Need of Manufacturer!!! Help!!

Old August 2nd 08, 12:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Annette

Default Need of Manufacturer!!! Help!!

Have a new coin album I want to have made. Cannot seem to get any
company here in the U.S. to do it. They are all "in house" and are
not open to outsiders like myself. I may need to go overseas but am
in need of help if anyone knows af any manufacturer that will make my
album? It is unique but I have no intetions of giving up. I have
contacted, Whitman, Harris, Littleton, Dansco, Anderson Press, to o
avail. Whether it's here in the U.S. or China, please help! A non-
disclosure is required.
Annette
Old August 2nd 08, 01:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Annette" wrote in message
Have a new coin album I want to have made. Cannot seem to get any
company here in the U.S. to do it. They are all "in house" and are
not open to outsiders like myself. I may need to go overseas but am
in need of help if anyone knows af any manufacturer that will make my
album? It is unique but I have no intetions of giving up. I have
contacted, Whitman, Harris, Littleton, Dansco, Anderson Press, to o
avail. Whether it's here in the U.S. or China, please help! A non-
disclosure is required.
Annette

Does your "non-disclosure" requirement prohibit you from describing a bit of
what you have in mind? It might help anyone inclined to offer a suggestion.

Old August 2nd 08, 01:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edwin Johnston

Annette wrote:
Have a new coin album I want to have made. Cannot seem to get any
company here in the U.S. to do it. They are all "in house" and are
not open to outsiders like myself. I may need to go overseas but am
in need of help if anyone knows af any manufacturer that will make my
album? It is unique but I have no intetions of giving up. I have
contacted, Whitman, Harris, Littleton, Dansco, Anderson Press, to o
avail. Whether it's here in the U.S. or China, please help! A non-
disclosure is required.
Annette

Contact David Lange:
http://www.coincollectingboards.com/
Old August 2nd 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Annette wrote:
Have a new coin album I want to have made. Cannot seem to get any
company here in the U.S. to do it. They are all "in house" and are
not open to outsiders like myself. I may need to go overseas but am
in need of help if anyone knows af any manufacturer that will make my
album? It is unique but I have no intetions of giving up. I have
contacted, Whitman, Harris, Littleton, Dansco, Anderson Press, to o
avail. Whether it's here in the U.S. or China, please help! A non-
disclosure is required.
Annette

If all the coins are the same size, Dansco sells pages with openings in
several millimeter sizes, and will custom print a title on the front and
spine of a binder for you. You can then carefully letter underneath the
openings with transfer tape or similar product. For a company to make any
given album, though, they must first do layout and then jig up, which makes
an edition of one on demand a very expensive proposition indeed.

On occasion I have had custom Capital Plastics holders made, complete with
custom lettering underneath the openings. They are expensive, but worth the
price.

James

Old August 2nd 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
John Mazor

Annette wrote:
[...]

I asked Capital Plastics for a quote on a custom plastic holder for 17 coins. It was
about $120 with a lettered title (only). Lettering the coin openings would add another
$20-$30 IIRC. Obviously, the coin set would have to be pretty special for that kind of
display.
www.capitalplastics.com

However, with the non-disclosure requirement it's not absolutely clear that Annette is
looking for a one-off for personal use. She may be wanting mass production of an album
she intends to market.

Old August 3rd 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Annette

On Aug 2, 8:52�am, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"Annette" wrote in message

Have a new coin album I want to have made. �Cannot seem to get any
company �here in the U.S. to do it. �They are all "in house" and are
not open to outsiders like myself. �I may need to go overseas but am
in need of help if anyone knows af any manufacturer that will make my
album? �It is unique but I have no intetions of giving up. I have
contacted, Whitman, Harris, Littleton, Dansco, Anderson Press, to o
avail. � Whether it's here in the U.S. �or China, please help! �A non-
disclosure is required.
Annette

Does your "non-disclosure" requirement prohibit you from describing a bit of
what you have in mind? �It might help anyone inclined to offer a suggestion.

What I have in mind is a album to collect one certain type of coin.
It involves six section not in a row. It is for special album that
involves dedications with charities and volumes to come. I really do
not want to give out much more because as John Mazer put it, yes, I
want to put it out in mass production. I do not want it to become
public domain until it hits commerce. I will have to do it all solo,
find the manufacturer, distribute, sell, and market the product. I am
in contact with a Chinese company now but they may not be able to do
it because of it's unique design. So here I am , just looking for
that special company that can do this at a decent cost. I appreciate
everyones input. Trust me, every clue any one gives me I do not take
it with a grain of salt. I am dedicated and relentless to get this
album completed.
Old August 3rd 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Annette

On Aug 2, 8:56�am, Edwin Johnston wrote:
Annette wrote:
Have a new coin album I want to have made. �Cannot seem to get any
company �here in the U.S. to do it. �They are all "in house" and are
not open to outsiders like myself. �I may need to go overseas but am
in need of help if anyone knows af any manufacturer that will make my
album? �It is unique but I have no intetions of giving up. I have
contacted, Whitman, Harris, Littleton, Dansco, Anderson Press, to o
avail. � Whether it's here in the U.S. �or China, please help! �A non-
disclosure is required.
Annette

Contact David Lange:http://www.coincollectingboards.com/

Thank you, I am on it! Annette
Old August 3rd 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Annette

On Aug 2, 9:12�am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
Annette wrote:
[...]

Thank you James, that is a nice suggestion but I do intend to mass
market it. I still will contact Capital Plastics, you never know
where it could lead.
Annette
Old August 3rd 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Annette

On Aug 2, 10:23�am, "John Mazor" wrote:

Annette wrote:
[...]

she intends to market.- Hide quoted text -

Hello John, yes I do intend to mass market it but also intend to
contact capital plastics. Thank you for the input.
Old August 3rd 08, 02:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Annette wrote:
[...]

Did you make your intentions known to Dansco when you contacted them? If
you plan to produce, say, a couple thousand of these albums in a single run,
they may just agree to make them for you. But be persistent, as not
everybody out there knows what the score is.

James