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael G. Koerner

Default Reverse design of 2010 Sac

In case anyone didn't yet notice, the USMint has unveiled the design for the
2010 Sac.

It is at:
http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/...n=2010NADesign

I actually kind of like this one.

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old December 7th 09, 02:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in message
In case anyone didn't yet notice, the USMint has unveiled the design for
the 2010 Sac.

It is at:
http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/...n=2010NADesign

I actually kind of like this one.

Still looks like more cut 'n' paste clipart on a flat background to me.
I'd like to see some traditional medalists tackle the Sac and maybe come up
with some dimensional features on a textured background. The Sac doesn't
circulate anymore anyway, so why not use it as a design platform for some
serious artists.

Old December 7th 09, 02:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jass[_2_]

On Dec 6, 9:44*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in ...

In case anyone didn't yet notice, the USMint has unveiled the design for
the 2010 Sac.

It is at:
http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/...n=2010NADesign

I actually kind of like this one.

Still looks like more cut 'n' paste clipart on a flat background to me.
I'd like to see some traditional medalists tackle the Sac and maybe come up
with some dimensional features on a textured background. *The Sac doesn't
circulate anymore anyway, so why not use it as a design platform for some
serious artists.

The sac does indeed circulate. Ive gotten new ones as change from
machines many times (Boston MBTA fare machines)

Most recently, I got 10 coins as change. 1 new sac, 2 old sacs, 1
susan, and the rest presidents.

(The machines give out up to $19 in change)
Old December 7th 09, 03:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Jass" wrote in message
[...]

_________________

I guess you're luckier(?) than I am. I've never received one in change ever
since they came out. That indicates to me that they don't circulate, and
are being used mainly as "tokens" in vending machines, like you experienced.
When was the last time you actually got one in change at a store? Some of
our local banks do keep a few mixed dollar coins in a change tray on the
counter for those who might ask for one. A few banks have been getting
rolls of the new president dollars, but no Sac dollars.

Old December 7th 09, 02:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

___________________________________________ *____ * * * * * * *_______________
Regards, * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *| * *|\ * *____
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *| * *| | *| * *|\
Michael G. Koerner * * * * * * * May they * | * *| | *| * *| | * rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA * * * * * * * * * * | * *| | *| * *| |
___________________________________________ | * *| | *| * *| | _______________

For the last 2 or 3 months, my 2 boxes per week of dollar coins have
been almost always 2 boxes of mint rolled 2009 NA$ in bank boxes (5 x
8 rolls). The few boxes that were not NA$ were either a mix of mint
rolls of presidents or a mix of mint rolls of presidents and NA$. In
past years, I would once in a while get a bank box with mint rolls of
presidents, usually because the big regional cash vault had opened
mint boxes of Prexibux (the 4 x 10 boxes with holes punched in the top
to view the rolls) and shipped some of them to bank branches that
placed orders for less than $1000. When they had leftovers, the simply
boxed them up and shipped them to whoever ordered a full box.

I haven't gotten any 'commingled' dollar coin rolls in a few months.
I'm sure that will change at some unknown point in time.

As speaking of mntages, they will need to make a few 10s of millions
more of the 2009 NA$ to keep the percentage within the legally
mandated ratio of NA$ to Prexibux. Thank you Byron Dorgan.

I was spending some rolls of NA$ coins yesterday in a 'retirement
community' at a big grocery store and the Twenty-something cashier
(male) thought they were the coolest thing he had seen in a long time.
He bought extra rolls for the register to use as change.
Old December 7th 09, 03:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Petronius

"shreadvector" wrote in message
I was spending some rolls of NA$ coins yesterday in a 'retirement community' at
a big grocery store ...

Funny, previously you went on at length about how you aren't "spending" your
dollar coins, claiming that you merely "go through" them and castigating me
about my alleged reading comprehension deficiencies.
Guess you can't keep your story straight, eh Freddy?
Oh what a tangled web we weave...

Old December 7th 09, 05:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

On Dec 7, 7:02*am, "Petronius" wrote:
"shreadvector" wrote in message

I was spending some rolls of NA$ coins yesterday in a 'retirement community' at
a big grocery store ...

Funny, previously you went on at length about how you aren't "spending" your
dollar coins, claiming that you merely "go through" them and castigating me
about my alleged reading comprehension deficiencies.
Guess you can't keep your story straight, eh Freddy?
Oh what a tangled web we weave...

Feel free to kill file me (as you claimed last time, but that was a
lie) so that you don't have to tax your limited reading comprehension
skills. As we have proven repeatedly in the past week or so, you
cannot comprehend that when I "go through" 2000 per week, it does not
mean that I purchase $2000 worth of goods and services. When you hand
someone a $100 bill for a $2.37 purchase, did you buy $100 worth of
stuff? No, you bought $2.37 and you got change.

Please respond again to illustrate just how completely stupid you are.
I enjoy helping you do so. I encourage others to present you with
additional reading and math tests to help you prove to the world (and
by "world" I mean the 5 people still using USENET) your I.Q.

Just for fun, here is another repeat of what was said to you last
time:

"Once again you prove that you cannot read (or comprehend what you
read).

When I pay for an tranaction and the total is $1.09 and I hand them a
$25 roll (that they open and count), and they hand me a twenty dollar
bill, 3 rag dollars and 91 cents change, how much money have I
"spent"? I "spent" $1.09 and I "used" 25 dollar coins.

And when the cashier or people at work exhange their $20s, $100s or
checks for rolls of dollar coins, those are gone as well.

That is how I "go through", not "spend" 2000 dollar coins a week for
years and years.

You obviously simply want to argue or fight and that is why you accuse
me of lying and you falsely claim that I "spend" 2000 dollar coins a
week.

You are making yourself look stupid. I have no doubt that you will
continue."

Old December 7th 09, 07:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

I missed the 'a' in "steaming".
Old December 7th 09, 09:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

On Dec 6, 6:26*pm, "Michael G. Koerner" wrote:
In case anyone didn't yet notice, the USMint has unveiled the design for the
2010 Sac.

It is at:http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/...n=2010NADesign

I actually kind of like this one.

--
___________________________________________ *____ * * * * * * *_______________
Regards, * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *| * *|\ * *____
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *| * *| | *| * *|\
Michael G. Koerner * * * * * * * May they * | * *| | *| * *| | * rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA * * * * * * * * * * | * *| | *| * *| |
___________________________________________ | * *| | *| * *| | _______________

Good related article on the WSJ site:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1260...?mod=yhoofront
Old December 7th 09, 09:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Petronius

"shreadvector" wrote in message

And be sure to accuse me of "spending" again and use the term as you define it
(as buying goods and services in that amount and ignoring

the reality of exchanges with cashiers and coworkers and getting change back
from a $20 roll).

I didn't "accuse" you of spending, those were YOUR WORDS in your noontime post
of today ("I was spending some rolls of NA$ coins yesterday in a 'retirement
community' ata big grocery store ..."), you incredible limpet.
You still have done nothing to refute my assertion that your claim of spending
104,000 dollar coins a year is simply not credible.
You continue to lie and avoid the issue of your lack of credibility.
Then you resort to childish devices like "if you reply, you're a big stinky
poopyhead" or some such nonsense in a feebleminded attempt to take the heat off
you.
You're pathetic.
You'll be sure to reply with more snide remarks, childish catcalls, and outright
lies.
We're waiting, Shector...